Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Before He Cheats" performed on The Voice Germany

Joey Orfino

Second Carrie song being performed on The Voice Germany, after "Church Bells" this year. Unfortunately, no chairs turned this time:

maddkat

Staff member
nice to see/hear Carrie's songs , but I can see why no chairs turned.

Someone needs to branch out on these shows and cover something of Carrie's other then CB, BHC, JTTW..you know the biggies. lol She has so many great songs.

Farawayhills

The singer is Charnée Drake - she says she was born in Germany, but I'm guessing she has American or English heritage. This is a Country Rock song, after all, so anyone wanting less Twang and more Rock might have to wait for a different number. Some wanted a more powerful voice, with some higher pitched passages. That's a fair comment, but it may come with more live and studio opportunities. (Choosing such a well-known once-in-a lifetime song always invites expectations and comparisons with the definitive version - it may be a better tactic to go for a song which has already had several stylistically varied interpretations.) I hope she perseveres and isn't too discouraged.

Momin

Carrie songs are also not easy to cover. I think Adam Levine said that on The Voice once and I agree. I guess BHC doesn't have a big vocal so people go for it, but I personally find it more complicated to sing than her big vocals. Because the storytelling and punchy delivery is difficult to sing.

Reactions: mbh