Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blind Item

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcramer

hjj - I agree..... plus it is out of respect.....

txacar - also agree. He raised some great children and they all became something in life...... I just hate when people put down or try to think ill mannered of any newly elected president. If you dont like the chosen one, then just respect it...... As you said the country elected the President.....

CarrieAddicted

"famous on American Idol", also never said it was an actual winner.

There were probably well over 500 "American idols" on the actual show (who got in, not including the ones on the auditions).

maddkat

Staff member
might be time to close this one before the opposite views on our 'president elect' are voiced and it just gets ugly.

simonplay

You can say a lot of things, but don't think that is one you can say about DTrump. His kids obviously adore him.

I would love for it to be Carrie, but I don't want her to get the abuse. She gets enough of that. If it is her it is because she is a Christian, loves her country, and understands this is not about the man but about every American and our great fortune to live in a country where citizens have the right to elect their President and witness the wonderful inaugural day traditions and the awesome, peaceful transfer of power.

It was just a joke!

teesharky

Something tells me it is Kelly Clarkson's Stronger. But Kelly is a big Clinton supporter on twitter so I doubt she would attend.

teesharky

I thought of Kelly's "Piece By Piece", doesn't that song talk about father-children relationship?

No that song is about a father who abandons his children. Trump was a good father, no matter what people think of his politics. He does not fit that song.

Carriebear

"famous on American Idol", also never said it was an actual winner.

There were probably well over 500 "American idols" on the actual show (who got in, not including the ones on the auditions).

I was just going to say that, doesn't say it's a winner, plus I know she's done Kennedy center honors but has she done an inauguration? She does say she hates talking politics

carriethequeen

Twitter and the media and even some of her own fans would be so mean to Carrie if she performed at the inauguration, so for that sake I hope this isn't true lol

Carriebear

NYC is a 45 minute flight to DC. People commute to work both ways. Nashville is 1-1/2 hour flight to DC. Nobody has said it's Carrie. Just an American Idol who sings a song that describes how the Trump kids feel about their dad. Rumor is probably false.

The website is blind gossip so it most likely is false

CarrieAddicted

No that song is about a father who abandons his children. Trump was a good father, no matter what people think of his politics. He does not fit that song.

Oh, I didn't recall it was the father abandoning his children. I just remembered Keith crying and thought it was about a good father.

CarrieAddicted

Twitter and the media and even some of her own fans would be so mean to Carrie if she performed at the inauguration, so for that sake I hope this isn't true lol

Not just twitter. Virtually the entire world. That's what I fear. I don't want to see a major backlash on her. God forbid.

adam1995

Yeah, backlash would be too much. It's not worth it. I'd love for her to be involved in something like an inauguration in any capacity, but I just don't think she needs that hate from the World. Nobody would respect her decision no matter what reason she gave, which is sad.

teesharky

^ Yes I agree with you guys., This election was so hateful and horrid on both sides of the spectrum with people getting beat up in the streets for supporting either side. I would not want Carrie to get blasted by the internet as they HATE anyone who has accepted an invitation.

It is really quite sad. I don't care who people voted for or supported--- I try to respect everyone. But to hate and bully artists just for performing at a Presidential inauguration is really childish and petty. So much for tolerance. I guess people are only tolerant of their own beliefs, sadly.

The artists performing at this event are getting so much hate and cyber bullying that it is disgusting and sad. I would say this no matter who won. I didn't even like either candidate that much if you want the truth-- but I do not like the cyber bullying going on of artists that said yes. Not cool.

teesharky

Yeah, backlash would be too much. It's not worth it. I'd love for her to be involved in something like an inauguration in any capacity, but I just don't think she needs that hate from the World. Nobody would respect her decision no matter what reason she gave, which is sad.

Agree. This is the one time I want Carrie to lie low and stay home. Not worth the hate she will get.

She can do something for the military again another time, but this election was beyond Hateful and people on both sides have really lost their minds, if you ask me.

The behavior of the extremists on both sides is appauling and I am almost embarrassed for my country as can you imagine what people overseas think?

CarrieAddicted

Look at what Jennifer Holliday suffered from just SIMPLY saying she was going. Death threats. DEATH threats.
Jesus Christ.
She eventually cancelled her performance.

And Jennifer Holliday is, nowadays, a small star (sadly). Can you imagine what would Carrie Underwood suffer?????????????????????

Seriously, just NO

Carriebear

Guys I doubt that she's going the inauguration is in 2 days her name is nowhere on a list of people who are performing, the website seems fake anyway. But if anyone wants to keep an eye out that would be cool to know who's there

HuiZ

The song that came to my mind is Little Toy Guns lol... all about his words.

But.... I really hope Carrie stays as far away as possible. It will be very unlike her to get involved with political stuff this way.

Hahahah!! Gold!!

Smokyiiis

hjj - I agree..... plus it is out of respect.....

txacar - also agree. He raised some great children and they all became something in life...... I just hate when people put down or try to think ill mannered of any newly elected president. If you dont like the chosen one, then just respect it...... As you said the country elected the President.....

Well said, and I couldn't agree more!

Status
Not open for further replies.