Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie liked a tweet oh my

No, it seems like my post went totally over your head. I said that regardless of mask-wearing, it seems highly unlikely that cases could drop so significantly from 38 MILLION to a mere 2 THOUSAND. Does that even sound realistic?

I fully believe that people with the flu are being told they have COVID and that’s why the number of cases is so high. I mean, when you go to the doctor now they don’t even swab you for the flu anymore. It’s just COVID testing.

People need to start using their brains and asking more questions. Blindly believing everything Dr. Fauci says does not make you morally superior and more intelligent than everyone else. There are people in high positions of power who do not have your best interest in mind.
Umm no your post didn’t go over my head. I was explaining the reasons that flu cases went down. The flu is much less contagious than covid so if we are following guidelines to prevent covid it stands to reason that we will also prevent the flu. Now does that mean there were only 2,000 cases? Most likely not, but it’s just that we weren’t testing as much for the flu because we were putting all of our resources into covid. It took priority because it was more contagious and deadly. It doesn’t mean the health officials were deceiving and lying to us though. Idk how this turned into a public health debate. I just said I was disappointed in Carrie’s decision and wanted to leave at that? Does she have a right to express that opinion sure… but I have the right to be disappointed in it.

Also I worked in public health for 5 years and am now a physician assistant so I’m not blindly following anybody…

adam1995

Umm no your post didn’t go over my head. I was explaining the reasons that flu cases went down. The flu is much less contagious than covid so if we are following guidelines to prevent covid it stands to reason that we will also prevent the flu. Now does that mean there were only 2,000 cases? Most likely not, but it’s just that we weren’t testing as much for the flu because we were putting all of our resources into covid. It took priority because it was more contagious and deadly. It doesn’t mean the health officials were deceiving and lying to us though. Idk how this turned into a public health debate. I just said I was disappointed in Carrie’s decision and wanted to leave at that? Does she have a right to express that opinion sure… but I have the right to be disappointed in it.

Also I worked in public health for 5 years and am now a physician assistant so I’m not blindly following anybody…
I have a question. The CDC did admit in documents that the tests used for COVID can't distinguish between the flu and COVID, or regular COVID from the Delta variant, or any variant for that matter, so how do you reconcile that fact with the exceptionally low flu cases? Isn't the probability high that millions of flu cases were misdiagnosed?

Not trying to be rude or anything, it is just a topic that has caused a lot of confusion for how it has been dealt with. Let me make it clear, I believe COVID is real, I got vaccinated, but it is absolutely a political issue now, because everyone has made it one, not just one side.

PRGuy79

...but it is absolutely a political issue now, because everyone has made it one, not just one side.
Uh, nice try. This is a political issue because the previous president saw Covid as a threat to his legacy and began to downplay its severity, mock people who were concerned and chose to wear masks, and belittled Dr. Fauci and the CDC because the data they provided to him didn't go along with a false narrative that he had it all under control and the virus would "just go away". Because of the misinformation that was spread through the final year of his presidency and parroted by a certain news channel that many of his followers choose to watch, we are reaping the consequences as a society. People believed the lies (or were confused at best), and now people are hesitating to be vaccinated and/or wear masks to reduce spread, which allows the virus to continue mutating and remains a threat to us all - even those of us who did what was expected and got the shot as soon as possible. This country is fighting a war on two fronts - against a virus and against misinformation. But don't kid yourself. The blame is NOT equally shared.

Hil

Sorry to anyone, but I don't care if people are anti-mask or pro mask. honestly, it's up to us to keep ourselves safe. I'm pro mask and i've been vaccinated, btw. I'm worried things like SNF will take a hit for her. Neither she nor they have tweeted about it since some news articles have posted she's still doing it. Will they still air it? I don't get why liking that tweet was so important to her. I get she probably didn't know it would be like this, but I really enjoyed when Carrie stayed out of things. I never think ANYONE should bow to either party, but it's just nice to have a celeb that's drama free. I think this is more on the psycho twitter mob than her, AND whatever fan found it and posted it. It was fun having IIDLY going up the charts and much more to look forward to and now THIS. She can have her views, I just wish she would go about them like she used to. That's an extremely selfish thing to say as a fan, I admit that lol I don't talk about politics either because people are crazy.

CrazyAboutCarrie

I’m shocked… I’m beside myself… my world is crashing down… how can she have an opinion that not everybody agrees with… the audacity.

P.S.
I, agree with the vaccine, but don’t feel masks need to be worn in all places. Oh wait, I won’t be dragged because I’m not a celebrity.

Normal broadcasting can commence.

monkeyboy16

Sorry to anyone, but I don't care if people are anti-mask or pro mask. honestly, it's up to us to keep ourselves safe. I'm pro mask and i've been vaccinated, btw. I'm worried things like SNF will take a hit for her. Neither she nor they have tweeted about it since some news articles have posted she's still doing it. Will they still air it? I don't get why liking that tweet was so important to her. I get she probably didn't know it would be like this, but I really enjoyed when Carrie stayed out of things. I never think ANYONE should bow to either party, but it's just nice to have a celeb that's drama free. I think this is more on the psycho twitter mob than her, AND whatever fan found it and posted it. It was fun having IIDLY going up the charts and much more to look forward to and now THIS. She can have her views, I just wish she would go about them like she used to. That's an extremely selfish thing to say as a fan, I admit that lol I don't talk about politics either because people are crazy.
I agree! Why make a controversial statement now when she’s gone almost 20 years avoiding these things for good reason. I almost wonder if she has a private personal Twitter and just forgot to logout of the celebrity one

CU4ever

Surely you saw the CDC admitted that the test couldn’t distinguish between the flu and covid.

adam1995

Uh, nice try. This is a political issue because the previous president saw Covid as a threat to his legacy and began to downplay its severity, mock people who were concerned and chose to wear masks, and belittled Dr. Fauci and the CDC because the data they provided to him didn't go along with a false narrative that he had it all under control and the virus would "just go away". Because of the misinformation that was spread through the final year of his presidency and parroted by a certain news channel that many of his followers choose to watch, we are reaping the consequences as a society. People believed the lies (or were confused at best), and now people are hesitating to be vaccinated and/or wear masks to reduce spread, which allows the virus to continue mutating and remains a threat to us all - even those of us who did what was expected and got the shot as soon as possible. This country is fighting a war on two fronts - against a virus and against misinformation. But don't kid yourself. The blame is NOT equally shared.
Since you didn't answer the honest question in my post, it is clear you have no answer and realize that the CDC has truly been a mess of its own contradiction and misinformation. You just want to continue to blame an administration that you didn't like and ignore the horrendous failings of the current one. The CDC is sowing its own distrust in vaccines by saying in June the unvaccinated can go without a mask and less than two months later saying, lol never mind, even though they knew the Delta variant was rapidly spreading in June.

Plus the current president and vice president have done a terrible disservice to the confidence in vaccines by saying they wouldn't trust the vaccine under Trump. Anyway, hope you enjoy the vaccine the previous administration cut red tape for you to get.

Last edited:

rcramer

First I just want to say, I always enjoy reading your well read posts. I'm a little perplexed on this though.

Do you honestly believe that Dr. Fauci has never lied to the American people? I mean he was confronted in Congress by Senator Paul (who is a medical doctor himself) with regards to masks, Wuhan Lab funding etc.. He has waffled on these issues time and time again. And sorry PRGuy79, the CDC is not showing you all of the true data they have... Reputable or not, they are giving you what the media wants people to see.... I don't care what media people chose to watch, we have our own minds and if anyone does their own research the true evidence is out there..... And I have seen it and was appalled to the lies by the media as well as Dr. Fauci. Who again is the highest paid person under this current admin.....

I don't think it is fair to blame a past president for the current failures at hand..... I mean look at our southern borders, how can we expect unvaccinated people to get the vaccine but yet people come through our borders with god knows what all kind of diseases and this is being totally ignored...

adam1995

First I just want to say, I always enjoy reading your well read posts. I'm a little perplexed on this though.

Do you honestly believe that Dr. Fauci has never lied to the American people? I mean he was confronted in Congress by Senator Paul (who is a medical doctor himself) with regards to masks, Wuhan Lab funding etc.. He has waffled on these issues time and time again. And sorry PRGuy79, the CDC is not showing you all of the true data they have... Reputable or not, they are giving you what the media wants people to see.... I don't care what media people chose to watch, we have our own minds and if anyone does their own research the true evidence is out there..... And I have seen it and was appalled to the lies by the media as well as Dr. Fauci. Who again is the highest paid person under this current admin.....

I don't think it is fair to blame a past president for the current failures at hand..... I mean look at our southern borders, how can we expect unvaccinated people to get the vaccine but yet people come through our borders with god knows what all kind of diseases and this is being totally ignored...
The border issue is truly frustrating, as we will soon need to show proof we are vaccinated, but we won't worry one bit about who is coming over the border, or whether they are sick, or now potentially terrorists posing as refugees. Truly baffling.

CU4ever

The border issue is truly frustrating, as we will soon need to show proof we are vaccinated, but we won't worry one bit about who is coming over the border, or whether they are sick, or now potentially terrorists posing as refugees. Truly baffling.
All of this is totally true. But The big thing for me is… one can figure how delta and other variants got in the USA, as borders are closed (oops, I mean travel is closed and our northern border is closed). for instance, friends of mine in the UK aren’t allowed to travel here.

jptexas

As you all know, I’ve been a Carrie fan since her audition on Idol. I’ve bought every album, video, documentary she’s ever released. I’ll be a Carrie fan even if I don’t agree with her liking a tweet I don’t agree with.
I can’t imagine Carrie or anyone else’s sending their kids, who haven’t been vaccinated, to school without a mask with the Delta variant being so prevalent. Still, there are people for whatever reason would send their kids maskless to prove a point that really would only be political. If kids were allowed to be vaccinated for covid, this argument would be
a moot point. But, they’re not there yet, so a mask is a good idea till then. Liking a tweet that doesn’t help the pandemic is not what I would expect from Carrie. Still like her and her music though and that won’t change.

adam1995

The science also says that kids are more likely to die of the flu than COVID, they have never needed to be masked for flu season. That’s what also makes this very strange. Kids can contract COVID and take it to an older family member and it seriously affects them, but they can do the same with the flu.

liz278

As you all know, I’ve been a Carrie fan since her audition on Idol. I’ve bought every album, video, documentary she’s ever released. I’ll be a Carrie fan even if I don’t agree with her liking a tweet I don’t agree with.
I can’t imagine Carrie or anyone else’s sending their kids, who haven’t been vaccinated, to school without a mask with the Delta variant being so prevalent. Still, there are people for whatever reason would send their kids maskless to prove a point that really would only be political. If kids were allowed to be vaccinated for covid, this argument would be
a moot point. But, they’re not there yet, so a mask is a good idea till then. Liking a tweet that doesn’t help the pandemic is not what I would expect from Carrie. Still like her and her music though and that won’t change.

I have liked a tweet by someone I didn't exactly agree with, but liking a tweet is a good way to 'save' a tweet for later. Plus what happened at that meeting affected her family, I think she might have just wanted to know what was happening. Plus, I think it is totally weird that people stalk other people's likes on Twitter.

twaintrain

New York City is now mandating vaccine passports for people to eat at restaurants, go to events, pretty much everything. There are tons of people who could die from the vaccine due to medical conditions and they are saying they don't care, they must be vaccinated anyway. That is EVIL.

"Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin