Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Been listening to these songs (When is Carrie's new music coming?)

stan

CARRIEE.jpg

Farawayhills

Oh, well! It seems that we may have to wait another six months or so, until we know what Carrie has has done with her first co-produced body of album work.

That's OK - I'd rather she took the time to be sure she's ready for the long haul of appearances, interviews and touring. Waiting for that record should be worth it!

Farawayhills

Born in Massachusetts, and raised in New Brunswick, Elaine Roy is one of many who explode the myth that you have to be a Southerner to perform this music. The message in this inspirational song is one that I like to think Carrie, and waiting fans, might feel strikes a chord for them:

Farawayhills

First Aid Kit (the band name of the Söderberg sisters, Klara and Johanna) with a video that references a lot of Gothic imagery (including the phantom driverless car motif)

Farawayhills

I like this sweet duet, by Ireland's Una Healy, with Sam Palladio (who plays Gunnar on TV's 'Nashville').

(The video was promoting the lead single for her debut solo album, "The Waiting Game", released last year. Besides the general Country feel, she also incorporates traditional Irish elements in her vocal, especially around 2.28)

Una was once a member of a UK Pop girl band, the Saturdays, and later had a background in various reality television shows, becoming first a mentor and later a judge on "the Voice of Ireland". Since committing to Country, she opened for Reba McEntire at C2C, and recorded a cover of Randy Travis's "For Ever and Ever Amen" for a CMA project. You can see that cover here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN3KXzzjVo4