Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie at the Opry Sept 5

gocountrymusic

I loved the setlist. She seemed to really add a layer to Ghosts vocally which is funny because it was the most stripped performance. Loved the song choices, from beginning to end and the banter between her in Brad is just so natural and I miss seeing it.

Louisa

On Saturday, September 5th, Opry Extras brings you a special video mashup of Carrie Underwood’s past Opry collaborations with Reba McEntire, Crystal Gayle, Kelsea Ballerini, and Jennifer Nettles!

Opry Extras - Carrie Underwood

Trigger from Saving Country Music (who can be extremely judgmental and isn’t a huge Carrie fan by any means) seemed to love their performance based off of the comment section of the article he wrote about Brad and Carrie performing, so that’s good! I will take any kind of praise from that site.

adam1995

Trigger from Saving Country Music (who can be extremely judgmental and isn’t a huge Carrie fan by any means) seemed to love their performance based off of the comment section of the article he wrote about Brad and Carrie performing, so that’s good! I will take any kind of praise from that site.

I think, while he isn't a big fan of all of her music (leaning very pop), he respects Carrie a great deal. He's very supportive of her commitment to the Opry, and has been generally kind to her and Brad's hosting of the CMAs. I'd say he likes her more than some give him credit for.

MelissaD

I've listened to Ghosts On The Stereo literally 17 times since 2 days ago lol. Can't believe how hooked I am on this song 2 years later. Think I only listened to it once or twice when the album first came out.

Farawayhills

More at the link.

While I don't think the acoustics in that clip are the best I've heard, and the performance may have lost a little from the circumstances of social distancing, the song is undoubtedly one of the standouts of the contemporary era (by Bill Anderson and Jon Randall), full of the understated but heart-wrenching pathos in the seemingly inevitable destruction of two broken lives. It's perfectly designed for a male-female duet (Alison Krauss partnered Brad in the original release, which came just before Carrie broke onto the scene). I'd love them to do a new studio version some day.

Farawayhills

I think, while he isn't a big fan of all of her music (leaning very pop), he respects Carrie a great deal. He's very supportive of her commitment to the Opry, and has been generally kind to her and Brad's hosting of the CMAs. I'd say he likes her more than some give him credit for.

I agree. The site is very much an opinion piece, with a definite agenda - and it's rather pointless to slate it for taking a line that is, after all, its chosen reason for existence. Kyle can be very harsh on occasion - but he has pretty consistently seen Carrie as one of the artists who are a real asset to an industry of which he is generally very critical. One of his main saving graces, in my opinion, is that he does tend to see the tributes to Country Music tradition in Carrie's work and general attitude (something that many critics, whether supportive or hostile, may fail to notice or mention). The main issue I have with the site tends to be with some of the posts in the lengthy comments section that follows most articles. Perhaps inevitably, given its agenda, the site attracts some visitors with very fixed ideas and preferences, seemingly often fighting their verbal battles with each other, with Kyle, and with the Country Music scene in general. The articles themselves are often informative and generally (with some exceptions) at least strive to strike a balance.

I think Kyle views Carrie as a staple in the industry, but that whole article he wrote about her miscarriages begs to differ that he has any true respect for her...that whole article was disgusting and entirely unnecessary. The part where he implied that she shouldn’t have said anything at all until she was elderly was gross. Idk, that’s kinda why I’m not a fan really but I appreciate his comments about the performance.

June11

Being female especially in the public eye , means you can't touch your own stomach without everyone assuming you're pregnant

jaymiee

Finally watched the whole live show and i was blown away!! The highlights for me were surprisingly Ghosts on the Stereo and Dirty Laundry!

Ghosts was always one of my favorites off Cry Pretty but the way she sung it that night with the grit in her voice was to die for...added a whole new layer to the song and i loved it. Same with DL it was always a good song but the way she sang it acoustic was amazing!!

I vote Carrie an Brad to do an album together and an acoustic tour because that was amazing and the CMA's should be punching the air for losing these 2

bigd79

I was out of town saturday but had it dvr’d while i was gone and after watching it twice now...wow, that was amazing. Brad and Carrie together is pure magic. I love that she had a hand in pretty much every song! It was also awesome to see an acoustic set, her voice shines even more. The best pandamic opry show yet, by a country mile! I hope she does another one, maybe in december she can do one based around her christmas album. Assuming there will still be doing these types of shows with no fans which i assume they will be.