Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie on Miranda's new cd - song - "Something Bad"

maddkat

Staff member
Miranda Lambert 'Ready to Rock' as She Preps Album - ABC News

The good news? Miranda Lambert has completed her much anticipated, though somewhat overdue, fifth album. The bad news? You have to wait until June 3 for "Platinum," a full two years and eight months since her last LP. Why the wait? Lambert released an album with her Pistol Annies trio in 2013 and extended her tour. She also decided she was at a place in her career where she'd earned the time to fulfill her entire creative vision, and it simply took time.
"From the day you kinda go I need to start looking for songs and writing songs, it feels like no matter how much time you have, you're rushed," Lambert said. "And so I didn't want to rush it at all. To me it's all about timing and making sure that you can feel like you can finally sit there and go, OK, the album's done, and never have a moment where you go, I wish we could change that or I wish we had a different song."
An early listen reveals the singer's most ambitious album yet. At 16 songs, "Platinum" sprawls across genre and style and expands on her already adventurous sense of song choice. She says everyone urged her to trim a few songs and conform to the usual country conventions.
"Now when you listen to it as a whole, what do you take off?" she asked.
The album paints a picture of Lambert's life as she reaches 30. She wrote or co-wrote eight songs and chose the others based on how they reflected her personality or world view.
The first single, "Automatic," suggests returning to a slower time and way of thinking. She contemplates her self-image in "Bathroom Mirror," takes on tabloid scrutiny in "Priscilla" and teams up with several guests on songs that underscore her range and willingness to experiment.
The collaboration with Carrie Underwood on "Something Bad" brings together two of country's most popular stars.

"We're really rocking in country music and we're coming together as a force," Lambert said. "To me, like, if you're sitting on the front row, you might want to scoot back. It's a force. It just feels exciting to me. I'm ready to rock."

I hope it's the second single!!

simonplay

Sounds like a rocking song.

Now Miranda will be snubbed at the CMA's too for working with Carrie. lol

Hope is the second single.

nccountrygal

Sounds like a rocking song.

Now Miranda will be snubbed at the CMA's too for working with Carrie. lol

Hope is the second single.

Or Carrie might actually win an award since she is collaborating with Miranda! lol Just kidding by the way.
And yes this sounds like a rocking song. I wonder why Miranda's CD is not coming out before June. I would have thought she would be releasing in May. She will more than likely be on her second single by the time her album comes out so maybe the Carrie collaboration will be the second single.

I wonder too if this is the new music Sony was referring to coming out this year. If this collaboration is indeed the second single I still hope we get a new Carrie single at least by September.

simonplay

Or Carrie might actually win an award since she is collaborating with Miranda! lol Just kidding by the way.
And yes this sounds like a rocking song. I wonder why Miranda's CD is not coming out before June. I would have thought she would be releasing in May. She will more than likely be on her second single by the time her album comes out so maybe the Carrie collaboration will be the second single.

I wonder too if this is the new music Sony was referring to coming out this year. If this collaboration is indeed the second single I still hope we get a new Carrie single at least by September.

Oh no no no!! I want the first single this year, but maybe you are right and this is the "new music" coming this year.

pklongbeach

Oh God, the voices in my head. I will keep them silent as long as I can.
I will just wait and agree with those who may be thinking the same things I am thinking......

As a single one-off stand-alone duet, I am really interested and hopeful about what it sounds like.

As for Carries voice being used to sell Miranda Cd's I will stay silent....

AdamJ

Sorry guys--I am a die hard rock fan and I am not excited about this because in my opinion Miranda does not have the vocal chops (versatility or sound) to pull rock songs off. Carrie can and does all the time. I love it when she sings rock.

Smokyiiis

Yikes, I want to be optimistic I really really do because I love everything Carrie. Something inside tells me their voices don't blend. I hope I am incredibly irrevocably wrong and it works. (Something deep within tells me Miranda just found another ride to the frontline with Carrie as the propulsion.)

pklongbeach

We don't know that is is "rock inspired" do we??
It could be a power ballad. OF course that won't go well for Miranda either (quiet, voices!)

bigbluegrl23

Oh God, the voices in my head. I will keep them silent as long as I can.
I will just wait and agree with those who may be thinking the same things I am thinking......

As a single one-off stand-alone duet, I am really interested and hopeful about what it sounds like.

As for Carries voice being used to sell Miranda Cd's I will stay silent....

Bring it on. These women should be helping each in the misogyny that is country music. Hopefully this song wil sit at number 1 as a big middle finger to Nashville.

pklongbeach

I just had a thought, it could be a song similar to "Oh Love" where Carries voice is more just background and the majority of the song is showcasing Miranda.

bigbluegrl23

As much as it pains me to say this, miranda is more her competition than brad. She's not gonna agree to do a song with miranda and lay idle in the background.

pklongbeach

Bring it on. These women should be helping each in the misogyny that is country music. Hopefully this song wil sit at number 1 as a big middle finger to Nashville.

I love that. And I think it would be great. Though keep in mind, that is basically already true and the country industry still ignores the fact that Carrie/Miranda/Taylor are already dominating and have been.

Yes, I think this could potencially be a huge commerical success. Another major win for Miranda and her team and her cd sales and her award wins and her overall successs as a force that is more influencial than any other woman in the genre....

...thanks for helping out Carrie.......

pklongbeach

As much as it pains me to say this, miranda is more her competition than brad. She's not gonna agree to do a song with miranda and lay idle in the background.
To respond to this specifically; Carrie is absolutely the type of person to sit back and let another shine, it is what she does most of.... Thats her blessing and her curse.

But in theory I agree with you that a song that is going to smash (if it is designed to do so) by the two biggest females in the genre, is great. IT really is. And I love that Carrie would lend herself to it.

The darkest voice in my head still just speaks of Carrie one day being at the forefront again, and when and how that is ever going to happen again.
Carrie lending her voice to Sony to make Mirnadas "Planium" cd the biggest release of the year is not going to help.....

still excited to hear the song though, just because its Carrie! Wink!

oh.. I thought Carrie's new music would be her new single from fifth album.. Hopefully Carrie will release her 1st new single end of this year. !

maddkat

Staff member
To respond to this specifically; Carrie is absolutely the type of person to sit back and let another shine, it is what she does most of.... Thats her blessing and her curse.

But in theory I agree with you that a song that is going to smash (if it is designed to do so) by the two biggest females in the genre, is great. IT really is. And I love that Carrie would lend herself to it.

The darkest voice in my head still just speaks of Carrie one day being at the forefront again, and when and how that is ever going to happen again.
Carrie lending her voice to Sony to make Mirnadas "Planium" cd the biggest release of the year is not going to help.....

still excited to hear the song though, just because its Carrie! Wink!

*confused* Carrie is at the fore front! She's never left! She's in demand everywhere.
Why would you say she's not? Unless your talking about meaningless awards that are quickly forgotten by everyone but diehard fans.