Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie on new NeedtoBreathe song - I Wanna Remember

PRGuy79

I love this song and their voices complement each other so well. The high part harmony on the chorus from Carrie is incredible and catchy. I can definitely see this song performing well on the Adult Contemporary charts at the very least.

I was a fan of Needtobreathe before they began collaborating with Carrie, but I am certainly even more a fan of their work now!

Farawayhills

I love this collaboration! Carrie's bravura vocals and Bear's more rasping, Southern Rock-influenced delivery fit together in a way that strikes me as turning the contrast into a well chosen complementary mix. Featured collaborations on albums can vary greatly - from little more than backing vocals to full blown duets. I think in this case they get a pleasing balance between harmonies and alternating verses that convey the two singers' individual characters well.I love the mandolin line that plays through the song too.

Need To Breathe are an interesting band - they do have a strongly stated Christian faith, but they have refused Christian recording deals and resisted being labelled in that way. I think the reason is that they want to continue recording a variety of song themes, and to draw on a variety of influences in what can broadly be described as the Folk Rock spectrum.

This Rolling Stone article gives a track list of their new album (which also includes a collaboration with Natalie Hemby}
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-country/needtobreathe-carrie-underwood-i-wanna-remember-117
The article contains an interesting quote on why they invited Carrie:
“‘I Wanna Remember’ is a nostalgic track and takes you back to the moments you never want to forget. We all came from small towns, and those roots have cemented into the fabric of the band and our music,” Needtobreathe said in a release. “We felt like [Underwood’s] small town roots and humble beginnings were the perfect addition to this song.”