Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Award Season in 2017

sur_crazy4carrie

At long last this thread is going past the 100 page mark. To celebrate it, here's some news.

Lucasfilms has fired Phil Lord and Chris Miller as directors of the Han Solo film with basically only a few weeks of production remaining. Apparently the studio execs did not like the way that they were working and as we all know, the studio interfering into a director's process is always great. Just ask Joss Whedon.

Grace_Of_God

^ wait were they already shooting?????

And re: the shadow comment. First I think his personality is nothing like the book. I loved shadow in the book. In the tv shows he's a cocky a$$hole, and I don't think he's a great actor. I googled him and he was an athlete for most of his life. I think his lack of experience kind of shows. Ian Mcshane is bomb tho. Love him. And I like glover as mr.world a lot. Omg those no faced people in the season finale...scared the crap out of me

sur_crazy4carrie

That's what I understood that they had been shooting since January. There was that cast photo that was released a few months ago and also Woody Harrelson talked about filming it when he was on the Graham Norton show the other week.

We only know Shadow through his internal monologue in the book. That makes it a lot easier to understand him than looking from the outside. It's definitely been hard to figure him out but the way he is doesn't clash too much with my original idea of him. At roughly the same point in the books, Shadow was still trying to understand what the hell was going on. The House on the rock is when he kind of really comes on board with the group. Now that's been achieved on the show when he declared his faith to Wednesday. House on the rock was supposed to be the original season finale but it's been pushed to the second season premiere.

I was confused by the faceless guys and that only grew when they randomly started dancing.

Grace_Of_God

^ oh my goooood. crazy!

random question. I honestly can't remember but in AG book, does his time in the town where its all snowy and stuff happen after house on rock or was it before and they cut it in the tv show? or am i completely thinking of a different book LOL

twaintrain

You guys, my childhood best friend wrote a book and now it's being made into a movie! Joel Edgerton wrote the screenplay and will star alongside Lucas Hedges, Russell Crowe, and Nicole Kidman! I'm now one degree of separation from Nicole Kidman! Lucas will play my friend and Russell and Nicole will play his parents. His mom has to be freaking out!

sur_crazy4carrie

House on the rock is before he lives in the snowy town. You're not confusing it with another book.

You guys, my childhood best friend wrote a book and now it's being made into a movie! Joel Edgerton wrote the screenplay and will star alongside Lucas Hedges, Russell Crowe, and Nicole Kidman! I'm now one degree of separation from Nicole Kidman! Lucas will play my friend and Russell and Nicole will play his parents. His mom has to be freaking out!

That is awesome. 'Boy erased' by Garrard Conley right? I haven't seen a movie tackle the subject yet. I'll make sure to check it out. Congrats to your friend.

twaintrain

^Yeah, that's it. His book takes place after he left my hometown so I will not be portrayed in the movie, unless they added childhood stuff not in the book. It is so crazy to think we used to write movies and act them out as kids and he actually went on to do for real. And I'm an accountant - yay! Lol

twaintrain

At long last this thread is going past the 100 page mark. To celebrate it, here's some news.

Lucasfilms has fired Phil Lord and Chris Miller as directors of the Han Solo film with basically only a few weeks of production remaining. Apparently the studio execs did not like the way that they were working and as we all know, the studio interfering into a director's process is always great. Just ask Joss Whedon.

Just saw where Ron Howard is now directing.

teesharky

How awesome is this? Carrie made the Hollywood Walk of Fame in a really strong class this year. Ie- Kirsten Dunst, Shonda Rhimes, Mary J Blige, Snoop Dog, etc. Love this!

DC9aVp5WAAA2NJL.jpg

stuffy

This men's comedy round table is ridiculous. They've moved from farting to "ball smoke" on stage and now back to a farting. If you're confused, the "ball smoke" came from using talcum powder then having to raise their leg on stage.

Grace_Of_God

Finally watched Get Out. I enjoyed it. I don't think it's the best movie ever like everyone else I come in contact with does. Def had some flaws but overall good

sur_crazy4carrie

I finally finished the first season of 'The Handmaid's Tale'. It's a really awesome show. Gripping, brutal and definitely makes you reflect on real life. I had never considered Yvonne Strahovski a great actress but she's incredible as Serena Joy. I want to see her character explored a lot more as the woman who was essentially imprisoned by the rules she wrote. Elizabeth Moss is awesome as always. In fact, most of the cast is just pitch perfect.

Grace_Of_God

^ I've been in love with Yvonne since Dexter. It was such a delightful surprise when I found out she was in the show while I watched the first episode. Also Alexis has been upped to a series regular for next season so I'm STOKED to see where that goes.

sur_crazy4carrie

^Dexter is what made me apprehensive about Yvonne. She had the misfortune to appear during the crappy final seasons and her character overstayed her welcome.

Alexis Bledel's joyride was one of the best moments of the season. I'm sure everyone watching would have been thinking "do it, run over that a-hole's face". Ofglen/Emily's trial and sentencing were some of the most heart-wrenching stuff I've ever seen. And completely dialog-less. Kudos to Bledel.

twaintrain

I read that Amy Adams gave up her first class flight ticket when she saw a soldier in uniform. She quietly told the airline she wanted to give him her ticket and she took his coach ticket. I always thought she seemed nice but I have a whole new respect for her now.

twaintrain

I finally watched "Logan" and it is definitely one of the best comic book movies ever. I would even go so far as to say Hugh Jackman should get an Oscar nomination for his performance. He was truly incredible.

Grace_Of_God

^Dexter is what made me apprehensive about Yvonne. She had the misfortune to appear during the crappy final seasons and her character overstayed her welcome.

Alexis Bledel's joyride was one of the best moments of the season. I'm sure everyone watching would have been thinking "do it, run over that a-hole's face". Ofglen/Emily's trial and sentencing were some of the most heart-wrenching stuff I've ever seen. And completely dialog-less. Kudos to Bledel.

I think as far as Dexter is concerned I was so ready to never revisit the Debra/Dexter thing that I was so happy to get a better love interest. I just loved Hannah for dexter. But yes she did overstay her welcome

And Bledel really impressed me this season. She really has some serious acting chops that i did not realize she had.