Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian billionaire plans to build Titanic II

epicamends

A new Titanic could be sailing the high seas within a few years.

Australian mining magnate Clive Palmer announced plans Monday to build an ultra-modern, luxury version of the doomed ocean liner in China.

More here: Australian billionaire plans to build Titanic II | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

I'm not sure how I feel about this. But I'm not gonna lie, if it does happen, I kind of really want a ticket to go on it. lol. I've been obsessed with the Titanic since I saw the movie as an 8-year-old child.

robinannhunt

I would not want to ride in the titanic after watching the special on PBS about how it was designed and built, lol.

epicamends

I would not want to ride in the titanic after watching the special on PBS about how it was designed and built, lol.

lol. Well, this one says it will be built with "state of the art 21st century technology" and the "latest navigation and safety systems". So I'm sure they'd build it so it's up to safety standards with the rest of today's cruise ships. ;)

epicamends

This article has a bit more info: Titanic 2 ship: Australian billionaire Clive Palmer commissions 21st-century replica | Mail Online

An historical research team will help to draw up the plans for the vessel, which will have the same dimensions as its predecessor, and will feature nine decks and 840 rooms.

The only differences will be below the water line - the ship will be powered by diesel rather than coal and will include a bulbous bow for greater fuel efficiency, plus an enlarged rudder and bow thrusters for improved manoeuvrability.
It will have four smoke stacks like the coal-powered original, but they will be purely decorative.