Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BREAKING NEWS: Osama bin Laden killed

oldyfan

I almost hate to post this but, it is important to how we were able to find and destroy him...

According to the AP:

Officials say CIA interrogators in secret overseas prisons developed the first strands of information that ultimately led to the killing of Osama bin Laden. Current and former U.S. officials say that Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the mastermind of the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, provided the nom de guerre of one of bin Laden’s most trusted aides. The CIA got similar information from Mohammed’s successor, Abu Faraj al-Libi. Both were subjected to harsh interrogation tactics inside CIA prisons in Poland and Romania.
Yes, the trail began with Bush policies and would not have begun with Obama policies. That being said Obama deserves credit for approving the attack.

bigbluegrl23

I almost hate to post this but, it is important to how we were able to find and destroy him...

According to the AP:

Officials say CIA interrogators in secret overseas prisons developed the first strands of information that ultimately led to the killing of Osama bin Laden. Current and former U.S. officials say that Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the mastermind of the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, provided the nom de guerre of one of bin Laden’s most trusted aides. The CIA got similar information from Mohammed’s successor, Abu Faraj al-Libi. Both were subjected to harsh interrogation tactics inside CIA prisons in Poland and Romania.
Yes, the trail began with Bush policies and would not have begun with Obama policies. That being said Obama deserves credit for approving the attack.

Only important thing is that he's dead...
becca T

Afghanistan, President Obama said that he had a little bunker in Pakistan and the US soldiers bombed the bunker that Bin Laden was using and the US soldiers killed and got his body. He deserves it because of th innocent lives he has taken in the 9/11 attacks

epicamends

And radical Christians have been killing in the name of Christ for thousands of years. Does that mean that every one of us Christians should be viewed as potential terrorists?

Last night I had a whole hope for America and humankind. That's gone already. We're screwed, because people are idiots.
I wish I could thank this post a million times.

Some of the comments I have read about Muslims truly disgust me. For someone to viciously hate an entire religion that they clearly know almost nothing about just baffles me. There are extremists in EVERY religion, including Christianity. That doesn't mean the extremists represent the majority of people who follow that religion.

That's all I'll say on the topic, because CF is not the place for this debate.

CarrieBearie21

It just pains my ears to hear someone say he was eliminated in Afghanistan. In reality, Bin Laden was living in a large 3-story compound in the region of Abbotabad Pakistan. 40 minute firefight. A US Chopper was shot down but no one was injured. They learned from Guantanamo a connection few years back. Osama, NEVER r.i.p. How DARE you ask one of your men to use a woman (and just syk was also killed) as a shield? ahhhhhhhhhh Dead face just preserved as a link for you I'm-so-scared-of-you-death-ers. :) http://photoideas.in/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/last-images-of-osama-bin-ladien.jpg

LAWL my family members reminded of when on 9/11 our plane was grounded in Chicago. So much innocence just killed.

m.chill99

Perhaps you are, because I think there are many people who don't make the distinction, and who believe that Muslims are all bad. Case in point is that man who decided to burn the Qu'ran. One thing I'll agree with you on is that I don't believe that it is anywhere close to the majority of Americans who believe this--I do think that Americans have more sense and ration than that, on the whole. However, there is a fraction of people who do believe that Muslims are dangerous. There have been studies that have shown that a lot of Americans are not comfortable if they are on the same flight as someone who is wearing the Islamic headdress. There is obviously something beneath the surface there that should be acknowledged. To state these things in general terms would be perpetuating the stereotype that Muslims are dangerous.

I just wanna point out that my brother did a report on Osama for his history class, and in his report he mentioned that it is against a Muslim's religion to kill a baby, child, adult, elder, etc. last night at dinner when he mentioned it and (he actually said this) "Osama's a douche and not a good Muslim. HE'S DEAD AT LAST!"

mlawlor

There's an article on Time.com about how the NAVY SEAL Commander who commanded the raid, not too long ago studied journalism in college, and then instead of going into a journalism career, joined the NAVY SEALS. So that's TWO journalism majors who went down a totally different path after a journalism degree, and achieved major success in their new field...