Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Award Season in 2013

pklongbeach

I think the premise is that one day a year all crime is legal. So killing someone is okay and nothing will happen to you if you do it. And they make certain people targets so you want to try and kill them, its like a game. And this one super rich family always has their house on lockdown every year but they unknowingly let in one of the targets so everyone is trying to get into their house
God, that sounds awful.
The terrible ways in which writers are coming up with ideas to scare us is just ugly.

I used to love horror movies, but they have gone in this very meanspirited direction. I know that sounds somewhat odd, but I mean a movie like Poltergeist is scary with out being mean.

All the new torture movies are just mean and ugly.

AIgrl06

I've never seen Poltergeist, but obviously I've heard of it. I used to watch horror movies all the time when I was a kid; I think that's part of what soured me against them, haha. I just can't do 'em anymore.

teesharky

Anyone see Gatsby yet? I loved it! Don't care what some critics said about it being "bombastic" or "excess" over the top, etc. I feel like the parties are supposed to show "excess" as that was how the book was written.

It followed the book very closely and I loved it. I saw the old, Robert Redford version once in school, and I was bored to tears. It was so dry!
This version was "kickin" for lack of a better word. I wanted to jump in the screen and crash the parties. lol

Costumes were out of this world- definitely should get nominations. And the music was to die for-- fantastic modern twist on 1920s music. Loved it!

Leo was really strong, as always. Not necessarily Oscar winning strong-- but Golden Globe strong for sure. I hope he at least gets a Globe nomination as he earned it. But he gets snubbed alot so who knows. I think he is becoming a really strong actor.

Loved Tobey too, and he is not really my favorite actor normally, but he was good. Cary Mulligan was decent but nothing special.

teesharky

I've never seen Poltergeist, but obviously I've heard of it. I used to watch horror movies all the time when I was a kid; I think that's part of what soured me against them, haha. I just can't do 'em anymore.

ha ha I hear you. I do like horror movies but some can be a bit redundant. My brother used to count the different ways Jason killed people on Friday the 13th, for fun. lol

Poltergeist is good actually. More of a plot then the usual gore fest.

AIgrl06

I love Hitchcock, so I'm assuming I'd enjoy some of the older horror films that are less gory than the ridiculous films we get nowadays, lol. I actually thought Paranormal Activity was OK, and I attribute that in part to not being gore-filled and focusing more on the story itself.

I saw Gatsby, Tee! I didn't like the first half, but I thought the second half was great! I loved that they stayed so close to the events of the book. The costumes and some of the techs were definitely highlights that I'd like to see recognized during awards season. I thought Leo was great but I doubt he'll be noticed for this when he has a Scorsese film coming out later in the year.

teesharky

^ Agree. I prefer horror movies with some sort of plot- not just slasher movies. lol That is why I liked Woman in Black with Danielle Radcliffe. It was old school-- with an actual plot.

Agree Leo will be forgotten for this role by the time award season comes around as all the heavy hitters seem to be released in November and December. But I loved his performance in it and love seeing him get better and better with each role.

Grace_Of_God

id just like to go on record saying i shared the same air space as Anna Kendrick and it was quite possibly the greatest two seconds of my life

AIgrl06

And I would like to go on record saying that I hate you, Hannah, and your glamorous movie star lifestyle. Boo.

​Just kidding. Congrats and I'm super jealous of you!!!

bigbluegrl23

id just like to go on record saying i shared the same air space as Anna Kendrick and it was quite possibly the greatest two seconds of my life

I hate you. Btw does someone wanna make a 2014 awards thread. There's already a lot of future movies I wanna talk about haha. Also, anyone hear about the live action cinderella movie? Cate Blanchett AND Helena Bonham Carter? (DIES)
Becca

AIgrl06

^Directed by freaking Kenneth Branagh! Starring Lily James and Richard Madden (Downton Abbey & Game of Thrones FTW!!!) Yeah, I think I've heard of that...

I shall let Hannah start the new thread. ;)

Grace_Of_God

And I would like to go on record saying that I hate you, Hannah, and your glamorous movie star lifestyle. Boo.

​Just kidding. Congrats and I'm super jealous of you!!!

hahah thanks. I would die if I was working on The Last 5 Years. however...i just ran into her because of the show im working on i happened to be in the same vicinity as her, unknowingly to me until I actually saw her.