Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Award Season in 2016

teesharky

PS- I am so engrossed in the Olympics that I am behind on alot of stuff. But the Olympics are amazing this time!

Grace_Of_God

I haven't watched it regularly but I've seen a few episodes of Mom from each of its seasons and (it's the best compliment I can give it) Mom has become to good for the incredibly low bar I use to judge Chuck Lorre shows. Compared to where it started, it's gotten so much better to the point where it might (might) just be able to hold its own against some of the really good shows out there. Sure, its comedy can be broad and the supporting characters can sometimes be typical Lorre players, existing for the punchline but the combo of Janney and Faris together with the more and more frequent sharp writing makes it worth trying IMO. Still, the laugh track kills the mood of any modern sitcom for me and Mom is no exception.

Ugh the laugh tracks kill me on multicam. thats probably me biggest issue with them. They aren't usually my fav type of show (I only watch 2 Broke Girls out of loyalty for Kat) but Im thinking about giving Mom a try. Once the olympics are over, and I've caught up on blood line and watched the get down and the little prince and a million other things.

Grace_Of_God

Sur, I didn't post it yet cause I was too busy crying of happiness after the women's gymnastics all around LOL

Last edited:

Grace_Of_God

Sur just so you know, I'm trying sooooo hard to hold off til after the Emmys to make a new awards thread hahahaa

Opinions on the pilot episode of The Get Down- the first half of the episode is a complete f%cking mess. It's so confusing with a million characters and storylines and it's VERY Baz style if you know what I mean. The second half of the episode is much better. They work out the pacing with the storylines better and slowly you're able to digest the million characters you've just been introduced to. So I'll stick with it to see where it goes

Last edited:

sur_crazy4carrie

^Haha. Thanks for the thought. I just think ending on an awards show is a nice way to retire a thread. Plus it's fun to kind of give a thread the chance to be as long as it could be and then try to beat it with the next one. I think we did that in spades this year. You can make a new one if you want. We could find some other way to put a capper on this thread.

Allied teaser trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NSJ12-7Ulo

Marion looks so good yas. Let's fraud your way into a supporting actress nom, queen! (not really)

So this is like Mr and Mrs. Smith with Nazis...

AIgrl06

Oh Allied looks really good! I love Marion in period roles.

I just started watching Outlander and I love it, lol. Anyone here watch?

sam_vzla

So this is like Mr and Mrs. Smith with Nazis...

I read this before watching the trailer and it was all I could think about while watching it haha. But yes, it looks like.

Hahahaaha. So accurate... Jolie better watch out, we know how that ended for Aniston

Well, the sexual chemistry between Pitt and Jolie was beyond normal. I think I ended up horny after watching Mr and Mrs Smith.

sur_crazy4carrie

^Slightly TMI Sam.

I somehow thought you were already watching Outlander Katie. I binged the first season and saw the second season as it was airing.

It's almost 7 in the morning and I'm watching The Artist on HBO.

teesharky

^ Allied looks amazing. Is Brad playing an American spy with Marion as his spy wife? I saw a bit of it in the theaters when I went to watch Jason Bourne today. haha I missed part of the trailer but loved it.

PS-- the Jason Bourne film was great as expected. Matt Damon really nails this role every time.

AIgrl06

^Slightly TMI Sam.

I somehow thought you were already watching Outlander Katie. I binged the first season and saw the second season as it was airing.

It's almost 7 in the morning and I'm watching The Artist on HBO.

The Artist. <3

I've read the first two books and was going to wait until I was further along to pick up the series, but now my friend got obsessed so she's making me watch it, ahaha. I thought the first episode was pretty great. I really like Caitriona Balfe.

dismokemi

^^ ikr. Except for the few times I went to the theater, I haven't seen anything on my own will lately. When it's work, you just can't enjoy it.

Grace_Of_God

^Would you care to share your list?

Haha of course I share. Now mind you the ones that aren't well known are just random movies that based on their synopsis sounded interesting to me haha-

- Jane Got a Gun
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
- SouthBound
- The Club
- Zoolander 2
- Glassland
- Race
- Knight of Cups
- Me Him Her
- Allegiant
- The Program
- The Bronze