Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Award Season in 2018

AIgrl06

How many years has it been since there was a surprise in one of the acting categories?

WAIT I've been thinking about this and the answer is Mark Rylance two years ago. Even though the precursors were split, most people thought Sylvester Stallone would win.

sur_crazy4carrie

When Emily Blunt and Lin Manuel walked out, they announced "Emily Blunt and Academy award nominee Lin Manuel Miranda" and I felt sort of personality victimised by the fact that she doesn't have at least "Academy award nominee" in front of her name. I believe I am completely entitled to that emotion

stuffy

When Emily Blunt and Lin Manuel walked out, they announced "Emily Blunt and Academy award nominee Lin Manuel Miranda" and I felt sort of personality victimised by the fact that she doesn't have at least "Academy award nominee" in front of her name. I believe I am completely entitled to that emotion
Yeah For some reason I thought she had been a nominee in the past. I'm surprised she doesn't at least have a nomination for The Devil Wears Prada or The The Young Victoria. I love her in those movies.

I think Girl on the Train was supposed to be her nomination, but it ended up being a dud. (although I kinda liked it)

Maybe Mary Poppins or that suspenseful/scary movie with her husband (forgot the movie's name) can get her that nomination. I'm not holding my breath on that second one though. It looks good but doesn't seem like the kind of movie nominated for things. Although I probably would of said the same thing about Get Out when I first saw its previews.

teesharky

Ps I still have not seen The Shape of Water sadly.not sure why- I guess the basic premise of the sea creature falling in love with the human didn’t interest me. But I need to give it a chance clearly since it won. Lol

Grace_Of_God

I always thought Emily’s performance in The Devil Wears Prada was criminally overlooked. Sooo good.

Yeah when they said that last night I was like wait wasn’t she nominated with Streep for DWP. Ridiculous that she wasn’t.She is one of the best parts of that movie.