Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie liked a tweet oh my

Smokyiiis

To a degree, yes, but like… the new variants we have right now Shouldn’t have ever gotten in the country since northern border and travel are closed. If we want new variants to stop, it’s true get vaccinated, but we can only stop new ones from developing in our country. If other citizens of other countries won’t get vaccinated and they develop new variants, we can’t help that. Which is why our borders are supposed to be closed… (and they are except one)
And they are busing and flying them all over the US unvaccinated

jptexas

The cdc covid test CAN distinguish between covid and the flu virus. That statement from Mike Huckabee was debunked in July. Just to add, I wouldn’t listen to a politician instead of a scientist, epidemiologist, or other expert. Let’s see, Fauchi or Ran Paul? Fauchi hands down. Fauchi has studied viruses for over 40 years, Paul has studied virology for …

PRGuy79

The cdc covid test CAN distinguish between covid and the flu virus. That statement from Mike Huckabee was debunked in July. Just to add, I wouldn’t listen to a politician instead of a scientist, epidemiologist, or other expert. Let’s see, Fauchi or Ran Paul? Fauchi hands down. Fauchi has studied viruses for over 40 years, Paul has studied virology for …
Thank you! Facts matter. We need to get our source of news and information from a variety of credible sources to be sure we aren't falling prey to the misinformation campaign responsible for so many untruths. Those who are actively spreading lies are responsible for low vaccination rates and a refusal to comply with masking guidelines, which has resulted in many preventable deaths.

jptexas

This will be my last post about it, but I don't think most parents would send their kid to school knowing they are sick. We can't really live in a world where people get mad at someone for getting them sick, because it's never intentional. Nearly everybody whose ever given anyone an illness has not done so knowingly or intentionally. It's a wild thing to get upset about, it happens. But also kids spread all kinds of illness to other kids constantly, it's how they build immunity. In fact a new reason kids are going to the hospital now is that they are getting RSV because they have not been exposed to that pathogen because they haven't been in schools.
Your statement about people not knowingly giving another person a virus is on shaky grounds. If a governor orders people not to have mask mandates to protect children, that have not been vaccinated, that is literally facilitating passing of viruses from children to children. I would hope parents are smart enough to know to mask their kids during pandemics while waiting on a vaccine for kids under 12. But, there’s always parents, for reasons that escape me, will send their kids to school in those situations. I know, crazy right. So yea, I agree most people don’t want to get others sick. But, if you do it because you didn’t take some precautions, guilty as charged.

PRGuy79

Your statement about people not knowingly giving another person a virus is on shaky grounds. If a governor orders people not to have mask mandates to protect children, that have not been vaccinated, that is literally facilitating passing of viruses from children to children. I would hope parents are smart enough to know to mask their kids during pandemics while waiting on a vaccine for kids under 12. But, there’s always parents, for reasons that escape me, will send their kids to school in those situations. I know, crazy right. So yea, I agree most people don’t want to get others sick. But, if you do it because you didn’t take some precautions, guilty as charged.
Yes, parents are sending their kids to school sick. Later, when the runny nose, headache, stomach ache, etc., turns into a COVID diagnosis, they claim they didn't know. Well, they exposed God-only-knows how many others to the disease in the interim.

This also doesn't account for the individuals who are asymptomatic but are positive and don't know it. They are acting as a carrier of the virus and can potentially give it to someone else who gets very sick and dies. This is why masking matters - especially in a school setting when a community's vaccination rates are low and positive cases are surging.

The Nanook

Not true. He and Kamala both said they wouldn’t trust the vaccine if provided by Trump. And by the way....a to z variants are on their way.....do you think it stops with D?

I already provided a source on this point from the AP. "For his part, Biden has said he would take a vaccine “tomorrow” if it were available but that he would want to “see what the scientists said” first. His running mate, Kamala Harris, has said she wouldn’t trust Trump to be honest about the safety of any potential vaccine and worries that experts and scientists would be “muzzled” by the president because he’s so eager to get a vaccine approved by his stated goal of Election Day." Biden, who I was referencing, said he would take the vaccine if scientists approved. Kamala was more hesitant because the Trump administration has a history of taking the science out of scientific bodies (remember when the Trump admin took down all mentions of climate change on the EPA site?)

What's your point about the variants? My point was that in May when CDC lifted the mask mandate for the vaccinated, and yes it was May, and delta was not nearly as bad as it is now. There was no way to predict the outcome of which variant would get worse vs which would fizzle and when. I never said Delta was the last one (and no, it doesn't go alphabetically), and it's also irrelevant.

The Nanook

Mask mandate for my state was done end of June, and CDC reversed less than two months later.

You seem to believe that words matter, as evidenced by you bringing up a debunked claim about the disinfectant. Well words matter when Biden or Harris say something too, and saying they will not trust Trump on the vaccine matters if people listen. This is a two way street.
I'm going by the CDC guidance from May (see my comment above), obviously by not what/when your specific state did. Again, decisions change based on changing circumstances. And enough changed in even 2 months that they decided they needed to put out new guidance.

Yes, words absolutely do matter, especially as president of the United States. Trump talked about injecting disinfectant, and guess what happened?: "Accidental Poisonings Increased After President Trump's Disinfectant Comments." Trump has a history of downplaying or flat out ignoring science and facts (taking down climate change from EPA's site, downplaying the severity of the pandemic early on, and trying to make new hurricane trajectories via sharpie). Why would you trust someone like that? Biden and Harris and anyone else for that matter would be right to not take scientific or medical advice from Trump.

adam1995

So, how about we send them all home from October through March to avoid them ever getting sick. If the child displays no symptoms there's no reason to assume they will pass a virus. No one willingly gives someone else an illness. That's just not the case, someone who doesn't wear a mask is still not willingly giving anyone a virus, it doesn't make them bad people. If the mask works so well, if you're wearing one, what are you worried about?

Last edited:

adam1995

Was the CDC document debunked?

adam1995

I'm going by the CDC guidance from May (see my comment above), obviously by not what/when your specific state did. Again, decisions change based on changing circumstances. And enough changed in even 2 months that they decided they needed to put out new guidance.

Yes, words absolutely do matter, especially as president of the United States. Trump talked about injecting disinfectant, and guess what happened?: "Accidental Poisonings Increased After President Trump's Disinfectant Comments." Trump has a history of downplaying or flat out ignoring science and facts (taking down climate change from EPA's site, downplaying the severity of the pandemic early on, and trying to make new hurricane trajectories via sharpie). Why would you trust someone like that? Biden and Harris and anyone else for that matter would be right to not take scientific or medical advice from Trump.
And Biden and Kamala questioned the vaccine and 30% are still not vaccinated and going to the hospital. Lots of issues going around.

Why would you trust Biden anymore than Trump? Virus lies aside, Biden has lied about every aspect of the current Afghanistan debacle, as evidence by a horrendous press conference today. If he'd lie about that, he'll lie about anything. Why even trust politicians blindly? My advice is don't, they work for themselves first and you're likely not even in the top 10 people they work for. Same for any paid government buearacrat (Fauci, other "experts"). I never once said I blindly trusted Trump, you brought that up.

CU4ever

this isn’t true. The CDC said the test used last winter cannot & that’s why they recalled it.

source: https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/...-Changes_CDC_RT-PCR_SARS-CoV-2_Testing_1.htmlA44DA556-80B0-451E-8C84-3FA1CD8E7465.jpeg

The Nanook

And Biden and Kamala questioned the vaccine and 30% are still not vaccinated and going to the hospital. Lots of issues going around.

Why would you trust Biden anymore than Trump? Virus lies aside, Biden has lied about every aspect of the current Afghanistan debacle, as evidence by a horrendous press conference today. If he'd lie about that, he'll lie about anything. Why even trust politicians blindly? My advice is don't, they work for themselves first and you're likely not even in the top 10 people they work for. Same for any paid government buearacrat (Fauci, other "experts"). I never once said I blindly trusted Trump, you brought that up.
Again, I provided a quote and source that people seem to keep ignoring. Biden and Harris did not question the vaccine, they questioned Trump. There's a big difference. I'm still waiting for someone to provide a quote of both of them saying they don't trust the vaccine specifically. And yes, it is an issue that a solid chunk of the population is still not and won't get vaccinated.

When I said "you" I don't mean you specifically, it was a rhetorical question in a broader point I was making in response to something you said: "Well words matter when Biden or Harris say something too, and saying they will not trust Trump on the vaccine matters if people listen."

What specifically did Biden lie about?

adam1995

Again, I provided a quote and source that people seem to keep ignoring. Biden and Harris did not question the vaccine, they questioned Trump. There's a big difference. I'm still waiting for someone to provide a quote of both of them saying they don't trust the vaccine specifically. And yes, it is an issue that a solid chunk of the population is still not and won't get vaccinated.

When I said "you" I don't mean you specifically, it was a rhetorical question in a broader point I was making in response to something you said: "Well words matter when Biden or Harris say something too, and saying they will not trust Trump on the vaccine matters if people listen."

What specifically did Biden lie about?
It's not the point if they said they specifically said they don't trust the vaccine. They said they don't trust Trump regarding the vaccine. They put it in people's heads that a vaccine produced under the Trump administration and touted by Trump would not be trustworthy. That is truly damaging and dangerous. I'm sorry if you can't see that.

I am banging my head against a wall or beating a dead horse or whatever other cliche you can throw in here. There is no getting through to people who blindly trust people who have flipped flopped and never explained why they did that and have no real sympathy for the countless lives the are negatively effecting. I think I'm going to actually try to not comment further, it's just not worth it, lol.

Last edited:

rcramer

And for the record, I merely brought Rand Paul up for the mere fact he challenged Fauci on his lies….. I could care less he happens to be a republican senator….. Glad someone did…..

The Nanook

It's not the point of the said they specifically said they don't trust the vaccine. They said they don't trust Trump regarding the vaccine. They put it in people's heads that a vaccine produced under the Trump administration and touted by Trump would not be trustworthy. That is truly damaging and dangerous. I'm sorry if you can't see that.

I am banging my head against a wall or beating a dead horse or whatever other cliche you can throw in here. There is no getting through to people who blindly trust people who have flipped flopped and never explained why they did that and have no real sympathy for the countless lives the are negatively effecting. I think I'm going to actually try to not comment further, it's just not worth it, lol.

It is absolutely the point. You 100% can have trust in a vaccine produced by scientists during a Trump administration but not trust Trump himself. Scientists and biochemists and PhDs developed the vaccine, not Trump. They are very much two different things. And that is exactly what Biden said: "For his part, Biden has said he would take a vaccine “tomorrow” if it were available but that he would want to “see what the scientists said” first." This was September 2020 during the Trump administration and Biden literally said he would take the vaccine so long as reputable scientists said it was safe and effective. I'm sorry if you can't see that.

mikebeme3

Well the new studies show even vaccinated people shed similar amounts of the virus now, meaning it doesn't stop you from spreading it. If the only benefit of the vaccine is you don't get super sick or die, shouldn't that be a personal choice?

Farawayhills

Not without some reluctance, I'll throw in my two pennyworth on this story

Carrie doesn't live in Davidson County, and her family is unlikely to be directly affected by what the Nashville Metro School District is mandating for its Board Schools. If she liked this blogger's report of his speech to that body, I would presume that she felt that it (or some part of it) touched on something she might see as an issue of principle. Perhaps she sees it as a matter that should be left to parental decisions. Perhaps, as a mother, she might feel that some young children are frightened of wearing, or seeing others wear, masks. Those are only guesses - but my point is that she must have had her reasons, and those might be quite specific. I see no reason to jump to the conclusion that she is anti-mask wearing by adults, or anti-vaccination (Not a few people, on both sides, are extending their interpretation in directions like that - and, yes, I do think that she probably should have realized that they would have done that. But social media can be trap, where a quick, off the cuff action can be pounced on, blown out of proportion, and hammered back to haunt you.)

For me, as for some others who have already posted, the most uncomfortable aspect of this story is not that she presumably has, at least by implication, an opinion on mandatory mask wearing by children, which any of us may or may not agree with (that, of course, would be her right,). More concerning is the fact that the blog she presumably chose to publicly give her "like" to is a highly divisive one. The blogger in question not only thrives on the corrosive "culture war" approach that currently dominates so much of contemporary political and social commentary, he actively amplifies and perpetuates those embittered divisions - often demonizing and ridiculing those who disagree with him. Of course, he is not the only one to do that - but it is undeniable that he is one who prominently does so - and that is not an approach that I would have expected Carrie to honour with a public "like" (whatever her views on a specific issue might be)

There are actually several reasons why I don't believe it to be likely that Carrie would endorse this blog as a whole, or agree in general with his approach or more strident opinions. Her mother and sisters were or are teachers, and I can't believe she would approve of the parts where he appears to be accusing school staff and adminstrators of "child abuse". Several of Carrie's songs, throughout her career, have themes that take a feminist viewpoint against abusive or explioitative relationships, and I can't believe she would approve of his more strident anti-feminist views. She has spoken supportively of same sex marriage rights, and I can't believe she would endorse his mocking and rather apocalyptic fears of this leading to an undermining of society. Carrie may have "liked" a specific view on a speciific issue, but I don't think that should be blown up into a blanket endorsement of what this blog stands for..

In point of fact, it is not clear that she follows this blog regularly. There seems to have been a significant delay between the speech being made and Carrie's posting her "like". That suggests to me that she may not read it regularly, but something , or someone, may have drawn her attention to some aspect of it - in which case the "like" may have been a rather random, spur of the moment decision.

Unfortunately, though, it does seem to have led Carrie into the "culture war" maelstrom. I did a search on hers and the blogger's names together, and a large number of articles were thrown up. Many of these did involve sites associated with the militant "Conservative Influencers", with provocative (an, in my view, exaggerated) headings such as:
Liberal outrage erupts after Carrie Underwood likes...
Cancel Culture Mob Attacks Carrie Underwood For Liking ...
Leftists Lose It at Carrie Underwood for 'Liking'...
WOKE Mob Comes After Carrie Underwood for Liking...

So whether we (or she) like it or not, her simple "like" is currently being "weaponized" by people who sense a political advantage (even if only a temporary one) in mocking their foes and reinforcing the cultural divisions in society. (I am actually rather surprised that Carrie - who has a degree in mass media and communications - did not foresee that something like this was likely to happen).

That said, I don't think it will have a serious effect on her career. It should only "fly" as a hot topic for a very short while, and quickly be replaced by some other story. Even if something of a reputation (deserved or not) does linger around her in some people's minds because of this, her music and entertainment skills, her sincerity and personal charm, will still be more important for most.

I do hope, though, that this does not put her off from using social media. Her own tweets have often been interesting, and the causes she sometimes supports have not generally been matters that lead to bitterness.

PRGuy79

And for the record, I merely brought Rand Paul up for the mere fact he challenged Fauci on his lies….. I could care less he happens to be a republican senator….. Glad someone did…..
Dr. Fauci gave it right back to Rand Paul and put him in his place, exposing Senator Paul for the bag of hot air that he is. Dr. Fauci answered the questions with integrity and grace. There is no comparison between the two.