Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood 7- Denim and Rhinestones

PRGuy79

^ maybe there's not and Carrie wanted to release OOTT just because. In today's age a album doesn't have to follow closely on the heels on a song release. Keith has released two songs over the last year+ and he isn't expected to release an album until sometime next year. Streaming changed the game.
True. But if this new single was attached to a deluxe edition, the streaming of the song would count for the album's certification. As a stand-alone, OOTT does nothing to help D & R.

countrymusicfan15

True. But if this new single was attached to a deluxe edition, the streaming of the song would count for the album's certification. As a stand-alone, OOTT does nothing to help D & R.
I feel like maybe the average country radio listener would just assume it’s on Carrie’s most recent album and then go give D&R some streams lol

Zach1998

Honestly idk if there are really any other plans for OOTT other than it serving as a song that has a good chance at getting her some momentum back at radio. I'd love for it to be a part of a D&R deluxe edition, but I'm not sure if that's happening. She might mention something about it at the FCP if it is.

It might be tacked on as a bonus track to the next album, because I don't think she even knows the direction her next album will even go yet.

Or it could just be a complete stand alone single (even though I hope it isn't, because all it's good streaming should go to help an album of some sort.)

rangers73

Honestly idk if there are really any other plans for OOTT other than it serving as a song that has a good chance at getting her some momentum back at radio. I'd love for it to be a part of a D&R deluxe edition, but I'm not sure if that's happening. She might mention something about it at the FCP if it is.

It might be tacked on as a bonus track to the next album, because I don't think she even knows the direction her next album will even go yet.

Or it could just be a complete stand alone single (even though I hope it isn't, because all it's good streaming should go to help an album of some sort.)
Maybe waiting to see how the song charts then make a decision as to what to do

PRGuy79

Maybe waiting to see how the song charts then make a decision as to what to do
This approach would mirror everything else UMG has done this era - throw something out and see if it sticks. I'm still waiting for a clear strategy, and I need to let it go because there simply may not be one this time.

Zach1998

For those who were asking specifically what I would have done differently a few weeks ago, when we were talking about her career choices.

Today is one of many examples on a silver plater... If you have a new song out a radio, let it be known. There hasn't even been as much as a post on her account that this is the new single and at radio today. At this point I don't care if Team CU logs into her account, just to let it be known. But today, we have a new song going out to radio, one that unfortunately has no momentum going in, thanks to the poor single choices before it; and what do we have, crickets from UMG, and crickets from Carrie, outside of posting about her garden.

Edit: thankfully she ended up posting a lot later in the day. After the close of adds day, I guess better late than never.

Last edited:

CU4ever

For those who were asking specifically what I would have done differently a few weeks ago, when we were talking about her career choices.

Today is one of many examples on a silver plater... If you have a new song out a radio, let it be known. There hasn't even been as much as a post on her account that this is the new single and at radio today. At this point I don't care if Team CU logs into her account, just to let it be known. But today, we have a new song going out to radio, one that unfortunately has no momentum going in, thanks to the poor single choices before it; and what do we have, crickets from UMG, and crickets from Carrie, outside of posting about her garden.
Literally. Like Carrie hasn’t even said anything about this being her new single, and if she hasn’t that’s fine, but team CU could at least make posts from her accounts about it. They did do an ad in country air check today last week, but there’s nothing as powerful as social media

FanSince04

Literally. Like Carrie hasn’t even said anything about this being her new single, and if she hasn’t that’s fine, but team CU could at least make posts from her accounts about it. They did do an ad in country air check today last week, but there’s nothing as powerful as social media
You’ll be happy to know she did post about it today 😊 Go check Instagram! Also, share that post so others know about it… Carrie is out gardening 😏

Last edited:

Zach1998

Anyone else notice on the post she made today about OOTT being her new single, that the end used the same font as the D&R album, and additionally had the single art for it over a purple background with rhinestones sparkling.

Curious if it’s apart of a D&R reissue or if I’m reading too much into it.

CU4ever

Anyone else notice on the post she made today about OOTT being her new single, that the end used the same font as the D&R album, and additionally had the single art for it over a purple background with rhinestones sparkling.

Curious if it’s apart of a D&R reissue or if I’m reading too much into it.
I don’t think it means anything. Could it be something? Maybe but it’s probably just UMG and their big budgets at it’s finest

FanSince04

Be still my heart! This is exciting 😊 6 NEW SONGS! Pleasssseeeeee go to number #1

Question… if the deluxe version affects sales of the original D&R, will it’s placement also affect the original D&R? Example… it was #2 on Country Albums (if it goes #1, does that mean the original D&R will be seen as going #1 too)?

jamatthews83

Disappointing to they're going down this route, and the rollout is bizarre. Still 6 more tracks is always a positive, and hopefully we'll get an international tour announced soon.

Also is the second track we're hearing from it a Cry Pretty reject?

PRGuy79

Exciting that a deluxe project is a reality! If one of the six songs is being released this week, I hope they don't release all of the surprises over the summer before the September release date arrives. We want fans to have an incentive to buy and stream when the time comes. I guess they are realizing that a summer roll-out isn't optimal and plan to capitalize on more of the promotional opportunities that the Fall television schedule will present to them.