Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Award Season in 2014

sam_vzla

Now watching Jennifer Lawrence walk is like watching a baby taking their first steps, you dont know if they are going to fall or not

AIgrl06

McCounaughey!

Man, I really need to see Dallas Buyers Club, hah. Second most wins tonight, after Gravity? Probably tied with 12 Years a Slave.

AIgrl06

It was a fantastic season and ended on a beautiful and moving note. Steve McQueen jumping up and down... I almost lost it right there. 'Til next season!

Grace_Of_God

Even though I couldn't be here with you guys thank you so much for this season! There's been a lot going in my life so it was nice to come in here and get away for awhile. :)

teesharky

Wow what a night~! Lots of predictable wins- but really great nonetheless. I adored lupita's speech! So eloquent!

And go Cate Blanchett with her amazing funny speech about women in movies. haha

Then you gotta love Matthew McConohey. His speech was really beautiful too, and I love that he dared to thank God in that hollywood crowd. Good for him! (smile)

But I am mostly thrilled 12 Years a Slave won. Much deserved.

So Brad Pitt is finally an Oscar winner! haha Good for him.

My only sadness is that Leo and Sandra got slighted....but someone had to lose I guess. Leo really deserves to win an OScar at some point. I felt bad for him. But I really do think Matthew deserved it.

teesharky

It was a fantastic season and ended on a beautiful and moving note. Steve McQueen jumping up and down... I almost lost it right there. 'Til next season!

agree! Steve jumping around was so priceless and sweet! Loved it! And congrats to Brad Pitt for his first Oscar!

I almost lost it during matthew's speech too. So sincere.

AIgrl06

^That's legit, though. I mean, I get that Idina Menzel is not Tam Honks, but it's easier to pronounce than many of the nominees tonight, lol.

teesharky

^ lol Poor John Travolta. lol He never catches a break. Twitter is brutal to him now. lol

But "Poor Leo" trended worldwide. I think everyone really wants Leo to win an Oscar. Poor guy. Carrie can feel his pain though with all her snubs.

sur_crazy4carrie

I literally thought some woman named Adele Menzeena was going to perform Let it go.

Idina Menzel was very pitchy.
Pink was awesome as was Pharrell.

teesharky

^ Agree. That Idina lady was very pitchy. I loved Pink, U2, and Pharrell though.

Sadly, the Bette Midler song is a little bit boring to me, as I have never heard her sing any other song in her whole career but "wings beneath my wings." Great song, but doesn't she have other songs??? no offense. I am just so tired of that song.

AIgrl06

The last note of Let It Go was... painful.

I need to put this here. And it should also be on every subsequent page of this thread because it's so beautiful and amazing.

tumblr_n1ujxwuNKI1qdyz8lo1_500.gif

Credit: The Afrocentric One Named Deidree

sur_crazy4carrie

Best moments
Lupita's win
Matthew's speech
The guy with the shaky hand. very sincere
the pizza party
the impromptu photo session
Spike Jonze
and Steve McQueen

maddkat

Staff member
Pharrell's Happy was...happy
Pink destroyed OTR.Really bad.Of all the singers who could nail that song....
Idina Menzel seemed angry at the end of LIG ( which should have been in the first hour for all the little kids).Maybe she was made at John.Poor John Travolta.How could he be that wrong!
Not sure what to think of Bette's performance - she spoke/sang the song.:-(
Ellen's selfie - epic
Lupita's speech - wonderful ( although I was sad our hometown girl, JL, lost)

did it seem like the crowd was standing ovation happy? Everyone got one didn't they?

Congrats to all the winners last night.I didn't make it to the end but thats why we have dvrs and youtube.

on the fashion side - Sandra Bullock looked stunning, and so did Emma Watson :)