Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert to Divorce

Pi314CA

Good Morning America By MICHAEL ROTHMAN, LESLEY MESSER and HUNTER KELLY 12 minutes ago

Country superstars Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert have decided to divorce, according to the Associated Press.

"This is not the future we envisioned," their representatives said in a statement to the AP. "And it is with heavy hearts that we move forward separately. We are real people, with real lives, with real families, friends and colleagues. Therefore, we kindly ask for privacy and compassion concerning this very personal matter."

The couple have been together for about a decade and married in 2011 in Texas after five years of dating. They celebrated their fourth wedding anniversary this past May.

https://gma.yahoo.com/blake-shelton-miranda-lambert-divorce-170849990--abc-news-celebrities.html

Ann055

To be honest, I'm not surprised. I've thought ML has looked like she was either angry and/or sad for about the last year. I wish them both well in the future.

gran29

I feel sorry for Miranda. I can't imagine living out something so personal with the media all over it.

AdamJ

I have been hearing different things out of Nashville about them both for some time now so I am not at all surprised. Their marriage was a troubled one from the start and the excessive drinking and partying did not help matters any at all. I hate to see any marriage end but I am not surprised by this one. Best wishes to them both in the future.

Smokyiiis

I agree Adam. Have heard all kind of things myself. But it was actually her demeanor in public this past year that led me to believe something was very much wrong regardless of all of the denials. I even said so in several different posts for awards shows.

liz278

I feel so bad, divorce is not something I wish on anyone. I hope that people leave them alone and give them their privacy.

Kizmet311

I am so sad to hear this. Divorce is something that no one should have to go through, although it is inevitable at times. I can't imagine the strains on celebrity marriages, especially where both are celebrities and spend so much time away from home. It unfortunately does explain Miranda's lack of "spark" in her performances and her general attitude seeming to have been different. With Blake in LA over half the year for the Voice and Miranda probably preferring to be home when she isn't on the road, I'm sure it hasn't been easy on them the last few years. None of us will ever know all the details, but it just makes me so sad. It also makes sense as to why Miranda has been out of the public eye lately and even Blake with CMA Fest. They probably tried to salvage it, but just realized it wasn't going to work. I hate this for them.

maddkat

Staff member
not surprising really
you never saw them together except at award shows and there have been rumors , especially about Blake since he started on The Voice

pklongbeach

...I wonder if Blake fell for the old Miranda or the new one? ...and what now, of the block voting. I guess we are about to find out.......

I hope Miranda has learned something about breaking up a marriage. All you end up with is a guy who will leave a marriage!!

terilyn

It's sad to see any marriage end but I have to say this doesn't surprise me @ all. Wish Miranda the best in her future hoping maybe now she can be happy. One feeling I think she has been w/out for sometime now.

adam1995

Wow! I'm equally surprised and not surprised at the same time...

Me too. I'm surprised, because something like this is never what you actually expect or want, but I always sensed they were never on the same page. I feel, and of course there is no information at this time, Blake would be more to blame. He seems to never be around, always in LA for the Voice and he doesn't seem like the kind to be married. I do hope happiness finds both of them, though

Kizmet311

...I wonder if Blake fell for the old Miranda or the new one? ...and what now, of the block voting. I guess we are about to find out.......

I hope Miranda has learned something about breaking up a marriage. All you end up with is a guy who will leave a marriage!!

As long as Miranda is with WME and Live Nation, the block voting will not change. She may have reaped a small amount of benefit from Blake's label not having a female to support, but the labels do not seem to have the same power as the management companies and tour promoters. I do think she got a little more national recognition for being Blake Shelton's wife, but regardless of their marital status, Miranda is talented all on her own when it comes to songwriting and singing. I know not everyone (or hardly anyone) here agrees, but musically, Miranda is the better of the two. Blake just gets promotion from being on the Voice. I hope that after taking some time for herself, Miranda comes back stronger than ever. The words of her song Priscilla sure seem to ring true now.

adam1995

Not trying to be callous, but her next album should be very good. Sad songs and real life. Blake's should probably be more substantive as well. I wish it didn't have to be for them, but the music might be healing and good for them.

liz278

Grady Smith posted on twitter a portion of an interview that Miranda did for EW a while back about her view of divorce. I'm sad for her because I know that this was not something she probably wanted.

Not trying to be callous, but her next album should be very good. Sad songs and real life. Blake's should probably be more substantive as well. I wish it didn't have to be for them, but the music might be healing and good for them.

I was thinking the same thing. Pain often reaps great artistry, especially in country music.