Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood 7- Denim and Rhinestones

Hil

Catching up on posts I have to say this is by far my favorite album from her as a whole. it's been years since I really listened to complete albums on the regular. I mean, I'll listen to them when i first get them, or when they come out, and then add my favorite songs to a playlist etc. I've listened to D&R so many times all the way through, I can't even tell you how many. She definitely made my kind of album. I also think summer is a big reason the launch felt so quiet. Literally the worst time to release an album IMO, most shows are in reruns. It also sucks the American Idol appearance fell through due to a false covid scare, that hurt a little. A lot of her promo was months before the album when GS came out, and sadly most people had forgotten about it by the time the album was released. I get why they released when the did because of the tour, but other than that I would have been happy to wait for a fall release. Could probably add another 10-15k onto album sales. Anyway, despite lack of promo I'm in love with this album and totally happy as long as Carrie continues to make music for us to listen to.

Oh, and I stopped caring what Grady says long ago. He always seems very dismissive, passive aggressive towards her music. I figure we have very different taste so I don't need to bother. Also, his comment about Burn makes his opinion on the album completely irrelevant TO ME LOL

Last edited:

liz278

Catching up on posts I have to say this is by far my favorite album from her as a whole. it's been years since I really listened to complete albums on the regular. I mean, I'll listen to them when i first get them, or when they come out, and then add my favorite songs to a playlist etc. I've listened to D&R so many times all the way through, I can't even tell you how many. I don't do that with many albums tbh. She definitely made my kind of album. I also think summer is a big reason the launch felt so quiet. Literally the worst time to release an album IMO, most shows are in reruns. It also sucks the American Idol appearance fell through due to a false covid scare, that hurt a little. A lot of her promo was months before the album when GS came out, and sadly most people had forgotten about it by the time the album was released. I get why they released when the did because of the tour, but other than that I would have been happy to wait for a fall release. Could probably add another 10-15k onto album sales. Anyway, despite lack of promo I'm in love with this album and totally happy as long as Carrie continues to make music for us to listen to.

Oh, and I stopped caring what Grady says long ago. He always seems very dismissive, passive aggressive towards her music. I figure we have very different taste so I don't need to bother. Also, his comment about Burn makes his opinion on the album completely irrelevant TO ME LOL
I agree with you about Grady. I stopped viewing anything he has to say about Carrie.

Reactions: Hil

carriefan14

People must have really not liked the GS video! Can’t believe it stalled out under 2mill. I don’t think it was that different from the DA video, and that won an award.

ChoctawCountyAffair

People must have really not liked the GS video! Can’t believe it stalled out under 2mill. I don’t think it was that different from the DA video, and that won an award.
The problem with Carrie's latest videos is that they are super boring, there are no storyline and it's just Carrie singing or playing guitar. Maybe she doesn't have a good budget like she did in BA era, but since then most of the videos are awful

PRGuy79

I'm shocked, too. It has barely surpassed the LYRIC video. I hope Universal and Carrie take note of the lukewarm response and adjust their strategy moving forward.

Last edited:

Zach1998

The problem with Carrie's latest videos is that they are super boring, there are no storyline and it's just Carrie singing or playing guitar. Maybe she doesn't have a good budget like she did in BA era, but since then most of the videos are awful
Believe me Carrie has a huge budget. She just continues to use producers with little to no vision (Randee St. Nicolas) because she's comfortable with them.

Smokyiiis

Believe me Carrie has a huge budget. She just continues to use producers with little to no vision (Randee St. Nicolas) because she's comfortable with them.
I have to agree although I also think Carrie forms most of the video storylines

CU4ever

I think this is the case for a lot of things w/ Carrie. Her team is just too comfortable with things and don’t take enough risks or make any changes. The biggest change we’ve had is a new producer, which many didn’t even care for. But yeah. I wish she would get better music videos this era.. I’m so sick of these boring videos. But at this rate we just have to hope next era she does so

txacar

I love most of Randee's videos: Blown Away, Smoke Break, Drinking Alone, Hallelujah. We are reacting to Randee exactly as we did Roman White. After JAD, everyone wanted her to get rid of Roman. She did, but quality of her videos did not improve enough to satisfy her fans. I'm in the minority, of course, but I think the GS video is brilliant. I do agree that she missed a great opportunity with Church Bells. Regardless, I still love watching the "tour promotion" CB video.

CU4ever

The thing is, for me at least, I would agree with the fact that some of Randee's videos were okay. I do like Blown Away, Smoke Break, and Heartbeat. I thought they were all very well done. But, IMO, since that SN era, the videos all seem way lower budget than those. Like Cry Pretty, Hallelujah (still pretty), and Ghost Story were so cheap looking to me so I feel like it is a budget thing. Or maybe that's just Randee's style. But, like there was so much missed potential with songs like Church Bells or Ghost Story. I mean, with Ghost Story she could have had some borderline scary/haunted video that could have run like 5-6 minutes and been like a mini horror movie similar to Two Black Cadillacs.

And I just can't get over really cheap looking stills like this :ROFLMAO: 😭 :
1664677871389.png