Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Baffled!!

rainbow1

All of my icons and shortcuts on my desktop have disappeared. How do I get them back? Anyone?

Pi314CA

I would try reboot the computer first. Next I would restore the computer configuration to an earlier date using the "restore" that is probably in your "Maintenance" folder.

Farawayhills

I don't use Windows, so I'm not sure if this will help, but it may be worth a try:

Right click on the desktop
A menu should come up - select "view"
There should be an option that says "show desktop icons" - make sure this is ticked (it can become mysteriously unticked due to the random behaviour of various software)

[edit} sorry - while I was typing, someone beat me to that suggestion (smiley) Let us know if that's not the problem

rainbow1

Well I tried a long time to restore, like Pi said.....I failed! Just now came back on to see dd3 and Faraway's suggestions!!!! Yay!! It worked!!! Thank you so much!!!!!