Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Award Season in 2012

sam_vzla

^I havent seen it yet! The success of the movie is incredible.After this weekend it will be the 3rd highest grossing film in the US after Avatar and Titanic.

The other day I watched a french movie called Seráphine, based on the life of the artist Seráphine de Senlis. It was very good. Seraphine is played by Yolanda Moreus and she did an amazing job. You should watch it. It's from 2008.

AIgrl06

Oooh I heard about Seraphine! I almost watched it a couple of years ago but for some reason I didn't...? Heh, anyway has everyone seen this trailer? AMAZING. I cannot wait.

Grace_Of_God

^ ugh.....idk how i feel about that. Im a big Les Mis fan and Amanda Seyfried is playing one of my favorite characters in the musical. And I dont care too much for her.

Have you seen the Great Gatsby trailer? Its like Moulin Rouge on drugs.....

SO
-Great Gatsby
-Les Mis
-Django Unchained (Tarantino's new film)

All come out on Christmas....which are YOU going to see??? haha

AIgrl06

I LOVE Les Mis! And I'm actually really excited, I think it looks fantastic so far. But heh, who knows? I think Hugh Jackman looks phenomenal! The Great Gatsby trailer was... interesting. I'm a huge Leo DiCaprio and Carey Mulligan fan, but I might sit this one out unless it's supposed to be amazing or something. Django on the other hand? I'm super excited about that one! So I'll be deciding between that and Les Mis. Truth be told, I'll probably end up seeing both in theaters, hah.

Grace_Of_God

^ yeah i wont be in town long for xmas and movies are super expensive in new york. So ill probably hit up Les Mis and Django as well while im in Orlando. and i agree about Gatsby....

stuffy

^ ugh.....idk how i feel about that. Im a big Les Mis fan and Amanda Seyfried is playing one of my favorite characters in the musical. And I dont care too much for her.
It could be worse. You almost had to listen to Taylor try to sing "On My Own".

sam_vzla

I know NOTHING about Les Miserables. The firts time I heard I Dreamed a Dream was Susan Boyle's audition lol. Is it weird?

How come we already have a trailer? It seems like it was yesterday when we were reading the rumors about Taylor Swift being on the movie and there's already a trailer?

bigbluegrl23

I know NOTHING about Les Miserables. The firts time I heard I Dreamed a Dream was Susan Boyle's audition lol. Is it weird?

How come we already have a trailer? It seems like it was yesterday when we were reading the rumors about Taylor Swift being on the movie and there's already a trailer?

the movie doesn't come out for a while. but to build buzz, studios can release a trailer consisting of scenes already filmed.
Becca

Grace_Of_God

Alright gang...ive seen

-The Hunger Games
-Dark Shadows
-The Avengers

I want to see "The 5 year engagement" but its not "available" yet. And I plan on watching Men in Black 3 soon. Does anyone else have some movie suggestions that have come out this year? I want to tackle this years movies that are good before I go back to older movies.

AIgrl06

Alright gang...ive seen

-The Hunger Games
-Dark Shadows
-The Avengers

I want to see "The 5 year engagement" but its not "available" yet. And I plan on watching Men in Black 3 soon. Does anyone else have some movie suggestions that have come out this year? I want to tackle this years movies that are good before I go back to older movies.

I can tell you a few to avoid, haha. The Lucky One. The Vow. ...That's all I got. I'm behind this year, lol.

Grace_Of_God

omg i could never see the vow. amnesia/dementia/alzheimers is like my worst nightmare. then when i saw it was based on a true story i was like "NOPE!".

yeah this year I decided that I was only going to watch the movies that interest me in the beginning part of the year, because last year I saw like every movie and so many of them were crappy. But not a lot of them have been interesting so far. Im apartment sitting at a friends and they have like 300 DVDs. Theres alot i havent seen so im watching those like a boss (and the first season of pretty little liars on instant netflix :eek:)

teesharky

Ok I haven't posted here in awhile but I have a lot to say for next year's award shows. lol

First---- I loved Charlize Theron in the Snow White movie. I expected the movie to be cheesy but it was surprisingly good!! So I am putting her on my list as an outside chance of a nom as her acting was fierce.

Second--- Tom Cruise in Rock of Ages OWNED! Holy crap! I know the movie itself didn't get the greatest reviews, but Tom has been loved by all the critics for his acting in this. I am going to predict him for a Golden Globe nom for Musical/Comedy. Probably not an Oscar nom--- but he was PHENOMINAL. Plus his singing was GREAT. Color me impressed.

Third--- I plan to see both Les Mis (now that it is SWSRN free- lol) and The Great Gatsby as the trailer looked amazing! Plus I am a huge Leo Dicaprio fan. He looks great as always in the trailer.

Hunger Games: I anticipate a nomination for Woody Harrelson for supporting actor maybe. He was hilarious and superb, as always. But otherwise I don't think anyone will break through. Jeniffer Lawrence was really good in it but her performance was not as WOW as it was in A Winter's Bone or whatever that movie was called.

The Les Mis trailer looks good too, but I am not digging Anne Hathaway's singing voice for some reason. I love her acting and I like her alot-- but her voice is not strong enough for the lead role. It isjust ok-- nothing special. I think someone with a stronger voice should have been cast. Sorry. :( I just expect the BEST for Broadway shows turned into movies. Ie-- Emma Rosum was superb in Phantom, but she was already a professional singer.