Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie to appear on the Drew Barrymore Show - Jan 12

Kizmet311

I agree that Drew is so awkward, lol, but it was still kind of cool to see a well-known actress like her fangirling over Carrie a little bit. We didn't learn anything groundbreaking, but I also liked the few different questions she asked Carrie. It seems like she really admires Carrie's philosophy for health and fitness. The part with the little girl was adorable, of course.

DizzyDollyDee

Thanks for posting as wasn't able to watch - I liked the variety of subject matter that Drew covered - great host and course Carrie is awesome, that's a given!! Love this site - so hard to keep up with anything now days with our world so different. So, thanks again soooooo much!! Carrie brings a joy and peace feeling to my world - always has and can hardly wait for her new cd - My Savior - can't come soon enough as it's what we all need, especially the ones who don't even know it.

Bookgirl36

I agree that Drew is so awkward, lol, but it was still kind of cool to see a well-known actress like her fangirling over Carrie a little bit. We didn't learn anything groundbreaking, but I also liked the few different questions she asked Carrie. It seems like she really admires Carrie's philosophy for health and fitness. The part with the little girl was adorable, of course.

I kind of liked that Drew was so awkward because it made her seem more relatable and real. I just had no idea that Drew was such huge fan of Carrie’s so to see someone as well known as she is fangirl over Carrie so much like any one of us would on here was just so awesome.I loved that Drew asked Carrie questions that many other interviewers would never think of asking her.Like the rest of us,Drew seemed really drawn to Carrie’s relatable approach to health and fitness.And seriously,that little girl was so adorable.

PRGuy79

Very sweet interview and engagement with the young fan! I had never seen Drew's show before and she came across as very sincere and admiring of Carrie and her life and work.

pkslongbeach

I really really liked this interview a lot. Not only is Carrie continuing to be able to open up and be the center of the room (which was always very difficult for her to do), but she seemed sincerely in the moment with Drew as if Drews silly girliness allowed Carrie to relax a lot and just be herself. There were many things I feel we learned here that we don't get to understand. You can see how and why she has been so successful when she starts talking about how she manages her life. I am really proud of her ability to share herself this time. I have always said that she is not the bubbly efforvesant pop star that we are used to seeing and that she is much more grounded and almost "serious". And this shows that she is actually getting quite comfortable with who she is and that makes a huge difference. Cheers to this interview. One of her best!

Bookgirl36

I really really liked this interview a lot. Not only is Carrie continuing to be able to open up and be the center of the room (which was always very difficult for her to do), but she seemed sincerely in the moment with Drew as if Drews silly girliness allowed Carrie to relax a lot and just be herself. There were many things I feel we learned here that we don't get to understand. You can see how and why she has been so successful when she starts talking about how she manages her life. I am really proud of her ability to share herself this time. I have always said that she is not the bubbly efforvesant pop star that we are used to seeing and that she is much more grounded and almost "serious". And this shows that she is actually getting quite comfortable with who she is and that makes a huge difference. Cheers to this interview. One of her best!

I think we all know that it probably isn’t easy opening up about areas of your life that you normally keep private so to see her being able to open up more about her own life when it’s probably still not that easy for her to do it in any other setting is refreshing when so many celebrities keep a lot of their private lives to themselves or under wraps because of the scrutiny they get. I think the perception is that she’s extremely reserved,shy and too “buttoned up” when this interview showed that she isn’t as cold,impersonal or closed off as some people have implied. I don’t think she’ll always like being the center of attention but now I think she feels she’s better able to put herself and her life out there regardless of the scrutiny or criticism she gets.Given the right interviewer,she feels she’s better able to open up and be herself even if she gets scrutiny for not being bubbly or exciting enough. She kind of reminds a lot of myself in that she’s shy and reserved but given the right setting and interviewer,she feels more comfortable opening up during her interviews.I think this was the most comfortable and relaxed that I’ve seen Carrie in an interview in awhile.I don’t know if this is an accurate assessment or not,but I don’t think she cares as much now about how people perceive her or view her.I had never watched Drew’s show before but I had no idea of how much of a huge fan Drew was of Carrie and her work. I thought her questions were sincere and they were deeper than just surface questions that she normally gets asked. Drew seemed really sincere and genuine in her love of Carrie,her career,her life and health and fitness.I think most of Carries success just doesn’t come from how she manages her life on and offstage,she just comes off as genuine & sincere & humble about her success when most people in her position wouldn’t come across as humble or genuine. Carries talent has a lot to do with her success but her drive to want to be the best she can be at her job and to be the best at what she does and do things that set her apart from other artists that make her unique is another part of why she’s so successful. She just seems to come across as more real and relatable than other celebrities and doesn’t sugarcoat anything when it comes to her own flaws and insecurities.Drew’s silliness seemed to put Carrie at ease and allow Carrie to be more relaxed and more herself during the interview.I’ve always enjoyed her interviews no matter what show she’s on but I just seemed to enjoy this one more than the other interviews she’s done over the past few months.

pkslongbeach

^I agree that it had to do with the questions also. They were the type of questions that allowed her to talk about her real life and her real attitudes towards things. Compared to KC's this was very informative and put Carrie into a very personable light. The KC one seemed to keep her in that defensive position of "I don't know whats coming and it makes me uncomfortable". I think it also helped that the segment was going to be shared with the young lady making bracelets. That way, I think Carrie felt like it was not all about her.