Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Angela Miller Thread

Naco1776

Miller’s success is all the more impressive given that she suffers from 40 percent hearing loss in her left ear and 20 percent loss in the right, a condition that stems from a missing protective covering on her eardrums. She has put off a skin graft surgery until after the “American Idol” competition because airplane flights could be painful.

In a previous interview with The Salem News, Miller said her condition “definitely makes it harder to sing.”

"I can hear myself fine, but the music and everything else around me can be difficult to hear,” she said. “I’ve learned to work with it over the last few years.”

Miller one of top 3 'Idol' vote-getters » Local News » SalemNews.com, Salem, MA

_luvqry

She sings well and I like her tone but I have to agree with Jimmy that her performances are so full of drama.

judes

I don't agree with Jimmy at all - I think she has such great nuances and really relays the lyrics well - however her song choice - Shop Around was a mistake - she just didn't do the song justice, you could hear the weaknesses in her voice - did Jimmy suggest that song or Angela - anyone know? I don't think Jimmy wants Angela to succeed. I think they want a country or R&B singer

DizzyDollyDee

I really like her too and feel she is another one they like to pick on - none of them are perfect but they like to make some appear to be. I feel the whole top 5 were good and had their weaknesses and strengths so there can't be a bad winner - but I am hoping it's Angie.

Naco1776

In an interview, Miller said the most important aspect of her success and fame thus far is that it has given her a chance to be a positive influence, especially on young girls.

"I remember being in high school and having terrible problems with my confidence and thinking I wasn't good enough," she said. "I want people to know that confidence is such a big thing and that you can accomplish your dreams. ... Just a year ago I wasn't even the lead in the musical (at Beverly High). I wasn't even popular."

Estimated 20,000 pay tribute to Angie Miller in Beverly hometown visit » Local News » SalemNews.com, Salem, MA