Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Billboard: Who Should join Katy Perry on American idol?

liz278

I'm sorry, but I don't want Carrie to be a part of this. I want her to make album #6.

I think having Ryan be a part of this will bring some continuity, I don't think it will be the same. I wonder who else they can get since they are paying Katy Perry so much $. And I personally won't watch, didn't really watch the show after season 5 or 6.

lolita55

I don't want Carrie to be a judge. I like Katy. But I don't know why they decided to make her a judge. She seems like a nice enough woman, but there is just something about her that Is off putting to me.

I don't want Carrie to be a judge. I like Katy. But I don't know why they decided to make her a judge. She seems like a nice enough woman, but there is just something about her that Is off putting to me.

I agree on not wanting Carrie to be a judge because I feel it would take away from time needed to be devoted to songwriting & working on new music.I don't know why they decided to make Katy a judge either,but maybe it was to give her new album & upcoming tour publicity to get more records & concert tickets sold.I don't If that was the main reason or not or if I'm completely off base here,but that was the only reason that I could come up with that made the most sense to me.She does seem nice enough,but her whole personality just rubs me the wrong way for some odd reason as well.I can't put my finger on it,but there is something else about her that seems offputting to me as well.$25 million just seems like a lot of money to pay for someone that has already had a lot of success & she certainly doesn't need the money to make her anymore successful than she already is.

thaifood

I agree on not wanting Carrie to be a judge because I feel it would take away from time needed to be devoted to songwriting & working on new music.I don't know why they decided to make Katy a judge either,but maybe it was to give her new album & upcoming tour publicity to get more records & concert tickets sold.I don't If that was the main reason or not or if I'm completely off base here,but that was the only reason that I could come up with that made the most sense to me.She does seem nice enough,but her whole personality just rubs me the wrong way for some odd reason as well.I can't put my finger on it,but there is something else about her that seems offputting to me as well.$25 million just seems like a lot of money to pay for someone that has already had a lot of success & she certainly doesn't need the money to make her anymore successful than she already is.

There are musicians, songwriters & recording studios in LA just as there are in Nashville. If she has changed labels & the new folks are changing their focus for her career, why not change where she does her music & record it out in LA?

txacar

Katy is very successful and that is why they are willing to pay -- success breeds success. Her huge fan base helps ensure good audience numbers and without that there would be no advertisers, thus no AI show.

Katy is the first artist to pass 100 million followers on twitter. She's top of the heap and AI is fortunate to have her.

There are musicians, songwriters & recording studios in LA just as there are in Nashville. If she has changed labels & the new folks are changing their focus for her career, why not change where she does her music & record it out in LA?

True,but why would you uproot your entire life,your entire career & your family to move to a place that she doesn't live in &has no attachment to?It just doesn't make sense to me when her entire life is basically based out of Nashville & all her friends are here(including Ivey)& where they're having their forever home built at & if Mike comes back for one more season,it's where his career is based out of.Yes,there are recording studios out in LA,but to me,it just doesn't make sense to me to uproot everything & start from scratch when everything that she's ever known since her career started is based in Tennessee & out of Nashville essentially.This is home to Mike,her & Isaiah & for them to start over is unfair when she has no attachment to LA other than recording music out there.She is more familiar with the recording studios,songwriters & producers here than she is out in LA & out there she would just be in unfamiliar seas.That would take too much time away from Mike & Isaiah & we all know how important family is to her even at this stage in her career.I would think that when she switched labels that she would've been clear that her family & her life are based out of Brentwood & Nashville & to go anywhere else to record is crazy considering that most of her singing career is truly based out of Nashville & nowhere else.To even suggest that she do it anywhere else than in Nashville is outlandish considering that everything & everyone she knows & cares about is right here in Nashville & not based in LA.Besides,flying back & forth would be tiring & take away from the one thing she cares about more than anything else in the world:family.I think that to her,that aspect would've been nonnegotiable when she was working on her new record deal.

thaifood

True,but why would you uproot your entire life,your entire career & your family to move to a place that she doesn't live in &has no attachment to?It just doesn't make sense to me when her entire life is basically based out of Nashville & all her friends are here(including Ivey)& where they're having their forever home built at & if Mike comes back for one more season,it's where his career is based out of.Yes,there are recording studios out in LA,but to me,it just doesn't make sense to me to uproot everything & start from scratch when everything that she's ever known since her career started is based in Tennessee & out of Nashville essentially.This is home to Mike,her & Isaiah & for them to start over is unfair when she has no attachment to LA other than recording music out there.She is more familiar with the recording studios,songwriters & producers here than she is out in LA & out there she would just be in unfamiliar seas.That would take too much time away from Mike & Isaiah & we all know how important family is to her even at this stage in her career.I would think that when she switched labels that she would've been clear that her family & her life are based out of Brentwood & Nashville & to go anywhere else to record is crazy considering that most of her singing career is truly based out of Nashville & nowhere else.To even suggest that she do it anywhere else than in Nashville is outlandish considering that everything & everyone she knows & cares about is right here in Nashville & not based in LA.Besides,flying back & forth would be tiring & take away from the one thing she cares about more than anything else in the world:family.I think that to her,that aspect would've been nonnegotiable when she was working on her new record deal.

There is no reason she would have to move there. Keith didn't, Simon Cowell didn't, Harry Connick didn't. They have these new fangled things called jet liners. They make getting from Nashville to LA a possibility in just about 3hrs. They are all the rage now. You seem to have a different definition to outlandish than I do. Artists for years & years have been recording in places other than their home towns. Different studios offer different amenities & different sound possibilities.The Eagles were from So. Cal, yet recorded some of their early albums in England, on the other hand the Stones are from England yet recorded some of their stuff in Muscle Shoals Alabama. . They, Carrie, could simply book a few hours studio time on the days she was in town for Live Idol performances or on eviction days. Goodness, I would think nothing is unworkable when it comes to this stuff.

liz278

I don't want CARRIE to do this... And I'm 99.999999999999999% sure she won't... But I saw her name on the list and had to vote for her anyway...

Hi there! :)

I had a really hard time not voting for her myself! It's a trained response after all this time when I see her name in a poll.