Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie and Florida Georgia Line collab coming!

DaisyTweets

@briannanicollle
brian kelly came to my work today (chick fil a) and I asked him if carrie ever got back to them on that song, he said she said no. and that’s the tea.
While I'm extremely happy with this news, how can we blindly believe this person??

No one truly knows what transpired privately behind the scenes, and I also am kinda questioning why Brian Kelly would be our running around in public going to a restaurant at this time, unless he did the drive thru or something. I’m glad it seems like she said no though!

Farawayhills

I would have thought, if she had said "yes", they would have made a big thing out of it before now. There wouldn't have seemed much point in delaying an announcement until it conflicted with the projected release of their different new single - or beyond that, when it would have been old news. It seemed more a quick publicity drive for them, and if Carrie didn't take the bait, it was time to move on to other things.

After hearing FGL’s new song, I’m even more glad that Carrie apparently said no. At one point in the lyric video, they used to instead of too, and it’s pretty bro country with stuff about beer, whiskey, and driving down the road with the windows down.

CU4ever

I'm disappointed to hear Carrie said no, but as she's said before, she likes to get invitations from other artists & would like to return the favor - so maybe she said no to this song, but said she would write a song with them she was okay with releasing.

But...with all this quarantine, I don't necessarily think BK would be out and about (or anyone) and would have time to talk...I don't know if we should blindly believe it. Sometimes we get fed fake news (like about a video for Paint being filmed in a church etc)

adam1995

From what I heard TN wasn't really locking down as hard as other areas. I have friends there that said as of a few days ago they were still allowed to sit an eat in a restaurant. Assuming though he would have been taking out.

I'm disappointed to hear Carrie said no, but as she's said before, she likes to get invitations from other artists & would like to return the favor - so maybe she said no to this song, but said she would write a song with them she was okay with releasing.

But...with all this quarantine, I don't necessarily think BK would be out and about (or anyone) and would have time to talk...I don't know if we should blindly believe it. Sometimes we get fed fake news (like about a video for Paint being filmed in a church etc)

I know some might be disappointed if the duet doesn’t happen just because people want new music. However, at the same time, a duet with them could end up being more harmful to her image than beneficial because I would say FGL could be arguably considered one of the most divisive acts in country music in terms of the bro-country stuff. People question her authenticity as a country singer to begin with enough. Like earlier mentioned, no one can be 100% certain about what has gone on, but time will tell.

CU4ever

I know some might be disappointed if the duet doesn’t happen just because people want new music. However, at the same time, a duet with them could end up being more harmful to her image than beneficial because I would say FGL could be arguably considered one of the most divisive acts in country music in terms of the bro-country stuff. People question her authenticity as a country singer to begin with enough. Like earlier mentioned, no one can be 100% certain about what has gone on, but time will tell.

that’s why I wonder if she responded no to that song but opened an Invitation to write a song that she is okay with and that fits her image. She’s talked before about wishing other (male) artists would reach out to her & now she has that

teesharky

I just pray this doesn’t discourage others to reach out to carrie to collab with her after she rejected FlaGALine. I can see the haters calling her a snob for saying no. She is in a no win situation here. If she said yes- the highly vocal Carrie fans on twitter will go ballistic as they already have - openly expressing their hate to FlaGALibe online. If she says no- she is called a snob who thinks she is too good for anyone. No win situation.

teesharky

While I'm extremely happy with this news, how can we blindly believe this person??

agree we do not even know if she or he is a reliable source. It seems odd to me that a celeb would reveal something this sensitive to a stranger at Chick Filet.

Well, if she did in fact say no, I feel like the general public (non Carrie stans) have probably forgotten about them asking her in the first place since it was over a month ago. Maybe she did offer to co-write with them once the current situation dies down. Carrie has said in the past that projects such as duets need to be the right situation, and she has turned down stuff in the past if it didn’t seem right. Something along the lines of you can’t force something (this was when the duet with ML was happening). If someone such as Dan and Shay asked Carrie to do a duet, I could see it having a higher chance of happening given the fact that both Carrie and Mike seem to like them. Carrie doesn’t follow many people on Instagram, but she follows Shay’s wife Hannah Billingley which surprised me.
If FGL hadn’t been a bit dumb in the first place and publicly posted about it, none of us would know about this in the first place (probably how it should be).

maddkat

Staff member
I just pray this doesn’t discourage others to reach out to carrie to collab with her after she rejected FlaGALine. I can see the haters calling her a snob for saying no. She is in a no win situation here. If she said yes- the highly vocal Carrie fans on twitter will go ballistic as they already have - openly expressing their hate to FlaGALibe online. If she says no- she is called a snob who thinks she is too good for anyone. No win situation.
seriously you're the only one I've seen call her a snob because she rejected this horrific bro song. The song was a joke as was their 'invite' coming curiously just days after her interview at CRS mentioning bro country and no one writing for females.

Farawayhills

Artists decline song and collaboration requests all the time, for a variety of reasons - it's highly unlikely that Carrie would have been rude or disparaging in her reply. I don't think most people would see it in a bad light.

It's possible that they may try to get together on another song in future - but I think they would need to be prepared to step outside their safe ground, rather more than they typically have so far. FGL seem sincere, friendly types, with a very large fan following and a keen sense of commercial trends. But stylistically and musically they and Carrie seem to be on rather different paths in the contemporary Country scene. I think most people would recognize that, but I don't think it needs to be seen in terms of snobbery - music can be a broad spectrum, in which different contributions can thrive.

pkc4rls

I would think most potential collaborators would think Carrie is one of the least snobbish persons in country music and as for haters, they would say it regardless, if any do say it. I doubt any artist is going to worry about what any online hater has to say lol because I am sure all have had their share of that type to deal with. Regardless, I don’t think you can except every project you hear about, regardless if you care to not take on that project, in fear an online hater from behind a keyboard might call you a snob if you don’t take it. I don’t think this is a worry or a primary concern by Carrie or for us. I doubt FGL has taken on every collaboration that has come their way either.

teesharky

^ true . I have seen many haters call carrie a snob online over the years long before this song came about. So the same haters might bash her again but I guess they never liked her anyway so who cares.

CU4ever

I’ve been thinking & im not sure Carrie declined (if she really did) necessarily because of FGL being polarizing. Brett Young, who really only has 1, maybe 2, possibly polarizing songs has said often he would love to collaborate with Carrie & she’s never responded to that. Now I know that him wanting to collaborate with her isn’t the same as asking her to sing in a certain song, but I think it’s possible Carrie just doesn’t care for collaborations. I’m pretty sure she even follows Brett Young and they still haven’t collaborated

pkc4rls

^ true . I have seen many haters call carrie a snob online over the years long before this song came about. So the same haters might bash her again but I guess they never liked her anyway so who cares.

Well I didn’t mean we aren’t supposed to care lol. I just meant I doubt Carrie makes big career decisions based on what a few haters say online. I was simply pointing out that all artists get haters so other artists are not going to shun other artists based on what a few haters similar to their own say. And compared to how many fans Carrie has those types are but one drop in a bucket. Besides I doubt other artists spend their days searching twitter trying to see if a hater commented on Carrie ha ha.

countrymusicfan15

Are Brad, Miranda and Keith the only artists Carrie has collaborated with for official releases? And with those none were on any of Carrie’s studio albums. So it will probably be an extra special song when Carrie does decide to include one. Oh wait would Sam Hunt and Randy Travis count?