Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Award Season in 2018

sur_crazy4carrie

^ I feel like not a lot of people begrudge a particular race or ethnicity being highlighted. Some people (racists) may cry 'AGENDA!' but I feel like that vitriol is like 10x for films that highlight women. Some section of the audience need to be more open minded but I feel like they're mostly a very loud minority

BLADE RUNNER!!!

twaintrain

I feel like anything that gets directed towards the audience is always more encouraging then blaming. They blame hollywood. but with that one montage where Greta ends it by saying "go make your movie". theyre saying that because hollywood is FINALLY listening. Theres been a general consensus that most movies made by females don't usually make THAT much money. Unless its teen focused like Twilight. So with the audience going out and seeing something like Wonder Women to throw their support behind it is a big thing. That being said. there have been a lot of opinions from people just as recent as Star Wars where closed minded people don't like it because the main focus is a female. So yes theres still some blame to the audience but most people are outraged with Hollywood and them not hiring enough women and PoC

I guess it just always comes off like they are pointing the finger at us. I know they have acknowledged trouble within Hollywood, but it just always comes off heavy-handed to me.

AIgrl06

Sad for Phantom Thread but honestly The Shape of Water's score is beautiful and distinct. And I do love Desplat.

sur_crazy4carrie

Wow they included Shashi Kapoor and Sridevi. Sridevi was the first legitimate female superstar of mainstream Indian cinema. had roles written for her and at the peak of her career was paid more than the men who were cast opposite her. She passed away last week at the age of 54.