Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood 6 - Cry Pretty Era

Maybe they didnt announce the $1 for each ticket because there was a plan to extend the tour into 2020? Although i feel like that would have been announced before March...I just hope were getting new music at some point this year!

The thought of thinking that the tour possibly could have been extended just made me a bit sad...who knows what was truly supposed to happen with everything going on. Out best chance for getting new music would be at the ACM Awards this fall probably...the thought of new music reminded me of some of Carrie’s cowrites that have super intriguing titles that I want to hear like The Greatest Show on Earth and Poison Apple.

Do yall think that Carrie owns her masters now with her songs released under Capitol?

Carrie seems to have more “freedom” with Capitol so I could definitely see her possibly owning them. It’s probably for the best if she does own them.

On a side note, how does Carrie leaving her catalogue with Sony impact her? Like does she still make the same amount of money from her albums before Cry Pretty? I’m not entirely caught up with that stuff haha.

Zach1998

^ I'm sure she still probably makes as much off her old albums now as she did when she was still under them. Really the only difference it makes is they can release songs she recorded while under them that might have went unreleased (like Oklahoma Wind) and possibly release more Greatest Hits albums to profit off of her back catalog. Though I don't see them doing that in the near future or at all since she released GH#1 in 2014 and the only material not on that are her 4 storyteller singles and Somethin' Bad. Would love it if somehow she could purchase her masters for the Storyteller album or make an agreement with Sony so she can release them on a GH#2 album picking up exactly where GH#1 left off and have everything post Blown Away on it.

heymc

Whoever that made the decision to pick the singles off CP deserved to be fired. Bad choice all the way!

EUWY could have been the biggest hit this era yet no one does anything on this.

jamatthews83

I'm not sure she can fire herself if she picked the singles. And trying to trend a Carrie song on the back of what's going on right now is really tacky and gross.

Zach1998

Listened to Love Wins this morning and couldn't help but wonder if it was released now, given the current state of things if it would have done better on radio than when it was originally released. Feel like if it was released now it could have made top 5 if not number 1.

Momin

I think they'll release another one before the Christmas album. There might some life left in these songs.

Zach1998

I could make an argument for both sides. Ideally she has a fresh duet with one of her country peers to tie us over. No confirmation or anything but I know Dan + Shay have a new album due this year and I would absolutely love for a Carrie duet to be on it and be a single to tie us over. If not and they wanna do a 5th CP single EUWY should be the only song they consider for many reasons (even though it’s not my fave.) I do think there is a good chance we end at DA though.

jaymiee

As much as I want a 5th single considering shes never done a 5th single even when all her songs shot to #1 I dont see it happening this era with how radio has been treating her

I think a duet with someone like Dan n Shay would such a great move until the xmas album. Not sure if that David Bisbal duet is something for this summer or a movie but I would prefer her to duet with a county artist with possible crossover potential

Smokyiiis

I always loved this review of the Cry Pretty album:
[h=3]AllMusic Review by Stephen Thomas Erlewine [-][/h]Ever since she walked away with the fourth season of American Idol in 2005, Carrie Underwood's strength has been her steeliness. Even at her tenderest moments, there was a sense of remove, as if Underwood were reluctant to let her guard slip, which is what makes the emotional frankness of 2018's Cry Pretty startling. Underwood is self-aware enough to address this shift at the very beginning of the record, which opens with a title track containing the confession that she's "not usually the kind to show my heart to the world," and then she proceeds to spend the next 50 minutes allowing herself to open up to emotions she has usually kept in reserve. "Cry Pretty" is the rallying call for the album, a cry of confidence that can be heard not just in the lyrics but also within the album's musical ambition. Without abandoning the sweeping, cinematic diva-pop that's her signature, Underwood buttresses her country roots while fearlessly threading hip-hop and R&B within her music, going as far as to invite Ludacrisin for a verse on the triumphant closer, "The Champion." Perhaps this fist-pumping affirmation isn't as successful as the smooth R&B rhythms holding "Backsliding" together or the rapid rhyming on "That Song That We Used to Make Love To," but the audacity of the Ludacris guest spot underscores how Underwood is taking risks for the first time. Nearly all of them pay off. "The Bullet," an anti-gun-violence ballad that feels especially potent and poignant in the wake of the 2017 Route 91 Harvest shooting, is nervy and affecting in a way Underwood never has been, and it finds a counterpart in "Southbound," a party tune that's as effervescent as anything she's ever cut. These two songs show how Underwood's deliberate maturation doesn't come at the expense of what she's done before. Instead, it deepens and enriches what was already there -- as any good maturation would -- and the result is an album as satisfying as it is surprising.