Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Award Season in 2013

Grace_Of_God

Even though award season is my favorite movie season...gotta appreciate the summer movie season. Movies that are entertaining and dont have to think too much about. Come at me Iron Man 3 this week. So many being released in the coming months!

teesharky

Leo DiCaprio for the win for Gatsby next award season! I hope he does not get snubbed again. I haven't seen it yet but the previews look great, and he has developed into such a great actor that it is a shame he gets no award show love. He deserved an Oscar nom for Django for supporting but got no love. Also ----I loved Oblivion and 42, though neither will win awards. I really loved the actor in 42 though. He deserved some love and Harrison Ford did great as the Team owner.

Grace_Of_God

^ while I am excited for Gatsby Im not expecting it to be very good. the reason it got pushed from its original Christmas 2012 release date is so it wouldnt be competing with award show season, since they know it isnt good enough to be nominated. i think it turned out not as good as they had hoped

i won't lie, while i havent seen Oblivion i truly do love a good Tom Cruise action film

Last edited:

AIgrl06

I think Leo's best shot will be for The Wolf of Wall Street. He's going back to Martin Scorsese, how can it not be amazing?

I'm going to see The Great Gatsby next weekend and I cannot wait. Like Hannah, I'm a bit skeptical, just because I think the brilliance of the novel is in Fitzgerald's writing and symbolism, rather than the actual events of the book, but I'm still looking forward to it. The soundtrack alone is enough to get me excited!

Grace_Of_God

^ i dont even know why im so excited to see Gatsby....Im on page 100 of the book...and have been for 5 months. Ive read 4 other books in that time lol i hate it but im really excited for the movie

(i tried to read it cause i was supposed to in high school but never did...then when i saw the trailer for the movie i was like gotta read it!)

AIgrl06

Lol, it's one of my favorite books, but even I can admit the plot drags on a bit. If you like the writing style you should read Fitzgerald's Tender is the Night next. I'm so hot and cold on Luhrman, though. I hope the movie doesn't disappoint!

Grace_Of_God

early reviews for Gatsby...not so good.

YIKES...when I woke up Gatsby had a 43% on RT...as I go to bed it has a 33%....10% drop in a day is not good...

Last edited:

AIgrl06

I saw Gatsby. Honestly, with the reviews it's gotten, I was expecting a lot worse. The first half of the film was quite camp and self-aware, but the second half was great. It's a Baz Luhrman film, I mean... Leo was brilliant as Gatsby, absolutely brilliant. I thought Tobey Maguire was horribly miscast and added nothing of interest to the film. The rest of the cast was fine but Leo was the clear standout. The music, costumes and art direction was fabulous and I can see this film cleaning up in tech nominations.

Grace_Of_God

^ haha im glad to hear you say that. I wanted someone elses opinion besides my roommate who hated it. and said Leo was the worst part of the movie (he very much hates Leo in any movie tho). I still want to see it soon. and Iron Man...ugh and star trek comes out next week. im so behind.

Grace_Of_God

Oh wow....I cant believe its taken me this long to watch "Finding Neverland". what an amazing movie.

Im making my way through all my roommates movies, they have like 300 and i have 38 left that I havent seen....finally watched Milk. Another great movie

yikes anyone see Gatsby yet? not hearing good things from my friends. My best friend just saw it and she usually loves Leo but she said she thinks he was terrible in this

Last edited:

AIgrl06

Guys, guys, guys. Check out the early reviews for the Coens' new film, Inside Llewyn Davis, about the New York folk scene in the 1960s. It stars Oscar Isaac (from Drive), Carey Mulligan, Justin Timberlake and John Goodman. I think I might've posted the trailer on here already but just in case, here it is again.

Inside Llewyn Davis Reviews - Metacritic

pklongbeach

Looks good. lOve the coens.

Unfortunately it is one of those movies I will love and my partner will hate.

I am a William H Macy type to his Steven Segal!!

Augh! (I'll have to try to slide it in on Netflix). Thanks for the heads-up.

AIgrl06

I know exactly what you mean. I showed the trailer to my sister and she was like, "Meh." She really wants to see The Purge, haha.

Grace_Of_God

^ im embarrassed to say I really want to see The Purge too hahhaa

And Ill be interested to see ILD cause I find, personally, that Coen Brothers movies are always hit or miss for me. But I love me some Mulligan.

AIgrl06

I hear you. I always find the Coens' movies to be well done, but not always great. A Serious Man, for example. But I thought I was going to absolutely hate True Grit (I put it off as long as possible) and I ended up loving it, hah.

The Purge... I'm very weird with horror movies. I like the idea of horror movies, but I almost never want to go see them. Ever. I saw the new Nightmare on Elm Street with Rooney Mara a couple of years ago and yeah, I'm just done.

Grace_Of_God

I hear you. I always find the Coens' movies to be well done, but not always great. A Serious Man, for example. But I thought I was going to absolutely hate True Grit (I put it off as long as possible) and I ended up loving it, hah.

The Purge... I'm very weird with horror movies. I like the idea of horror movies, but I almost never want to go see them. Ever. I saw the new Nightmare on Elm Street with Rooney Mara a couple of years ago and yeah, I'm just done.

I completely agree with your thoughts on those Coen movies

and haha. have you ever seen Poltergeist? thats by far the one movie that always gets to me.

Grace_Of_God

Whats the Purge??

I think the premise is that one day a year all crime is legal. So killing someone is okay and nothing will happen to you if you do it. And they make certain people targets so you want to try and kill them, its like a game. And this one super rich family always has their house on lockdown every year but they unknowingly let in one of the targets so everyone is trying to get into their house