Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Award Season in 2016

stuffy

I've seen 11. All but two through Netflix during my summer break.

I rarely see any of the big nominees during awards season unless they're documentaries on Netflix or popular movies like The Martian was.

dismokemi

Our Little Sister (2015). I loved it so much. Beautiful, sincere, heartwarming tale of sisterhood. This movie does have any big reveal or dramatic scene. It does not need that; it's the little things that matter: their fighting over wearing each other's clothes, helping each other fight the spider in the bathroom, picking plums from the tree that their grandfather planted the day their mother was born, racing to the train station, lighting fireworks together. Surely, their world is not perfect. There are heartbreaks, old hurts, difficult decisions, and the uncertainty of life and certainty of death. But above all, they have each other. Their bond shines throughout the film. I love the last scene where the little sister moved out of screen and the camera focused on the three older sisters. It's a little reflection, where the three older sisters finally let go of their old hurts. And then the little sister rejoined her sisters and together they walked away. It's so, so beautiful.

And the scenery is just too gorgeous. Makes me want to visit Japan someday so badly.

The whole cast is wonderful. One of the best, if not the best, ensemble casts in a 2015 film. And damn if I'm not a little in love with Haruka Ayase.

Last edited:

AIgrl06

Oh wait how did I miss the full Arrival trailer? I cannot wait for this film. It looks like they're selling it as a thriller, but the story is actually much more complex and philosophical and I am soo excited for it.

Also... did everyone else see that the sh*t has hit the actual fan with Birth of a Nation? I think we can scratch that one off of the list of films to see.

dismokemi

^ I have known his history since Sundance and been waiting for it to come out. His and his friend's responses are just... They can rot.

I'm cynical enough to think this is getting out there now so it will be under control by the time the awards season is in full force. As for the film's awards chance, I'm not writing it off yet. But I do think it is not a sure bet anymore and its awards chance will now depend a lot on its box office performance when it will go wide in October.

AIgrl06

You know, I thought that too when I was first reading about it earlier today. Sexual assault and rape are so swept under the rug in society and the victim is so often blamed, that I could totally see nobody caring about it 'cause he was acquitted. But when I saw that the victim committed suicide... I just have to believe that this movie is over.

Screw both of them and their movie. It's sad because Nat Turner's story is an incredible one. It deserves better.

sur_crazy4carrie

*runs back from google*

Okay so there's absolutely no way I'm watching this film now. Wait, am I correct in my understanding that the writer of the film is the accomplice? SMITE!!!

sam_vzla

I wouldn't count the movie out just yet. I mean, Roman Polanski anyone?

I didn't know about this movie until now and it sounds good, but that story about the director and writer, just wow...

AIgrl06

I also don't believe Roman Polanski would win an Oscar in 2016. Social media makes the general public much more aware, and the backlash those actors got for defending Polanski what, five years ago, was pretty strong if I remember correctly. Flash forward to 2016 where Tumblr exists? Nah, I don't think he'd win.

sur_crazy4carrie

Public Service Announcement: There's a channel on YT that's uploaded Hamilton videos in pretty good quality, and with the original cast. So if any of you guys are financially and/or geographically constrained to watch the show live, head on over there before it gets taken down.

stuffy

I also don't believe Roman Polanski would win an Oscar in 2016. Social media makes the general public much more aware, and the backlash those actors got for defending Polanski what, five years ago, was pretty strong if I remember correctly. Flash forward to 2016 where Tumblr exists? Nah, I don't think he'd win.
He'd still get nominated though. Woody Allen grosses me out, but young female actresses are still lining up to work with him. He's still celebrated and getting nominations. Even if you don't believe he molested his child, he still married his partner's adopted daughter. He'd known her since she was a child. That's messed up and add to that his paternal comment he made about her just this year.

Grace_Of_God

Public Service Announcement: There's a channel on YT that's uploaded Hamilton videos in pretty good quality, and with the original cast. So if any of you guys are financially and/or geographically constrained to watch the show live, head on over there before it gets taken down.

So tempting. But I'll try and hold off til whenever they decide to show the one they filmed in Lins final week

sur_crazy4carrie

^I think it's going to be a long time before we see that, if it's going to be released at all. From a business pov, they wouldn't put that footage out before the show has run its course. I think they filmed it primarily because preserving the original cast's performance on tape is apparently a thing that happens.

teesharky

This is such amazing news! Really happy that American Idol is fINALLY getting some Emmy love as it has been snubbed for so many years. I actually think that Ryan Seacrest might finally win Host this year too.

Television Academy ‏@TelevisionAcad
19h19 hours ago

Academy news: @AmericanIdol will receive 2016 Governors Award in recognition of its impact http://www.emmys.com/news/press-releases/american-idol-receive-2016-governors-award …

American Idol, FremantleMedia NA, FremantleMedia HQ and FOX

CqPn-GCUsAENz4t.jpg

Grace_Of_God

^I think it's going to be a long time before we see that, if it's going to be released at all. From a business pov, they wouldn't put that footage out before the show has run its course. I think they filmed it primarily because preserving the original cast's performance on tape is apparently a thing that happens.

I'll wait! Also cause Hamilton comes to LA next year and I'm hoping to see it anyways. I really want to experience it first hand. Everyone I know who saw it in person said they cried multiple times because it's so inspirational. I gots to see that