Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Award Season in 2016

Grace_Of_God

Alright everyone. Im between gigs so that means I have too much time on my hands and I could no longer pro-long this new thread. Between Inside Out and the release of a couple possible award movie trailers, award season is about to kick off. This isn't the earliest thread though, I started 2014 thread in June. So at least I had a tad more patience this time around. As far as the 2015 Emmys go well talk about those in the other thread

Remember, All movies listed will probably be altered once the predictions become more clear. Some may disappear from the list while others will be added throughout the next few months.

Golden Globes-
OVER

Critics Choice Awards-
OVER

PGA Awards-
OVER

Screen Actors Guild Awards-
OVER

DGA Awards-
OVER

WGA Awards-
OVER

BAFTAS-
OVER

The Academy Awards-
Award Show- February 28th

Contenders (Bold means I have seen the movie, * means its available)-

-Ex-Machina- On DVD *
-Mad Max Fury Road- On DVD *
-Inside Out- On DVD *
-The Martian- On DVD *
-Shaun the Sheep Movie- In Theaters *
-Steve Jobs- In Theaters*
-Bridge of Spies- In Theaters *
-Room- In Theaters (Limited) *
-Brooklyn- In Theaters (limited) *
-Spotlight- In Theaters*
-Trumbo- In Theaters*
-The Danish Girl- In Theaters (limited)*
-Carol- In Theaters (limited) *
-Creed- In Theaters *
-The Big Short- In Theaters *
-Joy- In Theaters*
-The Revenant- In Theaters (limited) *
-The Hateful Eight- In Theaters (limited)*
-Anomalisa- In Theaters (limited) *
-45 Years
-The Boy and the World
-​When Marnie Was There*
-Straight Outta Compton*
-Amy
-What Happened, Miss Simone?
-Cartel Land
-The Look of Silence
-Winter on Fire

In a post below I will list the trailers that are out for movies already.

Oscar Predictions - 2016 Oscar Predictions | Indiewire

Last edited:

Grace_Of_God

Last edited:

Grace_Of_God

^ yeah with ALL the Disney movies out there those were really low on my list of ones I wanted made into live action.....but with Tim Burton at the helm of Dumbo and PTA with Pinochio....it's all going to be very weird hahaha

Grace_Of_God

Minions- it was cute and fun. And I laughed a good amount of times so better than I was expecting. But. Nothing ground breaking. Which in a year with inside out, groundbreaking it what someone needs to win in animated. and the ending is obviously how'd you expect it to end

pklongbeach

The Music Man - Its a must for me every 4th of July and most of you are too young to remember but an impact the Broadway show, the music, and the film all had on pop culture at the time.
Great concept of a movie musical to film it as if it is on stage but still plays like a film at the same time. The color palate is so perfectly created and costumes and "period" are all nailed beautifully, again when you remember that it is intended to look like stage sets!
Really well done, and again I just love the idea of The Big shiny brass band coming down the street in the hearts of the townfolk when infact it is just their children playing poorly in ill-fitted uniforms.

I choke up everytime...! Summer Movie series continues......

(its probably sufficient to say after reading this that I wont be including "Pulp Fiction"! ha ha ha..... I am one of a few that believes that Terentino goes too far intentionally I just don't wish to be shocked just for the sake of him thinking he can shock me...... no thanks. Very talented guy..... but just not my style at all......)

sam_vzla

The Music Man - Its a must for me every 4th of July and most of you are too young to remember but an impact the Broadway show, the music, and the film all had on pop culture at the time.
Great concept of a movie musical to film it as if it is on stage but still plays like a film at the same time. The color palate is so perfectly created and costumes and "period" are all nailed beautifully, again when you remember that it is intended to look like stage sets!
Really well done, and again I just love the idea of The Big shiny brass band coming down the street in the hearts of the townfolk when infact it is just their children playing poorly in ill-fitted uniforms.

I choke up everytime...! Summer Movie series continues......

(its probably sufficient to say after reading this that I wont be including "Pulp Fiction"! ha ha ha..... I am one of a few that believes that Terentino goes too far intentionally I just don't wish to be shocked just for the sake of him thinking he can shock me...... no thanks. Very talented guy..... but just not my style at all......)

But about Tarantino you dont like the explicit of some scenes (like the blood, violence and things like that) or what? Pulp Fiction has some amazing dialogues too. Inglourious Basterds is one of my favorites movies of all time. I won't say give it a try because it is Tarantino to his core haha

teesharky

^ tx for starting a new thread! YAY! Award season is officially on the move! haha I have to admit, I have only heard of about 5 movies on your list, so that terrifies me. I guess I have alot of movies to watch. lol

Guys-- did you hear that Neve Campbell is joining House of Cards as a series regular? So stoked about that. I always liked her.

Also-- has anyone watched that new HBO show "The Brink" with Jack Black? haha It is pretty absurd, but funny. It is like a satire or a spoof on Homeland and 24. Instead of amazing hero agents, you have incompetent losers and trigger happy Defense department aholes, idiot President, and stoned pilots. Overall, I find it hilarious.

Everyone is mocked equally though- no worries. Americans are mocked as much as other nations. lol

sur_crazy4carrie

Guys, we thought we could keep the TV talk in the other thread and focus on movies here. The Emmys are in 2 months so we thought we could close out the 2015 thread with that. Some people have also asked about a separate TV thread before and we might have a lot to talk about when the Emmy nominations come, so maybe it'll be good to keep them separated for now.
http://www.carriefans.com/forums/movies/159057-award-season-2015-a-153.html

As for The Music Man, why did I ever think that it had anything to do with Elton John? Isn't this NBC's new live show?

pklongbeach

ha ha ha ha, I have no idea how you combined E.John with The Music Man, Funny though. And yes, I do think it is their next show. I will like it purely based on the subject matter. But I am afraid it will be virtually impossible to find another Harold Hill. Robert Preston embodied the character on stage and then reenacted it on film. So you basically have only one guy capable of it. Kind of like Kermit. Once the real guy is gone, so is the magic.

Another is Tim Curry and Frank N. Furter. It really just cant be done.

pklongbeach

But about Tarantino you dont like the explicit of some scenes (like the blood, violence and things like that) or what? Pulp Fiction has some amazing dialogues too. Inglourious Basterds is one of my favorites movies of all time. I won't say give it a try because it is Tarantino to his core haha
Yes, its a real problem for me because I do understand just how good the story telling is. "BUT" much like with Tim Burton, I feel like he has to put this "Stamp" on his work and it starts to feel forced instead of someone like John Ford or Stanley Kubrick whos style and look came out of them rather naturally. Speilberg was another who had the ability to put a stamp on things but still kept them feeling like independent pieces.

Tarantino, I just feel, goes too far in giving his fans what "he wants" which is this signature gore and violence and "shock". There are many directors who have employed this device in the past and as they grew as artists realized that shock value is a bit of a "cheat"! And he goes so far with it, I find it unbearable to watch. Much like a Roth movie, it becomes about watching people suffer, and has nothing to do with story telling. Sorry.

pklongbeach

...as sad as it sounds, it feels to me a bit like the Elephant man where high society felt they were being compassionate by paying attention to something that was shocking and titillating them, when in fact they were really just paying attention to be shocked and titillated.

teesharky

Confused. We always merged TV and Movies before since the Golden Globes honor both. But no worries.

Grace_Of_God

Haha we can talk about whatever. If TV talk ends up here it ends up here. We were going to try and talk about TV up until the Emmys in September in the 2015 thread. Where ever it's ends up eh hahaha

sur_crazy4carrie

It's just that if we kept TV talk in the old thread we could close out the 2015 TV season there. It just made sense to me to do that rather than unceremoniously retiring our best award season thread yet. Not imposing strict rules or anything.