Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood 7- Denim and Rhinestones

HuiZ

11. HMH
12. Ghost Story

This is how my personal ranking of the album goes (no.12 being worst)
I am clearly SO thrilled that HMH is likely going to be single no.2.

Zach1998

I definitely think HMH will do better than Drinking Alone, which did fair, so that’s always a good sign. Of course if GS could not do well I am hesitant HMH would go to #1.
I could see it doing well because it fits with what’s on the radio right now. Ghost Story didn’t, even Carrie herself said that. So if GS made it right around the 5 mark I don’t see why Hate My. heart couldn’t get to #1.

FanSince04

I wanted Burn but HMH is one of my favorites too! So excited!
I hope she worked with a different director, please no more Randee, we need someone more creative than her
I’m not sure what the guitars are for and such, but please no dive bar performance like Smoke Break or lounge performance like Drinking Alone.

montdu39

HMH is a great single choice. It’s upbeat, very country, and catchy! Radio should eat this up.

it’s tough because I feel like Burn, CA, and VH should all be singles too…and this likely means one or two of those won’t be. :( I don’t think PC should ever be a single.

Reactions: Hil

FanSince04

HMH is a great single choice. It’s upbeat, very country, and catchy! Radio should eat this up.

it’s tough because I feel like Burn, CA, and VH should all be singles too…and this likely means one or two of those won’t be. :( I don’t think PC should ever be a single.
If radio “eats this up”, then maybe we can get all the singles 😊

HuiZ

I think we will be lucky to get 3 singles, considering how ridiculously slow the singles climb on radio are these days.

RyanVaCarrieFan

HMH is the right choice! The production would do well on the radio. I think it is a fresh sound for her. Not to mention, it is catchy! My gut tells me Pink Champagne is #3 for Spring / Summer 2023 and then it all ends with Burn during Fall 2023. I think the single choices of Ghost Story, Hate My Heart, Pink Champagne, and Burn show a diversified catalog and compliment the era nicely.

The lack of support Ghost Story has received is perplexing, to me. I still find some of the lyrics to be genius and think it is vocally sound. “I’ll be haunting you, you’ll be wanting me…”; “I’ll be waiting at the bottom of the bottle in the dark”; “I’m gonna be your ghost story, that keeping you up all night memory..” perfection.

I would have loved some longer notes, but that’s because I think some of Carrie’s best come from the days of critics suggesting all she could do were belts and ballads. Wasted, Just A Dream, etc. are immediate favorites that come to mind and have stood the test of time.

CU4ever

I could see it doing well because it fits with what’s on the radio right now. Ghost Story didn’t, even Carrie herself said that. So if GS made it right around the 5 mark I don’t see why Hate My. heart couldn’t get to #1.
I don’t know, maybe it’s just me but I don’t see that much of a difference between GS and HMH. It certainly isn’t like the rest of the songs on the chart by the women of country

CU4ever

How are GS and HMH remotely alike?
I did not say they were alike (I said "I don’t see that much of a difference between GS and HMH"). Since I was replying to a post about GS and radio fitness, I was meaning, I did not see anything that made HMH different from - more radio friendly - than GS. They can still be vastly different songs and both be not the best fits for radio, in my opinion

Last edited:

Hil

I did not say they were alike (I said "I don’t see that much of a difference between GS and HMH"). Since I was replying to a post about GS and radio fitness, I was meaning, I did not see anything that made HMH different from - more radio friendly - than GS. They can still be vastly different songs and both be not the best fits for radio, in my opinion
I think HMH is exactly what radio is and has been playing. IDK

CU4ever

I think HMH is exactly what radio is and has been playing. IDK
I just think I can’t hear what everyone else is hearing with that. Don’t get me wrong— I love HMH. I just feel like it doesnt sound like say “pick me up” or “what he didn’t do” which radio is enjoying right now.

countrymusicfan15

I just think I can’t hear what everyone else is hearing with that. Don’t get me wrong— I love HMH. I just feel like it doesnt sound like say “pick me up” or “what he didn’t do” which radio is enjoying right now.
I don’t think those two songs you mentioned are even in the top 20 yet..so I wouldn’t exactly use those songs to describe what radio is enjoying right now

CU4ever

I don’t think those two songs you mentioned are even in the top 20 yet..so I wouldn’t exactly use those songs to describe what radio is enjoying right now
Pick me up is in the top twenty. It is #14, up 3 spots week-to-week, with a bullet of 500. As for Carly, her last song was an #1 and sounded similar in sound

Hil

I guess I get what you're saying...kinda, but every song isn't going to sound alike. HMH has a sound that radio is playing, it sounds more like a song one of the guys making radio number ones would sing, at least to me, anyway.

CU4ever

I guess I get what you're saying...kinda, but every song isn't going to sound alike. HMH has a sound that radio is playing, it sounds more like a song one of the guys making radio number ones would sing, at least to me, anyway.
Yeah I have the exact same thought! It definitely sounds like a song the guys are singing & even HARDY wrote it. But that’s where me being apprehensive comes in since we know radio has a different standard for men/women. Like southbound was a hit but got blocked on billboard. Whereas if a man sang that it would have easily gotten several weeks at the top

Reactions: Hil