Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood 7- Denim and Rhinestones

Hil

Although I do love GS, i think it was such a grower. It didn't really get people super excited for the next era. The people choosing singles know way more than me, but I would have picked 5 singles for this album and they would be VH, HMH, BURN, CA & PC. I think those songs are top notch, and FUN!!! GS kinda sounds like something from BA tbh. I do like it, but I like the ones I mentioned better. I never had a problem with the video. I've watched a lot of videos when I cap CMT top 20 and no one is doing anything next level or exciting IMO. Carrie does have great concepts for videos. I believe Somethin' Bad was her treatment lol That video is AMAZING, totally next level.

maddkat

Staff member
^ agree, I'd dump PC for SDK any day

I think this is the case for a lot of things w/ Carrie. Her team is just too comfortable with things and don’t take enough risks or make any changes. The biggest change we’ve had is a new producer, which many didn’t even care for. But yeah. I wish she would get better music videos this era.. I’m so sick of these boring videos. But at this rate we just have to hope next era she does so
Her team or Carrie

CU4ever

Her team or Carrie
I said her team (“Her team is just too comfortable with things and don’t take enough risks or make any changes”) but not saying any bad or good, just what I view my opinion of the videos

Last edited:

Zach1998

I honestly don't think it's her team at this point. I think it's Carrie. She's comfortable, she's an introvert, she made some friends that made magic together in the past (David Garcia, Hilary Lindsey, Randee St. Nicolas, etc.), and doesn't feel like branching out. I get it, I hope she does switch it up in the future, because a big gripe I've heard from the general public about this album is that it just felt stagnant, and that she's one of the greatest vocalist of our generation and wasting her voice on dime a dozen songs.

Even though I do love this album (one of my favorites by her honestly), I do hope she branches out more next era. I would love for her to do an entire album with the type of production that's on She Don't Know. If David can do that awesome, if not Shane McAnally made some absolute magic on Carly Pearce's latest record, and I think he would crush an album for Carrie, especially considering her vocal abilities.

maddkat

Staff member
^ people that want Carrie to sing all big belting songs all the time slay me. Like how is she suppose to do a 2 hour concert every night just belting song after song after song. These same people after a concert are all 'man I'm hoarse after singing along all night' but they want Carrie to do it every night without any consideration for her vocal cords.

I said her team (“Her team is just too comfortable with things and don’t take enough risks or make any changes”)
I know you said her team, thats what I was questioning. I think it's much more likely it's Carrie not her team. She's running things with her career.

Last edited:

CU4ever

I know you said her team, thats what I was questioning. I think it's much more likely it's Carrie not her team. She's running things with her career.
Yeah I am sorry. I mistakenly misread your post and took it to be a question just on which if (like really asking Carrie or her team if what I meant) not rhetorical, so I edited it a little bit. I do agree it could be Carrie too creatively but I also think it maybe comes down to her team in some technical regards if they have some final business say so in things

CU4ever

I honestly don't think it's her team at this point. I think it's Carrie. She's comfortable, she's an introvert, she made some friends that made magic together in the past (David Garcia, Hilary Lindsey, Randee St. Nicolas, etc.), and doesn't feel like branching out. I get it, I hope she does switch it up in the future, because a big gripe I've heard from the general public about this album is that it just felt stagnant, and that she's one of the greatest vocalist of our generation and wasting her voice on dime a dozen songs.

Even though I do love this album (one of my favorites by her honestly), I do hope she branches out more next era. I would love for her to do an entire album with the type of production that's on She Don't Know. If David can do that awesome, if not Shane McAnally made some absolute magic on Carly Pearce's latest record, and I think he would crush an album for Carrie, especially considering her vocal abilities.
i feel the same way. I would like Carrie to switch things up next era. I understand D&R was a fun era, that’s totally great and it is fun! Not everything has to be deep and thought provoking, but I would like to see something a little different next era. Not sure David can really offer Carrie much beyond her new glossy sounds (which I, as a pop country person, enjoy). I would like to see Carrie work with Zach Crowell (heartbeat) myself. But maybe Carrie even has this all planned? 😅 like this is her fun album before she has something different planned or in her mind for next era

LilUnderwood

Really hoping as tour gets closer some more interviews and teasers of what’s to come will happen!

I love that this is a fun album but I do wish she would do something like a similar production style to My Savior I think it would just blow minds and give her a chance for a softer approach if she wants and doesn’t feel like she needs to belt for 2 hours lol!

p.s. If she doesn’t open tour with Poor Everybody Else I’m going to be sad!

Momin

Aside from the promo tracks (and PC that was promoted a lot), HMH is the only one that has reached 1m streams so far. So I can see why that would be the next single. Could be a bigger hit than GS and some of Carrie's other recent singles.

simonplay

Aside from the promo tracks (and PC that was promoted a lot), HMH is the only one that has reached 1m streams so far. So I can see why that would be the next single. Could be a bigger hit than GS and some of Carrie's other recent singles.
HMH has been on Spotify Wild Country playlist since the album release week, that's why it got more streams.

The Nanook

Believe me Carrie has a huge budget. She just continues to use producers with little to no vision (Randee St. Nicolas) because she's comfortable with them.
Do you have a source for this beyond just believing you? I've never seen cost figures anywhere for her videos.

PRGuy79

I am an advocate for increased creative control for artists, but when that happens, it is often followed by a plateau or decline in commercial viability. Labels exercise creative control to maximize commercial viability and sales. Sometimes it is healthy for an artist to be told "no" or "we need to shake it up". A balance is needed. When Universal released the news that Carrie had joined their roster, Carrie was quoted as saying the Universal team shared her drive and competitive spirit. That suggests she still wants to maximize commercial appeal. I hope Carrie has the right balance with her team so that her creative voice is honored but the business side of the house has freedom to moderate, when needed, to ensure she successfully navigates the changes in the music industry. Otherwise, she will quickly transition from commercially viable to a "legacy artist". I don't think Carrie is ready to do that yet.

Zach1998

Do you have a source for this beyond just believing you? I've never seen cost figures anywhere for her videos.
No sources, not facts (necessarily), but if there is a budget for these much smaller artists on the label, to receive better videos than Carrie, while they don't bring in a fraction of what Carrie does. I have to believe that the biggest star on the label, could have a larger budget music video than the cheap looking ones we have gotten so far. Some of the transitions in the videos Ghost Story and Cry Pretty are so cheap they look cringe.

Momin

Otherwise, she will quickly transition from commercially viable to a "legacy artist". I don't think Carrie is ready to do that yet.

More than Carrie and her label, I think news outlets, journalists, award shows always pose her as a legacy artist. Or at least that's how the tone feels like. She needs to be several albums deeper into her career to be considered a legacy artist or start posing as one herself.

LilUnderwood

Twitter has been blowing up about HMH and I saw a radio station tweet they were playing it today and wanted feedback. Not sure if it’s happening at all radio stations. I’ve been super busy so I feel totally out of the loop right now! Someone fill me in if I missed an announcement