Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood 7- Denim and Rhinestones

Michael Reid

I think something may be around the corner, think about it, we have the ACM’s in March, both the CMT’s and the Grammys in April. Carrie is a 4 time nominee at the ACM’s, a 2/3 time nominee at the Grammy’s, and Carrie racks ups the nominations for the CMT’s every year. Pair that off with her return to Vegas at the end of March/ April. This would be perfect timing for lead single?????!!!!

adam1995

I think something may be around the corner, think about it, we have the ACM’s in March, both the CMT’s and the Grammys in April. Carrie is a 4 time nominee at the ACM’s, a 2/3 time nominee at the Grammy’s, and Carrie racks ups the nominations for the CMT’s every year. Pair that off with her return to Vegas at the end of March/ April. This would be perfect timing for lead single?????!!!!
This would be a great time to release. Let's hope!

countrymusicfan15

I couldn’t think of a better time for new music! At least a new single next month and then maybe the album in August or September

Zach1998

Echo the statement's that now is the perfect time. We have so many large promo events coming up and she's a big part of all of them (multiple ACM noms, two Grammy noms, I assume a huge CMT list of noms as well) it's the perfect time Carrie. Let's start this era!

FanSince04

Hear me out… could you imagine her releasing a new song at ACM’s and creating a huge amount of buzz! One, it would be something out of the ordinary for Carrie to do. Two, in today’s climate people love overnight spectacles and to be caught off guard. Three, based on point two people would stream it to see what the hype is all about and her fans would rush to buy it! Obviously, she’d promote the song through a music video and other award show performances. I could see her adding this to the second leg of her residency. Thoughts?

monkeyboy16

Hear me out… could you imagine her releasing a new song at ACM’s and creating a huge amount of buzz! One, it would be something out of the ordinary for Carrie to do. Two, in today’s climate people love overnight spectacles and to be caught off guard. Three, based on point two people would stream it to see what the hype is all about and her fans would rush to buy it! Obviously, she’d promote the song through a music video and other award show performances. I could see her adding this to the second leg of her residency. Thoughts?
She sorta did that with Cry Pretty. She released it on a Thursday or Friday and performed it at the ACMs I think on that Sunday. I loved it tho!

maddkat

Staff member
^ I think that would be a great idea if the ACMs were broadcast instead of streaming on prime only.

The Nanook

Out of curiosity I compared IIDLY's Spotify streams with its fellow ACM Single of the Year nominees. All songs were released around summer 2021 (except Famous Friends in Nov 2020) and are all around 80 million streams or more except IIDLY which is in the 50 million range. Given its success and longevity at country radio I would have expected it to be quite a bit higher at this point. Carrie doesn't seem to rack up streams as well as some of her peers, but I would have thought a big hit like IIDLY in 2021/2022 would have helped break her through to the streaming era.