Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood 7- Denim and Rhinestones

Zach1998

Imagine being a label executive and holding out on a song like CCA. Embarrassing!
They always tried to play it extremely safe when it came to her singles (hence the flawless chart runs she had with them), but I agree when she got to that level of stardom they could've/should've at least let her have her choice, whether it was radio friendly or not.

Hil

I love the line "Yeah this back home drive's got me reflectin'...."

Side note did not know Arista prevented CCA from being a single. I am all FOR her changing to Universal now!
Just my opinion, but Dirty Laundry is a better radio single, even though I love CCA. They should have released it as a fifth. Also, what's the point in picking a song radio won't play much? Earlier in her career she could throw almost anything at radio and they would play it. While I'm not even close to the peeps who want to put her in the legacy club, I admit radio won't immediately play anything she puts out anymore. At this point it's best to send the most radio friendly songs to radio, and put your more experimental songs on streaming lists.

Last edited:

Zach1998

Just my opinion, but Dirty Laundry is a better radio single, even though I love CCA. They should have released it as a fifth. Also, what's the point in picking a song radio won't play much? Earlier in her career she could throw almost anything at radio and they would play it. While I'm not even close to the peeps who want to put her in the legacy club, I admit radio won't immediately play anything she puts out anymore. At this point it's best to send the most radio friendly songs to radio, and put your more experimental songs on streaming lists.
I think that she was okay with Dirty Laundry, Smoke Break, and Church Bells as singles, as she still plays them all regularly. I get the vibe that maybe she wasn't as big a fan of Heartbeat being a single, since I cannot tell you the last time I remember her performing it. I also remember the label head at the time said that it was his favorite on the record, so that's could be a reason it was released.

Also, agree with the take on single selections. If the experimental songs are connecting well through sales and streams, then sure, try them as a single, but if it's just so so I don't see the point.

carriefan14

^ I remember Carrie doing an interview around the time HB had just come out as single 2, and she said "I don't do mushy songs" lol.

Also I find it difficult to believe doing a duet with Sam hunt was her decision at the Grammys

LilUnderwood

I like HB I used it as my first dance song at my wedding! Also used MS for the ceremony for the Mom’s coming down the aisle! I had to have Carrie songs at my wedding lol!

I feel like heartbeat and Faster are similar in their content so maybe it’s not mushy idk! Lol

Louisa

I heard a rumour “Pink Champagne” is the second single from Denim & Rhinestones. Anyone else heard that? 💗 Carrie keeps saying in interviews how much she loves that particular song.

Hil

^ I remember Carrie doing an interview around the time HB had just come out as single 2, and she said "I don't do mushy songs" lol.

Also I find it difficult to believe doing a duet with Sam hunt was her decision at the Grammys
I loved the song Heartbeat and the way her voice sounded on it. That being said Sam Hunt botched the Grammy performance. I was so annoyed. He was off key and sounded terrible. They should have just let her sing it alone.

Last edited: