Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie mentoring Idol top 5 next week

pklongbeach

Singing Carrie songs always levels the playing field. You either make it your own or it eats you alive! Leah was amazing! (And I will always think of ISBY as a "Carrie Song"). I thought HunterGirl (God, I hate that pretentious name!) was eaten up by UI. She just does not have the swagger for it at all. I thought Noah did a fantastic job of recreating an authentic Carrie Underwood song with SS. Very believable and you can hear him doing that in concert.
The other guy I have no idea what that song even was so it had no "Carrie" impact for me at all. It was a missed opportunity when there is no room for mistakes!
And again, Blown Away blew the last girl away. I am not surprised that she and the other guy went home.
I am good with Leah or Noah for the win. Though Leah seems a little too much like another winner from the recent past. And I honestly think that if Noah wins they can really focus on him and he would go far in country music.
HunterGirl is a complete pass for me...... She would not even be there if the other girl had not quit the show.

pklongbeach

As for Carrie herself; I just loved that Idol gave her the Queen treatment! So deserved! I think all the way back to when she won and I saw her face on a small local magazine cover and I was so happy for her and I just wanted her to do so well. And look at her now! BTW, I kind of LOVE all the denim and rhinestones. I think it is young and fresh! And I can totally see her bringing back "stonewashed!!" ha ha ha Love you Carrie

Smokyiiis

As for Carrie herself; I just loved that Idol gave her the Queen treatment! So deserved! I think all the way back to when she won and I saw her face on a small local magazine cover and I was so happy for her and I just wanted her to do so well. And look at her now! BTW, I kind of LOVE all the denim and rhinestones. I think it is young and fresh! And I can totally see her bringing back "stonewashed!!" ha ha ha Love you Carrie
I agree wholeheartedly. Huntergirl does absolutely nothing for me and hasn't since her audition. She sounds like every other female vying for their first award and never quite making it to the bus stop.

rcramer

I agree wholeheartedly. Huntergirl does absolutely nothing for me and hasn't since her audition. She sounds like every other female vying for their first award and never quite making it to the bus stop.
I never really watched Huntergirl, but did catch a few of that Leah, would be nice to see her and Noah take top 2... But I do agree with Simon and pklongbeach, Noah for the win, he would be the one that would do well in country, He is very authentic.

maddkat

Staff member
same with Noah, they're all 'dime a dozen' singers.

pklongbeach

I would agree that Noah falls into the catagory of White Male Guitar Country...... But that is still exactly what Country Music promotes and supports. So he is the only one I can see having any impact in music. Leah just does not have the "it" factor. And HG has even less appeal to me. So all we have left is Noah. All in all this was about as weak a finale as we have ever seen

mbh

I think her Idol Finale is going to be pre-taped since she has a concert that night. (or she could do it live from her concert).
Our Carrie's last show in "Resorts World Las Vegas" is on May 21, 2022 and her next concert is on June 07, 2022 in "Grand Ole Opry" ... the FINALE is on May 22, 2022. Los Angeles is just six hour drive from Las Vegas by car. I THINK it will be LIVE.

mbh

Whats this driving thing you speak of? She’ll be flying to LA for the AI finale lol
I am just describing how short the distance is from Las Vegas to Los Angeles! Did I say anything that our Carrie will drive??? I do not know how long is the flight from Las Vegas to Los Angeles ... but, it is a lot shorter time, of course.

pklongbeach

^ less than an hour. You are no sooner at cruising altitude than you are descending. People do it a lot because the traffic to and from vegas and LA is awful.

Reactions: mbh

countryfan2006

Sorry i had my days mess up she will be there in person cause her last Vegas concert is tonight not tomorrow (i wonder what she's going to be performing) probably Ghost Story .

FanSince04

Carrie will be performing “Denim & Rhinestones” on the finale! I’m thinking this may be the second single after Ghost Story.

• Love

Hil

Carrie will be performing “Denim & Rhinestones” on the finale! I’m thinking this may be the second single after Ghost Story.
Interesting you think this, because I think the opposite. I just think she's performing the title track. She usually waits to perform singles when they're released. If anything I think this rules it out. I think of the songs released CA will be an eventual single. Can't wait to hear D&R tomorrow though.

FanSince04

Interesting you think this, because I think the opposite. I just think she's performing the title track. She usually waits to perform singles when they're released. If anything I think this rules it out. I think of the songs released CA will be an eventual single. Can't wait to hear D&R tomorrow though.
I’m hoping Crazy Angels is released as the next single, but this has me thinking.

Reactions: Hil