Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie collab with Dan+Shay

PRGuy79

I'm very excited about this! I had hoped that Universal would include Carrie in some of their film productions (both as an actress and as a singer) - glad to see it happening on such an anticipated film. This musical was acclaimed on Broadway, so this should get a lot of attention.

monkeyboy16

I’m assuming this will be a Grammy contender for the soundtrack category. How does that work? Would Carrie be part of the nomination of the album makes the cut?

PRGuy79

Wonder how big of a movie this will be? Will it be the main song from the movie?
I think the song used in the movie will be performed by the actors in the movie. Carrie's version is for promotional purposes and is on the soundtrack (and may be sent to radio?), I believe, but I am only assuming. It looks like the songs recorded by well-known artists are listed twice - first with the actors in the movie and then the re-recorded versions with star appeal. I don't think Carrie's version will be in the movie itself, but I could be wrong. Either way - very exciting.

jaks_weyn

I think the song used in the movie will be performed by the actors in the movie. Carrie's version is for promotional purposes and is on the soundtrack (and may be sent to radio?), I believe, but I am only assuming. It looks like the songs recorded by well-known artists are listed twice - first with the actors in the movie and then the re-recorded versions with star appeal. I don't think Carrie's version will be in the movie itself, but I could be wrong. Either way - very exciting.
Hopefully in the credits.. usually they use the promo songs when the credits roll... :D Glad they're releasing it first this Friday..

so many things to look forward to this september... this.. mv for IIDLY... then MG rerelease

Last edited:

jaks_weyn

The fact that they are releasing this before any of the other songs are available makes me hopeful that they intend to promote this. Is it too much to hope for a video and radio push to AC/pop formats?
I hope they do promote it and/or it shoots up the charts and stay at the top for some time...

they already released the movie version of the 2 main theme songs of the musical some weeks ago and used them for the trailers... today they released both versions of "Only Us"...

I think the first 2 songs represent the theme of the movie/musical better but I think OU has more potential for success as a mainstream song... hopefully they make a music video for this one...

loving all the collabs that Carrie has been releasing!