Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Award Season in 2019

Grace_Of_God

Here we goooooooo. I know we aren't as active in here but I still think its a good way to at least keep track of possible award movies and such. So heres what we got so far.

Golden Globes-
Nominations- Over
Award Show- Over

Critics Choice Awards-
Nominations- Over
Award Show- January 12th

PGA Awards-
Nominations- Over
Award Show- January 18th

Screen Actors Guild Awards-
Nominations- Over
Award Show- January 19th

DGA Awards-
Nominations- Over
Award Show- January 25th

BAFTAS-
Nominations- Over
Award Show- February 2nd

WGA Awards-
Nominations- Over
Award Show- February 1st

Independent Spirit Awards-
Nominations- Over
Award Show- February 8th

The Academy Awards-
Nominations- January 13th
Award Show- February 9th

Below are some Oscar Movie Predictions, will be edited as we get closer to the season and nominations come out.

2019 MOVIES

Bold Means I Have Seen the Movie (clearly I'm behind)-

-Toy Story 4(On DVD)
-The Farewell (On DVD)
-Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (In Theaters)
-Parasite (In Theaters, Limited)
-Pain and Glory (In Theaters)
-Dolemite is My Name (On Netflix)
-Judy (In Theaters)
-Hustlers (In Theaters)
-Joker (In Theaters)
-JoJo Rabbit (In Theaters)
-Harriet (In Theaters)
-Ford v Ferrari (In Theaters)
-Frozen 2 (In Theaters)
-A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood (In Theaters)
-The Irishman (On Netflix)
-The Report (On Amazon Prime)
-I Lost My Body (On Netflix)
-Marriage Story (On Netflix)
-The Two Popes (On Netflix)
-Bombshell (In Theaters)
-1917 (In Theaters)
-Little Women (In Theaters)

2018 MOVIES-

-Black Panther- On DVD
-Isle of Dog- On DVD
-Incredibles 2- On DVD
-Blackkklansman- In Theaters
-Roma- On Netflix
-A Star is Born- In Theaters
-First Man- In theaters
-Bohemian Rhapsody- In Theaters
-Beautiful Boy- In Theaters
-Can You Ever Forgive Me?- In Theaters
-Boy Erased- In Theaters
-Green Book- In Theaters
-The Favourite- In Theaters
-If Beale Street Could Talk- In Theaters
-Vice- In theaters
-The Wife
-Spiderman into the Spider verse
-Wreck it Ralph 2
-At Eternity's Gate
-First Reformed
-The Ballad of Buster Scruggs
-Mirai
-Cold War

Alright, if you think theres any movies i need to add let me know!

Last edited:

AIgrl06

That is such a short list of films! But I don't know what to add to it. Maybe Can You Ever Forgive Me?, coming out October 19. Or the Coens' newest, The Ballad of Buster Scruggs, coming to Netflix November 16.

Anyway, in the next two weeks we have Venice and TIFF and Telluride so hopefully more contenders will emerge.

Edit: OK I'm going over some of the movies I've seen this year, and I think Toni Colette has a shot in Actress for Hereditary, and I think A Quiet Place could get into the Sound categories, potentially. Charlize Theron could also be in the mix for a Globe nod for Tully.

Plus there are all of those documentaries that came out this summer that got good reviews/box office. Won't You Be My Neighbor, RBG, Whitney, Three Identical Strangers.

AIgrl06

Bringing this over from the other thread:

I saw Crazy Rich Asians today. It was beautifully made. I really enjoyed it. I've been missing rom coms lately. The theater was really packed for a Sunday afternoon.

I saw this yesterday and thought it was great! I really hope this is a huge breakthrough for Constance Wu, she's so magnetic. Actually everyone was great in this, but for me the absolute standouts were Awkwafina and Michelle Yeoh. And yes the entire movie was gorgeous. I'm so glad they're doing the sequels.

My theater was pretty packed too. The movie is making bank.

AIgrl06

Also, I'm not sure that it has any awards potential (I'm not really well versed on the Oscar rules, I assume it's eligible), but Netflix just released a trailer for Orson Welles's final film, filmed in the 1970s and never before released. The Other Side of the Wind. It looks really good.

And now I've tripled posted, so I will stop.

stuffy

What’s the name of the Amy Adams Christian Bale movie that’s supposed to be award baity? I think it’s about Dick Cheney but haven’t heard anything lately. It’s probably something simple like “Cheney” which will make me look like an airhead. Ha ha

There’s a lot of great movies but what I’m desperate to see is Emily’s Mary Poppins. Please, please don’t suck!!

Grace_Of_God

^ Its the very last one on the list, "Backseat" No trailer yet. And don't worry not called Cheney hahahaha. My dream 2019 award season would be Amy Adams winning an Oscar and Emmy

That is such a short list of films! But I don't know what to add to it. Maybe Can You Ever Forgive Me?, coming out October 19. Or the Coens' newest, The Ballad of Buster Scruggs, coming to Netflix November 16.

Anyway, in the next two weeks we have Venice and TIFF and Telluride so hopefully more contenders will emerge.

Edit: OK I'm going over some of the movies I've seen this year, and I think Toni Colette has a shot in Actress for Hereditary, and I think A Quiet Place could get into the Sound categories, potentially. Charlize Theron could also be in the mix for a Globe nod for Tully.

Plus there are all of those documentaries that came out this summer that got good reviews/box office. Won't You Be My Neighbor, RBG, Whitney, Three Identical Strangers.

Oh I forgot about the Melissa one, I want to see that! Didnt realize Coens' had a new movie coming out this year.

I do agree Theron is def in the mix for a globe nom. I feel like award shows don't usually recognize horror movies, which is why I was hesitant to add Toni.

I bet WYBMN wins best Doc.

Also, I'm not sure that it has any awards potential (I'm not really well versed on the Oscar rules, I assume it's eligible), but Netflix just released a trailer for Orson Welles's final film, filmed in the 1970s and never before released. The Other Side of the Wind. It looks really good.

Oh I'm actually not versed enough on the rules either to know if this would qualify. Very interesting.

Also Im way too lazy to look it up, what year is the "popular movies" category starting at the oscars?

AIgrl06

I think their press release just said “next year” leading some people to believe 2019 and some people 2020, lol. Who knows.

I forgot about Mary Poppins!! I hope it’s amazing.

stuffy

^ Its the very last one on the list, "Backseat" No trailer yet. And don't worry not called Cheney hahahaha. My dream 2019 award season would be Amy Adams winning an Oscar and Emmy
Thanks. That’d be awesome for her to win both. I haven’t watched the tv show yet. I was waiting for it to finish then binge it. My brother canceled his hbo so no HBOgo password anymore. Ha ha. I think I’m going to sign up for it through Amazon or HBO now though because I want to check out the Jennifer Garner comedy and of course Big Little Lies season two.

AIgrl06

I still haven’t watched Big Little Lies season one I’m so ashamed ugh.

It’s totally worth it for Sharp Objects though. I love the series. And omg I can’t imagine bingeing it, but half of me wishes I did that. Have something happy ready to watch when you finish.

Last edited:

Grace_Of_God

^ I have a slightly different opinion on Sharp Objects but I think the ending makes it worth it.

Did you read BLL? Cause I didn’t and the twist in that got me too. Go binge it! NOW! Haha

AIgrl06

I did read BLL and I’m probably going to go watch it just to see how/why it’s getting another season.

stuffy

I still haven’t watched Big Little Lies season one I’m so ashamed ugh.

It’s totally worth it for Sharp Objects though. I love the series. And omg I can’t imagine bingeing it, but half of me wishes I did that. Have something happy ready to watch when you finish.
It's more of a not waiting on a new episode every week week binge. Maybe an episode a day or so before shows come back from summer break. I'm definitely not doing something with its darkness in a day like I did Glow. 😂

twaintrain

It’s so weird to see the story of my former best friend’s life as an Oscar contender. I still haven’t received my invitation to the premiere though! Lol His Mom keeps me posted on everything happening though - so surreal.

Grace_Of_God

It’s so weird to see the story of my former best friend’s life as an Oscar contender. I still haven’t received my invitation to the premiere though! Lol His Mom keeps me posted on everything happening though - so surreal.

Yes yes I knew someone had a connection to the story! Haha