Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Award Season in 2012

teesharky

I can tell you a few to avoid, haha. The Lucky One. The Vow. ...That's all I got. I'm behind this year, lol.

agree. Neither movie was anything special. Kind of romantic comedies R Us.

But a pleasant surprise, to me, was Snow White and the Huntsman. I expected total CHEESE and crap, but left really happy. It was good!

But you MUST watch Tom Cruise in Rock of Ages. Holy Crap. He was beyond good. The critics loved him too, though they didn't like the movie that much. lol

I liked Russell Brand and Alec Baldwin in it too. They were hilarious.

Last edited:

bigbluegrl23

Ok I haven't posted here in awhile but I have a lot to say for next year's award shows. lol

First---- I loved Charlize Theron in the Snow White movie. I expected the movie to be cheesy but it was surprisingly good!! So I am putting her on my list as an outside chance of a nom as her acting was fierce.

Second--- Tom Cruise in Rock of Ages OWNED! Holy crap! I know the movie itself didn't get the greatest reviews, but Tom has been loved by all the critics for his acting in this. I am going to predict him for a Golden Globe nom for Musical/Comedy. Probably not an Oscar nom--- but he was PHENOMINAL. Plus his singing was GREAT. Color me impressed.

Third--- I plan to see both Les Mis (now that it is SWSRN free- lol) and The Great Gatsby as the trailer looked amazing! Plus I am a huge Leo Dicaprio fan. He looks great as always in the trailer.

Hunger Games: I anticipate a nomination for Woody Harrelson for supporting actor maybe. He was hilarious and superb, as always. But otherwise I don't think anyone will break through. Jeniffer Lawrence was really good in it but her performance was not as WOW as it was in A Winter's Bone or whatever that movie was called.

The Les Mis trailer looks good too, but I am not digging Anne Hathaway's singing voice for some reason. I love her acting and I like her alot-- but her voice is not strong enough for the lead role. It isjust ok-- nothing special. I think someone with a stronger voice should have been cast. Sorry. :( I just expect the BEST for Broadway shows turned into movies. Ie-- Emma Rosum was superb in Phantom, but she was already a professional singer.

J-Law's next oscar nom will most likely be for Serena, but I can see her maybe getting one for the last HG movie.
Becca

Grace_Of_God

your reviews make me chuckle cause one of my best friends said those exact things about Snow White and Rock of Ages. He specifically said the two ppl you mentioned in those movies were the standouts.

I really cant wait for christmas time!!!

I def agree with you for hunger games. Lawrence was strong but not enough to get her a nom. Id have to wait and see what other movies come out to see Woodys chances.

Im indifferent to Anne, but another one of me best friends HATES her singing voice. LOL I havent stopped hearing about it since the trailer came out.

So I still need to see Brave, Abraham Lincoln, Men in Black 3, and Seeking a Friend for the end of the world

bigbluegrl23

your reviews make me chuckle cause one of my best friends said those exact things about Snow White and Rock of Ages. He specifically said the two ppl you mentioned in those movies were the standouts.

I really cant wait for christmas time!!!

I def agree with you for hunger games. Lawrence was strong but not enough to get her a nom. Id have to wait and see what other movies come out to see Woodys chances.

Im indifferent to Anne, but another one of me best friends HATES her singing voice. LOL I havent stopped hearing about it since the trailer came out.

So I still need to see Brave, Abraham Lincoln, Men in Black 3, and Seeking a Friend for the end of the world

Brave was so stinking good. I loved it!
Becca

teesharky

I saw Men in Black 3 too. Not bad for the third movie in the series, but obviously not as good as the first one. lol But I love Will Smith so I always enjoy his movies (except for that one where he played the drunken superhero- yuck- lol).

teesharky

You guys are going to laugh at me- lol-- but I FINALLY watched Iron Lady last night with Meryl Streep, only 1 year late. lol I had tried to watch it during award season but I just wasn't in the mood for something that heavy at the time.

For whatever reason, seeing Carrie at 10 Downing Street changed my mind and peaked my interest. lol So I am glad I watched it as it was great. .....and Meryl was beyond superb, as always. She definitely earned that Oscar, even though I loved Viola Davis too.

Grace_Of_God

RIP to one of my favorite writers/directors Nora Ephron. an inspiration to all aspiring female writer/directors and one of my biggest inspirations

Grace_Of_God

Men in Black 3-I enjoyed it for it being the 3rd installment of a movie. Not bad at all

Brave-Better than both the Cars movies....not better than any other Pixar movie. I couldnt stop laughing throughout the movie because all I kept thinking was "Wow...you turned your mom into a bear and youre mocking her." or "wow, you know what I wish didnt happen. I wish my daughter didnt turn me into a bear.". I mean, it had its moments but overall it was just okay.

People Like Us- I wanted to like this movie so badly, but it wasnt a good script/plot. It made me uncomfortable in some parts and it was so slow and boring. I couldnt wait for it to be over.

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter-
I really enjoyed this. This is not a movie for everyone but it kept me into it the whole time. Just enough action and plot.

Moonrise Kingdom-
I LOVED this movie. A lot of people I dont feel will. It was def one of those "what was the point of it". But I enjoyed it so much. The actors are just great too, especially for kid/teen actors

Last edited:

teesharky

i finally saw Angelina Jolie's directorial debut, In the Land of Blood and Honey. I have to say-- I was impressed. No wonders she got a Golden Globe nom. The fact that she wrote the script is even more impressive to be honest.

sam_vzla

The Amazing Spiderman. I liked it, there's something about Toby Mcguaire that was awkward in a bad way in the previous movies and I didnt like those that much. Andrew is awkward but in a good way or at least it felt more real, like "this kid is awkward like me" lol. BUT is it normal that I wanted to see the more the non action parts of the movie? lol, I felt the action/fight scenes, were a little bit boring....And in general I thought there was going to be more Emma.

Funny how the director's last name is Webb.

BTW for those that are going to watch it, there's a scene after the credits start.

Grace_Of_God

^ lol I think thats where the previous series and this new one differs the most. This new movie is much more story and character driven. Which if thats what you like, it's fine. I thought it was a great approach. It made it more than a superhero movie, it had a real good story. And like I said, it was a great way to separate this version from the old one. I def think there will be more Emma in the sequel. Because this is more of the comic version of his love life. Gwen came before MJ. So I cant wait to see who they get to play MJ. Because no matter who it is, Ill probably be Anti-MJ cause im so Pro-Emma hahahah

sam_vzla

^ lol I think thats where the previous series and this new one differs the most. This new movie is much more story and character driven. Which if thats what you like, it's fine. I thought it was a great approach. It made it more than a superhero movie, it had a real good story. And like I said, it was a great way to separate this version from the old one. I def think there will be more Emma in the sequel. Because this is more of the comic version of his love life. Gwen came before MJ. So I cant wait to see who they get to play MJ. Because no matter who it is, Ill probably be Anti-MJ cause im so Pro-Emma hahahah

I thought it was great because normaly this kind of movie arent that good telling the story of the character, and this one does it and very well (I didnt know Sally Field and Martin Sheen were part of the movie, that was a great surprise too) And I like watching that but I think most of the people out there dont go to see this kind of movie because of the "story", but to watch action and fights, so I dont know if that approach will be well received by everyone.

bigbluegrl23

OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD. I'm freaking out!!!! TINA FEY AND MERYL STREEP ARE DOING A MOVIE TOGETHER!!! it's called Mommy and Me and it's going to be released May 2013. Tina's writing it and Stanley Tucci's directing it. Tina Fey is playing Meryl's daughter. I'm so freaking excited, I can't even contain myself haha! I love them both so much!
Becca