Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Blown Away" Tracklisting Thread

carriecountrystar

EXACTLY. Caskett for life.<3 I liked Slaughter. I thought he was hilarious. Disgusting, but hilarious. And I loved how much of a pansy Castle was. I have a love-hate relationship with this new development in their relationship. It's quite artistic of the writers to pull something like that. On the other hand, I want Castle and Beckett to get together already! Nathan Fillion said he didn't want them to get together until the last possible second because he didn't want the couple to be ruined a la Ross and Rachel.

LET'S DO IT.

Just made one. :D http://www.carriefans.com/forums/tv-shows/152828-castle.html#post4294704

AIgrl06

Can someone repost the link to get directly to the iTunes stream? I think it was posted earlier but I can't find it, haha.

hazeleyesreza

In about an hour and half we can hear it on iTunes! So pumped, I'm restraining from reading spoilers from the other thread - so pumped!!! :)

twaintrain

Some Hearts - Mega hit singles
Carnival Ride - Great flow and consistency
Play On - Amazing vocals

Blown Away - Put the descriptions above together in one CD

Absolutely brilliant album! Cannot wait to have this CD playing in my car!!:)

hazeleyesreza

ScreenShot2012-04-24at121209AM.png

maddkat

Staff member
BA is just magnificent! It makes Carrie's previous efforts seems so...immature? Not sure if that's the right word.
The lyrics, production , delivery all spot on! I love all the different styles Carrie gives us.Having said that ...does GG seems a little out of place after listening to the rest of the cd to anyone else?

Claire2004

We're going to move the discussion back to this thread? Cool. lol :)

Anyway, will also post here the wonderful comment I found at mjsbigblog:

Well.. That was a damn surprise.

I counted Carrie out as pure pop drivel after Some Hearts and gave her last two albums half of a glance before moving on to the next thing. Based solely on my first run through of Blown Away, however, I'd say this is easily THE album of 2012 thus far, and probably one of the best albums I've heard this decade.

I'm not one to issue effusive praise on message boards and forums, but Carrie's earned it. The writing on this album is not only LIGHT YEARS ahead of her three albums, but also of higher quality than 99% of what's on radio today, country or otherwise. Blown Away (song), Two Black Cadillacs, See You Again, Forever Changed, Good in Goodbye, and Wine After Whiskey (HOLY LORD at this one) are all masterfully written. One Way Ticket and Cupid's Got a Shotgun, while goofy to the core, are both extremely clever and witty, so they're strong in that respect. The remaining songs are by no means poorly written, the aforementioned bunch is just strikingly strong.

As far as singles go, they could honestly release 12 of the 14 with no problem. "Blown Away," "Two Black Cadillacs," "Cupid's Got a Shotgun" and "One Way Ticket" are the obvious picks, but let me suggest that they mix things up and use either "Nobody Ever Told You" or "Do You Think About Me" as a single. Carrie hasn't really done the feel-good thing, and that goes over really well at radio. Not to mention that it's about time that a well-written, well-sung feel good song takes to the Country Chart. I've heard enough precocious blather in that sub-genre.

I'd also like to take a minute to bow to Mark Bright, who FINALLY realized that more production does not equal a better song. Unlike on previous efforts, Blown Away is about Carrie's voice, not Mark Bright's latest toy.

All-in-all, an easy 9 out of 10. I could see adjusting this up to 9.5 when I re-listen at a more reasonable hour. Carrie, you done good. I always knew there was more to you than Louisville sluggers and wreckless driving.

bigbluegrl23

No because I love it so much haha GG could honestly be Carrie telling the daughter and the mistress/and wife to get away from those men.

maddkat

Staff member
lol , true
GG is the warning and the following two songs are a result of the warning.
The women certainly said goodbye