Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood 7- Denim and Rhinestones

CU4ever

I feel like she was active on social media which is where I feel most people see stuff; maybe I’m wrong but I don’t know many people in my age (30s) who check out the daytime and nighttime shows
To me, she wasn’t even really that active on social media this era. She did the day in her life which I loved and want more of, but I feel like she tweeted and was more active during CP. A few weeks ago I was scrolling through all of her old tweets looking for something she said, and it really put into perspective that she was a lot more active last era. But I would agree, live tv ratings are not good at all anymore. Of course they can help for viral videos of those shows posted online though

ChoctawCountyAffair

Another example of many: If Tears of Gold was a demonstration of the team's commitment to international dominance, we should not be surprised by the fact that Carrie is much closer to legacy status than anyone thought possible only 5 years ago. This is another example of a subpar song, released without appropriate promotion, paired with a past-their-prime artist, unveiled with little fanfare at an odd time for both artists in their album cycles. Rather than generate interest, it seemed to distract from the other projects at hand. It is all very perplexing and random.
As someone that knows David Bisbal because he is very well known in Argentina, i think the problem with their duet is that it wasn't what made David famous in latam. He is know for his ballads, and that's what i was expecting. I am not a fan of him, but i do know his work since it used to be on the radio 24/7 and Tears of Gold was such a random song. Carrie would've killed a latin ballad

ChoctawCountyAffair

To me, she wasn’t even really that active on social media this era. She did the day in her life which I loved and want more of, but I feel like she tweeted and was more active during CP. A few weeks ago I was scrolling through all of her old tweets looking for something she said, and it really put into perspective that she was a lot more active last era. But I would agree, live tv ratings are not good at all anymore. Of course they can help for viral videos of those shows posted online though
i don't think we saw her a lot outside of the tour posts and the garden pics (please no more vegetables, i am begging you Carrie)

Not related to this, but something i would love is more acustic performances for the next era. i want her version of the folklore long pond studio sessions (or like she did for the fan club party a few years ago when she sang that's where it is), or videos of her making the songs. i find them so interesting.

harissacbr

As someone that knows David Bisbal because he is very well known in Argentina, i think the problem with their duet is that it wasn't what made David famous in latam. He is know for his ballads, and that's what i was expecting. I am not a fan of him, but i do know his work since it used to be on the radio 24/7 and Tears of Gold was such a random song. Carrie would've killed a latin ballad
RBD is making a comeback later this year, maybe Carrie could duet with them if she ever wants to sing Latin music again. They used to be huge and all their concerts are already sold out.

CU4ever

As we all know Carrie loves loves loves her garden and baked goods, I wonder if she will ever do a cooking show. Or some sort of reality type show. Could be an easy way to make everyone happy, some promo for her and she gets to share one of her passions. Plus these shows are filmed suuuppppeeerrr quick

PRGuy79

Can I ask a question? What exactly do you want Carrie to do with her career right now? Are you wanting her to be at the level like Taylor Swift is? Just curious and asking for clarification because I understand the complaints but I’m just wondering what y’all want from Carrie and her team?
We want the business professionals who are highly paid to make strategic decisions to lay out a clear strategy and execute at a level worthy of a top-tier talent of Carrie's caliber. We don't have the answers - but they should. If they don't, Carrie needs new representation - from management to label. The D & R roll-out was disjointed from the get-go. It seemed like amateur hour at UMG. We understand Carrie is 20 years into a career in an industry that favors youth and men - BUT, the current strategy (or lack thereof) seems like surrender. They need to do better.

ChoctawCountyAffair

I cannot believe that the freaking Jonas Brothers sold more first week than her. How much has D&R sold? 200k? The fact that it only spent 3 weeks on the Billboard chart shows how not popular this album was, and how useless were UMG at promoting the album.