Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Award Season in 2016

sur_crazy4carrie

...as sad as it sounds, it feels to me a bit like the Elephant man where high society felt they were being compassionate by paying attention to something that was shocking and titillating them, when in fact they were really just paying attention to be shocked and titillated.

I don't know the material of 'The Elephant Man' but that got me intrigued. I love how you interpret things.

I've never thought that Tarantino goes overboard with violence. I always took it as being an essential part of his story telling style. When you say unbearable to watch do you mean you're grossed out or because you're so aware of its lack of necessity? I'm pretty desensitized to blood and guts. It has to go pretty far before I think it's too much. If he does anything with crushed bugs and the like, I'll be out in no time.

Grace_Of_God

Is it weird that on doctor shows and stuff I have to turn away from the tv but during a Tarantino movie I can watch it easily

sur_crazy4carrie

It is more jarring to see what happens on an operating table than people being slashed in a movie. I can't say that the former freaks me out but maybe it's the difference in scenario that makes it weird to watch. Saving a life vs. taking it; usually unexpected vs. half expecting weird stuff to happen.

I'm having trouble forming words today.

Grace_Of_God

Heres a super "fun" story about my life. Back in march i worked on a super shady movie production. It was terrible and a miserable experience. The on set Studio Teacher had no idea I was a lesbian and decided to strike up a conversation with me during lunch while I was fire watching. (Watching the set to be sure nothing was stolen while people were at lunch). Apparently the kid actor on the movie is raised by two woman. And he went on to say how much woman can't raise a child. Because a man is needed for the discipline and woman don't know how to do that. And he went on and on. Since I'm professional and didnt want to start an argument i simply just sat there and ate my lunch as he talked. Later I went to my second AD about my uneasy feeling about him. She went to the line producer and she's like "yeah i don't like him either and he's not on the approved studio teacher list". This production company was very cheap so Id assume thats why when they saw that they didnt immediately fire him like they should have. But looks like he's finally about to get his....

Studio Teacher Impostors on the Rise: Are Child Actors Safe? | Deadline

In other completely unrelated news-

Han Solo ?Star Wars? Spinoff With ?Lego Movie? Directors Set For May 2018 | Deadline

also had no idea Inside Out topped the box office this weekend- Fourth Of July Box Office: ?Inside Out? Wins Holiday Topping ?Jurassic World? | Deadline

stuffy

Heres a super "fun" story about my life. Back in march i worked on a super shady movie production. It was terrible and a miserable experience. The on set Studio Teacher had no idea I was a lesbian and decided to strike up a conversation with me during lunch while I was fire watching. (Watching the set to be sure nothing was stolen while people were at lunch). Apparently the kid actor on the movie is raised by two woman. And he went on to say how much woman can't raise a child. Because a man is needed for the discipline and woman don't know how to do that. And he went on and on. Since I'm professional and didnt want to start an argument i simply just sat there and ate my lunch as he talked. Later I went to my second AD about my uneasy feeling about him. She went to the line producer and she's like "yeah i don't like him either and he's not on the approved studio teacher list". This production company was very cheap so Id assume thats why when they saw that they didnt immediately fire him like they should have. But looks like he's finally about to get his....

Studio Teacher Impostors on the Rise: Are Child Actors Safe? | Deadline

I read that article yesterday and couldn't believe it. They're extremely lucky that guy didn't do more. I realize there's tons of stuff to worry about on a movie set especially a low budget or short film, but when dealing with kids checking credentials should be one of the first things done by production. Seems like it would actually be one of the easier steps.

I can't teach without central office having a copy of my certificate on file. They lost it one time and there was a moment of panic because I wasn't going to be able to start the school year or get paid without getting a new one. Turns out it was hidden in my file the whole time.

Also now you have to be fingerprinted to teach or be a substitute. I don't know what studio teachers have to do for their cards but hopefully it includes fingerprinting.

Grace_Of_God

^ the fact that people are hiring him and knew he wasn't on the statewide approved list is astounding to me. NO one on our movie liked him. Completely knew something like this was going to happen. As soon as i saw the title of the article i KNEW it was about him. On the last day he went to hug me and i like side stepped him. and then he was like come on hug me! and he hugged me anyways. He was so creepy.

its the productions job to hire people who have credentials. I can't believe none of these productions are checking/not caring about the safety one set. I also have no problem saying the movie I worked on was sh!tty lifetime movie and was super sketchy.

SAFETY should always be at the forefront. ALWAYS. After Sarah Jones safety should always be first in every aspect.

sur_crazy4carrie

That is creepy. Wouldn't a certified anything have an actual paper certificate that they should be able to show when requested? I'm appalled that people are willing to take someone's word for it especially when there are children involved. People scam their way into jobs all the time. Whoever is in charge of hiring people should take care to weed out the bad candidates. I don't think there's any excuse for being complacent when hiring people.

sur_crazy4carrie

The owners of Hello Kitty are going to make a movie (no word on whether animated, cgi, live action) and it's going to cost upto $240 million including marketing.

Grace_Of_God

^ i saw that article and I wanted to cry. can't someone just give me like $75,000 to make a movie...ughh

Also, Marisa Tomei is the new Aunt May in spiderman

Also, Im really disappointed in the Goosebumps trailer. While Goosebumps was aimed at kids it was also very frightening. Its clear this movie is a comedy and not scary at all. Not what I was expecting. Sigh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Cn716jv61s

dismokemi

Brrooklyn's trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15syDwC000k

This looks exactly how I expected it to. Glossy, pretty, romantic, overly emotional. With that said, it could be bigger than I originally thought. It is baity and seems to have enough critical acclaim to get Ronan in. Plus, this and Youth are pretty much all Fox Searchlight has this season and those two don't overlap in many potential categories.

Grace_Of_God

Comic con is overwhelming and there's no way I'm getting into any panel because people are already lining up the day before lol. I'll just walk around and enjoy the pretty.

Grace_Of_God

^ i thought i was mentally prepared but I totally was not haha. Like you think you know what you're getting yourself into but nope. I can't even properly describe it. And i don't feel bad about trying not to get into the Mockingjay panel cause Dormer wasn't there haha.

Comic con is like the super bowl. Its nice to experience once but better to watch it at home. Unless you're rich and can buy yourself a box seat.

sur_crazy4carrie

Yeah I always assumed that about the convention. If you've seen one, you've seen them all. But it must be nice to have that experience of being there even if you never intend to go back again. Favorite cosplay so far?

Grace_Of_God

Oh hands down the 3 guys as the back to the future 2 cosplay- Marty McFly, Doc Brown and Biff. Hover boards and all! Honorable mention to the three girls dressed as ghostbusters

Grace_Of_God

Comic Con Movie Video Round Up-

Mockingjay Part 2 Panel (nothing of value was really gained)-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k_1eMlQ0Co

Star Wars 7 Behind the Scenes Footage-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hzd_K5QdXQ

Batman v Superman New Trailer-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WWzgGyAH6Y

Suicide Squad Footage (low quality, not official so could be taken offline by the time you read this)-

Watch the ?Suicide Squad? Trailer from Comic-Con

Man From U.N.C.L.E trailer (its very Kingsman-y) -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_Ky4KPzKwY

Sneak Peak of Eli Roths new Horror Film, The Green Inferno-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p59-0EYm_U8

Tales of Halloween Trailer (reminds me of Trick o Treat)-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2tA1e8UAZ4

More-

-There was a mockingjay Trailer but it didnt make its way online
-There was a suicide squad trailer but it didnt make it online either
-Rumor has it Chris Pine has been offered two roles at DC either Wonder Womans love interest or Green Lantern (unconfirmed)
-Rumor is Colin Trevorrow will be directing a Star Wars film, which is why he's no longer attached to the Jurassic World Series.
-Pride And Prejudice And Zombies Premiered their trailer but hasnt come online yet
-Patient Zero (with my girl Natalie Dormer as lead) premiered their trailer as well and Im hoping it'll make its way online.
-Hateful 8 panel happening now. Showed 7 minutes of new footage
-god damnit. There was an xmen/dead pool panel! I should have stayed. Damnit. They showed trailers for both movies

Last edited:

pklongbeach

I don't know the material of 'The Elephant Man' but that got me intrigued. I love how you interpret things.

I've never thought that Tarantino goes overboard with violence. I always took it as being an essential part of his story telling style. When you say unbearable to watch do you mean you're grossed out or because you're so aware of its lack of necessity? I'm pretty desensitized to blood and guts. It has to go pretty far before I think it's too much. If he does anything with crushed bugs and the like, I'll be out in no time.
I haven't had time to visit this thread in a few days so I will go back to this subject just for a moment. What bothers me so much about his brand of violence is that it comes across "cruel" to me. Random violence in a horror movie doesn't bother me much cause it is part of the genre and it plays as fantasy. Its stylized and not meant to be anything but "scares". But the kind of violence that Terantino and Roth engage you in tends to be about making and watching people suffer. And that is going to have to be for a very specific reason I you want me to engage in it. In something like The Deer Hunter, its very difficult to watch but is very much a part of the story that needs to be told. Same with something like Saving Private Ryan or Schindlers List. But Terentino does it for different reasons. He seems to want to shock you just for the purpose of shocking you. It has very little to do with any story being told. And says little about the character. I would suggest Resevour Dogs is probably the only one where the violence matched the story telling closely enough that it made sense. Generally, after that, it just became a device. And I don't like it. Its unneccesary in good story telling. I think of The Exorcist which many would argue is nothing but graphic violence for no reason. But in fact is that violence that is the single point to the film and it must be extreme or the point is not made, that point being; "the devil wants us to despise our selves so badly, and see our bodies as so ugly and putrid, that we will be convinced that God can not love us. And then the devil wins". That point is so important that you have to be able to make this innocent little pure child into something completely disgusting. And so the director had to go very very far to set that into the minds of the audience. And thereby it was not gratuitous at all. It was paramount to the plot of the story.
So when I say its unbearable I mean I don't wish to spend my evening watching people suffer unneccesarly. Its just not my thing. If it is an engaging story and its a hard story to tell, I can understand that. But I take all Saw movies and Hostel movies and "basically all" tarentino movies to be unwatchable. They are sad gross despicable situations that have no story to tell.

Again, remember I began this discussion saying I am frustrated by it cause I do know he is a very good movie maker and story teller.

sur_crazy4carrie

I'd love to talk more about Tarantino and I'll get to it in a few hours.

watching Wimbledon right now and I'm loving seeing some very familiar faces in the crowd, latest one Kate Winslet