Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Austin Serial Bomber

Smokyiiis

Things have been rather tense here in Central Texas for the last several weeks. I woke up this morning relieved to hear that the bomber no longer walked this earth. I do worry that he may have left some surprise packages behind but am hoping with the increased vigilance that no harm will come to anyone further. But what I'd really like to know is what is wrong with this world that would cause a young 20s year old man to want to do something like this? What brings someone to this point? Why?

lolita55

Things have been rather tense here in Central Texas for the last several weeks. I woke up this morning relieved to hear that the bomber no longer walked this earth. I do worry that he may have left some surprise packages behind but am hoping with the increased vigilance that no harm will come to anyone further. But what I'd really like to know is what is wrong with this world that would cause a young 20s year old man to want to do something like this? What brings someone to this point? Why?

Some people are just crazy. There isn't anything that happened they were just born that way

However there are so many outside factors nowadays versus 30 years ago. I also think it is a break down in parenting, it seems like each generation is getting worse. Or at least that's what it seems like to me, but I also don't have kids.

Farawayhills

My thoughts go out to the people of the Austin area - unpredictable violence is always terrible when it comes close.

The alienation of some people from the society they live in is always present. Tom Douglas and Allen Shamblin tried to catch the feeling in "The House That Built Me"
"I thought if I could touch this place or feel it
This brokenness inside me might start healing
Out here it's like I'm someone else
I thought that maybe I could find myself
If I could just come in"

But, although the aim of music bringing people together and finding healing in their memories is laudable - it's not going to be enough in every case. One difference today is the climate of exaggerated bitterness in public life and discourse - it's so pervasive in social media, and sections of broadcasting, politics and even religion seem to endlessly play up confrontation and encourage a lack of tolerance and understanding for others. Even in general contexts, it's not conducive to mutual respect, and in people who are disturbed for whatever reasons, it can contribute to tipping them over the edge.

Smokyiiis

What a very troubled soul he was. Sounds from what I’ve read that he had a great upbringing and a strong Christian one at that. Are they attributing blame to non socialization due to homeschooling?

lolita55

What a very troubled soul he was. Sounds from what I’ve read that he had a great upbringing and a strong Christian one at that. Are they attributing blame to non socialization due to homeschooling?

Some people are just crazy, and there is nothing that can be done to prevent them from doing harm to others.