Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Avril Lavigne Engaged to Chad Kroeger of Nickelback! :)

supercarriefan

Congrats to my fellow Canadians on their engagement. I had no idea they were even a couple. Congrats to them on keeping that a secret.
Avril clearly has a thing for Canadian rockstars lol.
I agree with Jeff on the hope that this union doesn't result in a musical union.

teesharky

Well avril confirmed that they wrote a song together that made her album, and that is how they met per People mag. lol

David Hodges-- Carrie's friend and cowriter-- helped her write for the album too.

allamericangirl8

I liked her first album and bits of her second one. Pretty much hated everything since. I like a few Nickelback songs, but once you hear those songs, you've heard pretty much every song.

Congrats to them despite my disliking them musically!

supercarriefan

Well avril confirmed that they wrote a song together that made her album, and that is how they met per People mag. lol

David Hodges-- Carrie's friend and cowriter-- helped her write for the album too.

I don't care if they write together as long as we don't have to hear them sing together lol.

Audra

wow! I didn't even know they were dating! that's definitely amazing how they were able to keep it pretty low key up until now with the engagement lol

allamericangirl8

I DESPISE NICKELBACK SO MUCH.

Old Avril was perky and annoying....Now she's just annoying.

Oh well, good for them :)

Really? I would say the opposite. Old Avril was grating on the nerves for people and now she's perky (and possibly annoying). Old Avril leaned toward punk and goth, which aren't perky labels lol. Then she had that affinity for pink.

I don't know why everyone hates Nickelback, though. I like a few of their songs (Never Again comes to mind as being a pretty good song). Granted, they were never in the ball park of being the best band or anything, but they're harmless. And they're not really in your face (though I'm speaking as an American).

I don't know. I'd get it if Nickelback was, like, as big as Metallica, because anyone as big as Metallica could be grating on the nerves if you didn't like 'em. Is Nickelback that big in Canada? Because most of the time, here in America, people make fun of them because every song sounds the same. :p

I'm not saying that as a Nickelback fan, as I'm not a fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I don't understand why people passionately hate this group.

supercarriefan

Really? I would say the opposite. Old Avril was grating on the nerves for people and now she's perky (and possibly annoying). Old Avril leaned toward punk and goth, which aren't perky labels lol. Then she had that affinity for pink.

I don't know why everyone hates Nickelback, though. I like a few of their songs (Never Again comes to mind as being a pretty good song). Granted, they were never in the ball park of being the best band or anything, but they're harmless. And they're not really in your face (though I'm speaking as an American).

I don't know. I'd get it if Nickelback was, like, as big as Metallica, because anyone as big as Metallica could be grating on the nerves if you didn't like 'em. Is Nickelback that big in Canada? Because most of the time, here in America, people make fun of them because every song sounds the same. :p

I'm not saying that as a Nickelback fan, as I'm not a fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I don't understand why people passionately hate this group.

Sadly, they are pretty big here in Canada. However, a lot of people still make fun of them. Chad's voice gets made fun of a lot, too. Even MuchMusic (Canada's MTV equivalent) makes fun of Chad and Nickelback.