Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood 7- Denim and Rhinestones

Hil

I feel like PC was meant to throw us off. After spinning the album 3 times straight, I think singles will be CA, Burn and VH in that order.
I don't think it was meant to throw anyone off, I think it was just a promotional single used to help sell the album. The VIP names always made me think they were going to be singles, except for D&R. Plus, they're the most obvious singles to me.

countrymusicfan15

I've gone to lots of concerts and I'm not part of their dedicated fan base. I think her dedicated fanbase did buy the album and stream the song, just not sure it's appealing to those outside of her immediate base. I think the album as a whole will, but lots of people were not super into Ghost Story when it came out. Saying otherwise it's ignoring the obvious. I still love the song, just going by everyone's reactions online. Also, everyone calls it a grower. I just dont think it got anyone as excited as it should for a first single after 4 years or so. Let's see how the other singles perform.
I agree. It all is just kinda strange too because it’s literally the ONLY song on the album that isn’t a Carrie co-write. And it’s not super radio-friendly and obviously hasn’t been a very high-impact song in terms of streaming and album sales…so really makes you wonder why was it chosen and why is even extra promotion (the alternate music video) being fed to it. Idk I hope it can still continue up the charts and generate more buzz, but I just don’t know that it will benefit the overall era too much

montdu39

I love Ghost Story. I actually think it sounds great on radio, but it definitely was a bit more of a grower, and didn’t have that huge impact upon release that we all wanted.

Carrie_Hannah

The alternate version is better than the original. Just seems so sloppy to release an alternate version though. Wishing this would have been the first release.
He seems less like a stalker and no more of those cheesy photos on his phone!! Yay! I still hate some of the color overlay edits that they chose to use. That green is cringy to me.
Not trying to be negative. Just voicing my opinion. I feel like some “negative opinions” aren’t welcomed here sometimes.
Overall, alternate version is better.

Last edited:

PRGuy79

The alternate version is better than the original. Just seems so sloppy to release an alternate version though. Wishing this would have been the first release.
He seems less like a stalker and no more of those cheesy photos on his phone!! Yay! I still hate some of the color overlay edits that they chose to use. That green is cringy to me.
Not trying to be negative. Just voicing my opinion. I feel like some “negative opinions” aren’t welcomed here sometimes.
Overall, alternate version is better.
Agree. I like the new version better and all the attention it is receiving, but it's almost like an acknowledgement that the first cut was not up-to-par or something.

jimshoe

I remember footage of her singing JTTW while she was in bed. I've never seen the actual video output.
Yeah that was the 'initial video' but it never aired becuase TPTB determined it was 'too sexy' for that type of song so they reshot it with differently and released that one

The Nanook

Wasn't there an alternate JTTW video?
Not an entirely alternate version, but there was one version of the music video that I think was played on some music video channel (something similar to CMT) where the footage for one line was slightly different. Around
on the version on Carrie's YouTube page, Carrie's mouth doesn't quite aline with the audio for the last word in "on my own" so the other version if I remember right basically cut to the next scene earlier to avoid that.

angeliccarrie

Not an entirely alternate version, but there was one version of the music video that I think was played on some music video channel (something similar to CMT) where the footage for one line was slightly different. Around
on the version on Carrie's YouTube page, Carrie's mouth doesn't quite aline with the audio for the last word in "on my own" so the other version if I remember right basically cut to the next scene earlier to avoid that.
That's what I remember. Her lips not matching the audio. Thanks