Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie collab with Dan+Shay

simonplay

Dan and Shay posted a pic with Carrie at the AMA's from last year on their instastory! But they just released a new album so maybe Carrie will have a song with them on her new album? 🤔

jamatthews83

She tends to keep things very close to her chest so I doubt they'd be teasing a song from her album. Maybe they'll be releasing a deluxe edition of their new album, but most probably they're just trying to generate attention because their album and latest single have been met with a collective *shrug* so far.

Momin

I can easily see Carrie collaborating with Dan + Shay. She's loves good vocalists and like or hate their music, Shay Mooney's vocals are excellent and much noted by peers. And that's something I can see her wanting to collaborate with. Kelly Clarkson also complimented them when she did a duet with them. I don't think Carrie has so far done a duet with vocals like hers, and this might be the closest she has come to that.

melissa_cufan

Shay Mooney is close with Carrie and her family so I don't think they'd use her or their picture for random promo. Shay also posted their pic on his own instastory and they posted on Facebook too. Who knows what's up 🤷‍♀️

maddkat

Staff member
Fans of Dear Evan Hansen were delighted when it was announced the beloved Broadway hit would be getting the movie treatment, with Ben Platt starring as the titular character for the big screen rendition come Sept. 24. Now, Dear Evan Hansen fans have even more to be excited about: The movie's star-studded soundtrack.

The soundtrack, which will be available the same day as the movie's theatrical release via Interscope Records, will feature Carrie Underwood with Dan + Shay, Finneas, Sam Smith with Summer Walker, SZA and Tori Kelly, Billboard can exclusively announce. They'll be performing reimagined versions of the musical's Tony-award winning songs and as well as original recordings from the film's score.

Smith and Walker team up for “You Will Be Found,” while Underwood and Dan + Shay take on “Only Us,” which will be released this Friday (Sept. 3). Kelly sings solo on "Waving Through a Window," one the songs from the Broadway musical.

Songwriting duo Benj Pasek and Justin Paul (La La Land, The Greatest Showman) also wrote original tracks for the movie adaptation of Dear Evan Hansen. SZA breathes new life into “The Anonymous Ones,” and Finneas shines on “A Little Closer.” The album also features 16 tracks that include recordings by the film's cast.

"Pasek and Paul’s songs from the Dear Evan Hansen stage play are so amazing and timeless -- newly recorded by our film’s cast for the soundtrack (and freshly produced by Benj Pasek, Justin Paul, Alex Lacamoire and Dan Romer, and supervised by Jordan Carroll) -- and they’re now also complemented by two new original songs written for the film (with one of them co-written and performed in the film by Amandla Stenberg)," Mike Knobloch, president of global film music and publishing at Universal Pictures, tells Billboard.
"The opportunity to further enhance that body of work for the soundtrack was an epic (and risky) challenge, both to meet the high bar already set and to 'cast' artists who are meaningfully on-brand in an authentic and genuine way," Knobloch adds. "That’s how we ended up having the honor of curating and involving this stellar lineup of artists who each bring their unique perspective and new dimension to the music of Dear Evan Hansen."

The Dear Evan Hansen soundtrack will be available on Sept. 24. See the full tracklist below: