Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calia sales on fire!

Pi314CA

Excerpt from Dick’s Sporting Good earnings call transcripts, 5/30/18:

Driving differentiation and exclusivity within our assortment is a top priority. We've expanded our CALIA collection to new categories and given it premium space in our stores. In the 3 short years since its launch, CALIA has grown to be our #3 private brand in our portfolio and the #2 brand in women's athletic apparel, behind only Nike.

Last edited:

DaisyTweets

Wow, isn't this exciting news!!! Go Carrie!!! Go Calia!!! Wonder how close it is to Nike? If there's any chance it could become their #1 brand in women's athletic apparel?

I don't know why she doesn't.

They probably don’t run tv commercial spots because maybe that isn’t where Carrie wants to put her focus.If anything,as a marketing minor in college & as an observer,word of mouth is more powerful than social media is when it comes to advertising a brand.Its a great vehicle for it,but it isn’t the only way for Carrie & Calia to get the word out about the brand.Someone that us d to work at the apartment complex I live at right now saw how cute my Calia clothes were & I gave her the information about the Calia website & the Dicks website so she could have a look at the clothes to see if they would work for her.Word of mouth is still the most reliable form of advertising there is because the word gets out there faster & then people can go look at it for themselves.I think word of mouth & social media & Carrie wearing the clothes are three of Carrie’s best bets when it comes to advertising for Calia,not everyone watches TV so if people don’t watch TV,they would never see the Calia ads if they aired on TV.

Kizmet311

It would be so super easy to turn those videos into TV spots. They are already done so well. Calia would get so much more exposure that way since obviously many more people watch tv than follow Carrie or Calia on social media.

sco

They would be amazing. Her videos are great. She could simply take those and make TV commercials out of them.

It’s all about return on investment. Commercials are expensive. It’s not just about making the commercial but paying for the airtime. It would seem they don’t feel the need to make that investment to drive sales.