Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie made a surprise appearance at the Opry last night

Steven77536

Carrie made a surprise appearance at the Grand Ole Opry to welcome Kelsea Ballerini as the newest member of the institution. Here's a liink
https://theboot.com/kelsea-ballerini-grand-ole-opry-induction/

When Carrie was about to announce Kelsea as the newest member, her words about being an Opry member reminded me of what Garth Brooks said at Carrie's 2008 induction. He said, "You will be honored with awards from the ACM, CMA, Grammies, all that stuff. But nothing compares to this honor here." Perhaps that's why they chose to perform one of his wife's biggest hits, "Walkaway Joe," together. I was listening to it on the Opry website and I thought they did a great job.

rcramer

^^^^ Carrie has taken that honor to extreme heights...... One of the few artists that stays completely dedicated to that honor and gives her time to the Opry, no matter how busy she is.....

lizcarlo

^^^^ Carrie has taken that honor to extreme heights...... One of the few artists that stays completely dedicated to that honor and gives her time to the Opry, no matter how busy she is.....

Exactly! … That's one way you know Carrie truly loves and respect country from way she is so faithful towards Opry including on her very busy years.

Steven77536

Carrie will be talked about like Reba, Dolly, Loretta ,etc are today. In other words, she's a future legend. All these new gals, from Lauren Alaina to Carly Pearce, call her an inspiration. Her respect for country music shows every time she appears on that stage.

Last edited:

jaymiee

I'm not a huge Kelsea fan but I have watched this like 100 times now. I love this cover and think Carrie does a great job at matching Kelsea and not outshining her.

Love when Carrie covers classic country songs

Steven77536

I've watched that duet about 50 times. Their harmonies are angelic! Ladies, get in the studio and record that song! I've heard artists do covers that were so good, I said, "He/she ought to record that."