Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Award Season in 2016

Grace_Of_God

^ I can't talk about this match.
I'm sure I've woken up everyone in my apartment complex with my combine screaming and cheering.

sam_vzla

I'd love to talk more about Tarantino and I'll get to it in a few hours.

watching Wimbledon right now and I'm loving seeing some very familiar faces in the crowd, latest one Kate Winslet

I dont know if my ESPN signal is the same as yours, but right now at the end of the last set they kept showing a guy crossing his fingers, and some other guy reacting to the result of the point. I mean they were showing them inmediately after the point ended and didnt show Federer or Djokovic face. It was annoying.

sam_vzla

BTW Garbiñe Muguruza, who played yesterday against Serena, was born in Venezuela. Very proud that she got to the finals and did a gret job, everyone was expecting a massacre, I hate to read a venezuelan or hispanic talking s**t about someone that is somehow related to you and prasing to death the other one like f*cker,what do you have in common with Serena Williams? I mean, in any other situation Serena is one of my choices but I hated to read some of the things in Twitter yesterday

sur_crazy4carrie

Oh yeah they showed the finger crossed guy... A fair few times actually.

There was quite a differential in the crowd response to Federer and Djokovic. I guess it's because Federer has been around in the mainstream longer but my dad says it's because he's a good guy. Djokovic seems like a pretty great guy too. He was so gracious about his loss to Wawrinka at the last tournament.

Now back to Tarantino, as I said, I rarely think that the violence in his films is gratuitous. I think I've seen every major film he's done except Kill Bill 2 (is there a 3?) and funnily enough, Reservoir Dogs actually stands out to me as being slightly gratuitous. Django Unchained is the worst offender in that respect and subconsciously, that might one of the reasons why it's the Tarantino film I've revisited the least. The most violent scene in Pulp Fiction has to be the rape and the subsequent punishment but it's hard not to feel a certain sense of gratification in that scene. I unabashedly love everything about Inglourious Basterds. If Tarantino has developed a flair for unnecessary violence that doesn't contribute to the story, I've only started noticing very recently i.e. with his last film. Hopefully, The Hateful Eight is more purposeful in the violence aspect.

Grace_Of_God

Man that match started at 6 am for me. I had to go back to sleep right after that haha

BTW Garbiñe Muguruza, who played yesterday against Serena, was born in Venezuela. Very proud that she got to the finals and did a gret job, everyone was expecting a massacre, I hate to read a venezuelan or hispanic talking s**t about someone that is somehow related to you and prasing to death the other one like f*cker,what do you have in common with Serena Williams? I mean, in any other situation Serena is one of my choices but I hated to read some of the things in Twitter yesterday

Awe your girl did great yesterday, she's young and should be very proud. that wimbledon crowd gave her the ovation she deserved at the end. I was expecting her to bagel out both sets or maybe just get one. I hadn't seen any of her other matches however. I usually root for Maria with Serena as a strong second, but with Serena winning the French Ive been pulling for her since because Id like to see a calendar grand slam in my lifetime. And since up and coming american tennis players basically suck, I have a feeling I'm going to have to hold on to Serenas wins for a long time haha. Come on US Open!

There was quite a differential in the crowd response to Federer and Djokovic. I guess it's because Federer has been around in the mainstream longer but my dad says it's because he's a good guy. Djokovic seems like a pretty great guy too. He was so gracious about his loss to Wawrinka at the last tournament.

Now back to Tarantino, as I said, I rarely think that the violence in his films is gratuitous. I think I've seen every major film he's done except Kill Bill 2 (is there a 3?) and funnily enough, Reservoir Dogs actually stands out to me as being slightly gratuitous. Django Unchained is the worst offender in that respect and subconsciously, that might one of the reasons why it's the Tarantino film I've revisited the least. The most violent scene in Pulp Fiction has to be the rape and the subsequent punishment but it's hard not to feel a certain sense of gratification in that scene. I unabashedly love everything about Inglourious Basterds. If Tarantino has developed a flair for unnecessary violence that doesn't contribute to the story, I've only started noticing very recently i.e. with his last film. Hopefully, The Hateful Eight is more purposeful in the violence aspect.

I think Novak is more liked on tour now than he used to be, but the players used to not like him. Nadal and Federer spoke early in his career about how they didnt care for him. Im not his biggest fan either but he's matured at least, not as much as I had hoped but he has. It also didnt help his image of him making the ball girl cry last week when he yelled at her. I don't care how angry you are, I don't condone yelling at the ball kids for any reason. Take your anger out on your racket or to your box, not the innocent kids that happen to be giving you your towel. But he is certainly a good tennis player. That can't be taken away from him. However, Nadal is my favorite on the mens game and this year has been breaking my heart. : ( Can we also just say, that I think Federer is a robot, some sort of AI, or alien. He never looks tired or out of breathe or barely breaks a sweat. He's not a human.

On the Tarantino front, Ive shied away from this convo due to the fact Tarantino it one of my favorite directors. I LOVE Inglorious Basterds. (btw Sur there isn't a Kill Bill 3 YET but he says Uma always calls him about it and its not off the table. it was always meant to be a trilogy). I think the Kill Bill movies are fine with violence for story, same with Inglorious and Jackie Brown, and so is Reservoir Dogs as stated already in this thread. I haven't seen Pulp Fiction in FOREVER, so I can't really comment on that. As far as the violence in Django, I mean, as far as the violence not adding to the story I do agree to an extent but i thought it was more done for the cinematography of it all. I mean, take away the context and its quite beautifully filmed and visually stunning. I think he was trying to be more visual with that movie as far as making a piece of art instead of story. One can tell he was trying to do something different. Im very excited for Hateful Eight, I feel everyone of his movies is an adventure when going into the theater. I don't really think Im getting my point across but I digress haha

But then again, I also think Saw is one of the greatest horror series of all times. But I also can't sit through Hostel *shrug*

Ironically, Im watching Alias right now, and Tarantino is in this episode haha.

Last edited:

teesharky

I finally saw Jurassic World today! Loved it! I know it is not high on any critic's list or award show hunt, but for a good old fashioned Summer blockbuster =- it rocked.

It is so refreshing to watch an enjoyable movie once in awhile that actually does well at the box office, instead of all the emo dark/depressing films we are forced to watch for AWard shows. haha

Heaven forbid that a movie should actually be entertaining for once. haha

Sorry-- sometimes I am still bitter with critics and award shows for snubbing some of my favorites-- ie- Harry Potter, Star Wars, etc. It does feel like they hate when a movie is actually commercially successful or actually makes you laugh/feel happy after. (smile)

sur_crazy4carrie

It also didnt help his image of him making the ball girl cry last week when he yelled at her. I don't care how angry you are, I don't condone yelling at the ball kids for any reason. Take your anger out on your racket or to your box, not the innocent kids that happen to be giving you your towel.

Yeah he needs to keep it cool. This isn't first time it's happened either. It's difficult to understand the kind of pressure these players are under, especially when they play for hours at a time. I'm always willing to give athletes the benefit of the doubt. But you're right it doesn't make him more likable compared to other world class players with cooler heads.

Grace_Of_God

Brrooklyn's trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15syDwC000k

This looks exactly how I expected it to. Glossy, pretty, romantic, overly emotional. With that said, it could be bigger than I originally thought. It is baity and seems to have enough critical acclaim to get Ronan in. Plus, this and Youth are pretty much all Fox Searchlight has this season and those two don't overlap in many potential categories.

I somehow missed this in all the hubbub of Comic Con. Thanks for posting.

I completely agree that its VERY bait-y for Ronan. Its funny, after doing this for a few years how easily we can pick out the award pandering movies. Now that I pay attention I can even see it in their trailers haha. Not that I enjoy movies any less because of that but its just interesting.

sur_crazy4carrie

I watched the DC panel at ComicCon yesterday, where David Ayer talked in bro speech and brought out the cast before the Batman v. Superman cast came. My first reaction was 'god I hate this, stop talking'. He's directed and written some good movies which at least gives me hope for The Suicide Squad. When he introduced the cast, I immediately had to think 'they dragged Viola Davis into this?'. It's not even that I didn't know that she was in it but for some reason my first instinct is to trash talk DC films lol.

Wait a second, did they say assembling a task force of villains gives you instant deniability if they go rogue? I don't think that's how that works. I'm definitely not sold on Leto's Joker and those tattoos are like being punched in the face and told that he's a f*cked up individual.

teesharky

^ bring a sleeping bag if you want to get in a good panel. And a jacket, it gets cold outside in San Diego haha

Jennifer Lawrence casting news-

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jennaguillaume/jennifer-lawrence-to-star-in-movie-version-of-rosie-project

haha tx! I will remember that! It sounds like a great experience. I doubt I would dress in costume, but I would love to go there to check everything out.

Cool to hear of new Jlaw films now that Hunger Games is about to wrap up.

teesharky

Here is the trailer for that Everest movie I mentioned with JAke G. and Keira Knightly. Looks good. I just finished reading the book. Loved it.

bing.com/videos
th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnaopfyC-Qk

Everest Official International Trailer #1 (2015) - Jake ...2:37YouTube · 449,000+ views
See more videos of everest movie 2015 trailer

Grace_Of_God

^^ OH MY GOD. I didnt want to say anything but I couldn't STAND the director. I totally wanted him to stop talking as well. Im like "this guy seems like a tool." and "THIS guy?! THIS is who they hired to direct it?!"

The basic thing is that the police are bad cops. So i don't think theyre openly saying they hired the squad or not haha. idk i don't actually know the storyline. Which is probably why they didnt want to release this to the general public. it was just kind of to get you a first look at the characters and not an actual trailer

that being said. I think it looks 10 times better than batman v superman

sur_crazy4carrie

The police employing the suicide squad are corrupt? Well, that makes it more interesting. Viola Davis playing a baddie should be good.
Does it turn into a story of how the group of villains find out that they are standing on a moral high ground compared to the people that hired them?

Grace_Of_God

^ CORRUPT! you know i sat here forever trying to think of that word when typing my original reply and couldn't think of it. hahaha so i put "bad cops". and i honestly don't know