Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Billboard Music Awards Nominations (Oct 14th) on NBC.

simonplay

Billboard Music Awards 2020

Nominations are out!

Carrie is nominated ..

Top Country Female Artist:
Maren Morris
Kacey Musgraves
Carrie Underwood

She should win this easly!

Billboard Music Awards
@BBMAs
Congratulations to all of the 2020 #BBMAs nominees! Find out who wins, October 14th on NBC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Countryfan2448

Billboard Music Awards 2020

https://www.billboardmusicawards.com/2020-nominees/

Top Country Female Artist

90_maren_morris.jpg

Maren Morris

71_kacey_musgraves.jpg

Kacey Musgraves

22_carrie_underwood.jpg

Carrie Underwood

adam1995

Nominations are out!

Carrie is nominated ..

Top Country Female Artist:
Maren Morris
Kacey Musgraves
Carrie Underwood

She should win this easly!

Billboard Music Awards
@BBMAs
Congratulations to all of the 2020 #BBMAs nominees! Find out who wins, October 14th on NBC.

Maren is the only female nominated for Top Country Artist. If this is based on charts, and Carrie couldn't get into Top Country Artist, chances are she doesn't win Top Country Female.

simonplay

^ oh I thought that tour had more weight on deciding the winner, not sure if the criteria is the same for every category.

But then if this is solely based off of singles, how in the world did Kacey get nominated? I thought tour had some influence but maybe not.

maddkat

Staff member
That's what I was curious about.... Is this only weighted on a song and not touring etc.....
this is how noms/winners are determined

"Billboard Music Awards finalists are based on album and digital songs sales, streaming, radio airplay, touring, and social engagement"

adam1995

True, there is a tour component, even a tour category, but Maren made it into 3, maybe 4 categories that Carrie didn't. I don't think the tour will have anywhere near enough weight.

Zach1998

No shade, but why Kacey? Thought both Miranda and Kelsea had stronger years than her. Also, see Maren probably taking this, if it’s based on chart success because her chart success was better than Carrie’s.

adam1995

No shade, but why Kacey? Thought both Miranda and Kelsea had stronger years than her. Also, see Maren probably taking this, if it’s based on chart success because her chart success was better than Carrie’s.

Kacey's album has been streamed rather consistently. Often it is one of the top two highest ranking female albums on the album chart. Kacey streams pretty well, period.

sco

The nice thing, although it does take the mystery out, about the BBMA awards is that they are based on hard data not subjective value judgments or politics. Given that I think Maren takes this.

jaymiee

Happy she's at least nominated but Maren has this 100% for her pop song the Bones...Billboard loved that song so she's definitely getting the awards

June11

Maren had the most successful year out of the 3 of them.
Kacey's album was very successful, it won a grammy for album of the year.

They all had good a year.

June11

You guys figure out ways to always put down other females. Carrie had a good year but Kacey and Maren's were more successful.
Maren had #1s & Kacey had alot of critical acclaim and won alot of other awards. Stop acting like other females aren't talented successful and popular.

Carrie is my favorite too but she doesn't always have the most successful years out of the other female country artists.

simonplay

You guys figure out ways to always put down other females. Carrie had a good year but Kacey and Maren's were more successful.
Maren had #1s & Kacey had alot of critical acclaim and won alot of other awards. Stop acting like other females aren't talented successful and popular.

Sorry Kacey doesn't have country airplay, her digital sales are low, her tour was on theaters... pretty sure Miranda and Kelsea had more success in country music. It's about charts not acclaim.

June11

Sorry Kacey doesn't have country airplay, her digital sales are low, her tour was on theaters... pretty sure Miranda and Kelsea had more success in country music. It's about charts not acclaim.

Kacey's streaming numbers are alot better though.