Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Staples Center Review

Smokyiiis

One of the best reviews I have ever read on any singer. And so true. Carrie honestly gives this tour everything but the kitchen sink (prolly that too come to think of it). It really deserves it's own thread to be sure!

MelissaD

Thanks for making this its own thread. I don't check the forums every day and sometimes not even every week, so if you had posted it in the official CP tour thread, or even in the thread for the specific tour date (which I literally NEVER check, as I'm sure is the case for many others unless they've attended the show in question), I likely would have never seen this stellar review.

Farawayhills

I know not everyone here follows Country Music in general, much beyond Carrie and the Mainstream chart scene - but I thought some might like to know that Holly Gleason (who wrote that review) has considerable influence and respect within the genre. She has a reputation in both wings of the genre - on the Roots side, she's worked as a publicist for leading artists like Emmylou, and John Prine, and edited the book "Woman Walk the Line: How the Women in Country Music Changed Our Lives" for the University of Texas. On the Mainstream side, she's worked as a Nashville music industry consultant, and has had connections with record labels and publicity firms. She is a songwriter herself, and has a similar degree to Carrie's, in communications.

The point is that she's likely to have a wider insider following as a journalist than many of the people who write reviews, and her opinions of Carrie stand a good chance of getting wider notice.

Smokyiiis

And perhaps even more recognition if we all are able to tweet the link to the review. I have and will do so a second time!

I know not everyone here follows Country Music in general, much beyond Carrie and the Mainstream chart scene - but I thought some might like to know that Holly Gleason (who wrote that review) has considerable influence and respect within the genre. She has a reputation in both wings of the genre - on the Roots side, she's worked as a publicist for leading artists like Emmylou, and John Prine, and edited the book "Woman Walk the Line: How the Women in Country Music Changed Our Lives" for the University of Texas. On the Mainstream side, she's worked as a Nashville music industry consultant, and has had connections with record labels and publicity firms. She is a songwriter herself, and has a similar degree to Carrie's, in communications.

The point is that she's likely to have a wider insider following as a journalist than many of the people who write reviews, and her opinions of Carrie stand a good chance of getting wider notice.