Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood 7- Denim and Rhinestones

simonplay

It's a good move considering GS is free falling on the Hot 100... I hope the Facebook release is just for thursday and they upload the new video to Youtube on friday.

I will predict Carrie doing acrobatics the whole video but it's probably the same video with little changes.. 😬

Hil

It's a good move considering GS is free falling on the Hot 100... I hope the Facebook release is just for thursday and they upload the new video to Youtube on friday.

I will predict Carrie doing acrobatics the whole video but it's probably the same video with little changes.. 😬
I would presume they will do this as well. Cause who cares about a facebook release only? I'm assuming it's a new edited version to try and boost streaming?

abbeyjones18

I'm just wondering if the new GS is the apple music video?
Well, the Apple Music performance is their exclusive, so I would imagine it would be theirs for a while before it ever gets released to another platform (and that might never happen, lol. Sorry to sound dramatic!) Carrie posted clips from the MV so one would think it's from that. 🤷‍♀️

PRGuy79

Well, an alternate video is a first. I wonder if this coincides with a final push to try to break into the Top 10? It seems to be an acknowledgement by the label that it is struggling and in need of something extra. I am hopeful it works and brings new life to the chart run.

FanSince04

It’s similar to artists releasing pop versions of a song. I’m curious to see what she releases. Happiness is a choice 😊

maddkat

Staff member
Well, an alternate video is a first. I wonder if this coincides with a final push to try to break into the Top 10? It seems to be an acknowledgement by the label that it is struggling and in need of something extra. I am hopeful it works and brings new life to the chart run.
I think it's more an acknowledgement that the original video was a bad edit and made the guy seem more like a stalker then a tortured soul.

PRGuy79

Country music has changed for sure…… But I guess like others mentioned Carrie is an older female in the business.. if she were male things would be so different….

it is perplexing to say the least…..
Agree. And I get that country music has changed, which would explain why all country artists seem to be posting similar numbers, but I worry about Carrie's solid fanbase which has always delivered on opening week - so much so that it has offset industry trends and allowed her to outperform others. Where did everybody go?!? :cry:

ChoctawCountyAffair

Agree. And I get that country music has changed, which would explain why all country artists seem to be posting similar numbers, but I worry about Carrie's solid fanbase which has always delivered on opening week - so much so that it has offset industry trends and allowed her to outperform others. Where did everybody go?!? :cry:
And what happened to the million fans that went to the CP tour and why aren't they streaming or buying the album?

Hil

And what happened to the million fans that went to the CP tour and why aren't they streaming or buying the album?
I've gone to lots of concerts and I'm not part of their dedicated fan base. I think her dedicated fanbase did buy the album and stream the song, just not sure it's appealing to those outside of her immediate base. I think the album as a whole will, but lots of people were not super into Ghost Story when it came out. Saying otherwise it's ignoring the obvious. I still love the song, just going by everyone's reactions online. Also, everyone calls it a grower. I just dont think it got anyone as excited as it should for a first single after 4 years or so. Let's see how the other singles perform.

Last edited: